• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: Namibia vs. Georgia (07/10/2015)

The errors were due to the open, attacking game we played...

so the next time someone asks why Georgia is playing such a negative game using only power... link them to this match.. its because we can't play an open game. same thing happens in ENC.. every time we try to play like that we slip up.

The errors were due to the open, attacking game we played...

so the next time someone asks why Georgia is playing such a negative game using only power... link them to this match.. its because we can't play an open game. same thing happens in ENC.. every time we try to play like that we slip up.

I don't think so, I think Georgia can play a fairly open style of rugby but just don't exaggerate with it...you need to build up on opposition with forwards and create pressure than go and run some slick lines instead of playing open rugby from everywhere on the pitch.

I think Georgia wanted to kill the game too early.
They absolutely wanted to score tries and made so many mistakes, like all the balls lost when they tried to offload.
Gorgodze was absolutely awful, maybe the worst game of his career. It seem he wanted to win the game alone, but forget how to pass, eaten tries because of that and lost his power. But he is not the only one to blame. Other supposed leaders like Zirakashvili, Kolelishvili, Mikautadze were also terrible.
Kicks from Kvirikashvili and Lobzhanidze were simply bad
Clancy ("Giorgie" for the TMO ref) and the TMO ref are the worst referees I've ever seen in a RWC. The first georgian try was legal. And Clancy must have allowed a penalty try after all these collapsing scrums.

The namibian defence was terrible. According to rugbyworldcup.com, they missed 50 tackles!!! It shows how Georgia failed to manage a very easy win...
Though, they have some decent players, especially in the backrow, Bothma, Du Plessis, Kitshoff.
I'm gutted for Burger. Was injured after playing only 9 minutes and announced today his retirement from international rugby.

I'm also gutted for Georgia, all spark of credibility they earn the first 3 games is overshadowed by this bad game.

Nevertheless, Georgia achieved their goal : 2 wins and Namibia managed his first bonus point ever.

I did not understand the last play. Namibia's player touched down the ball in their ingoal after 80mins, and the game was over by that play. Did he misunderstand the time? Was there no 80mins buzzer?

I did not understand the last play. Namibia's player touched down the ball in their ingoal after 80mins, and the game was over by that play. Did he misunderstand the time? Was there no 80mins buzzer?

Me too...
The ref said advantage Georgia so Malaguradze tried a drop goal and failed. Then the namibian confused with the ball (maybe a knock on ) and touched down. In any case the ref must have back to the advantage

But it was Clancy, he was absolutely terrible during all the game

Latest posts