• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Crusaders vs Sharks (Round 14)

Absolutely disgraceful not watching any more of this rubbish

Congratulations to the Sharks. I didn't expect them to win with 15 players let alone 14.

To be fair though at least the Sharks had 14. None of the Crusaders players turned up.

What a train wreck! I didn't think it was possible for the Crusaders to play so poorly. I give no credit at all to the Sharks really, we just handed it to them with inept tactical decisions, stupid penalties and a series of unforced errors.

It was depressing to watch!

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Sharks. I didn't expect them to win with 15 players let alone 14.

To be fair though at least the Sharks had 14. None of the Crusaders players turned up.

It just baffles me at this stage in the comp how they can even put in a performance like that!? How's it even possible?? They have everything to play for. IMO they dont deserve to be in the finals based on the first few weeks and this performance. At least the other NZ teams look like they play with some heart.

Sharks on the other hand have had a few years of pain and IMO its good for them to get a win like this and good for the comp.

How is Colin Slade in the All Blacks? He provided the attack with absolutely no impetus.

That is perhaps the worst performance by a super rugby team ever.

No, the Reds got that ***le last week. But it was up there.

Generally speaking, that game was absolutely atrocious. Just incredibly negative, dirty, ill-disciplined and error riddled crap punctuated by a couple pretty lucky tries, but otherwise dull-as-f@** kick and clap nonsense.

I actually thought he was about the best out of the lot of them? Not sure what your talking about?

Barring a well taken try Slade was poor. He was directionless with ball in hand, and his kicking was aimless. To be fair though he certainly wasn't the only Crusaders player that was poor, but he certainly contributed to a lifeless backline performance.....

It just baffles me at this stage in the comp how they can even put in a performance like that!? How's it even possible?? They have everything to play for. IMO they dont deserve to be in the finals based on the first few weeks and this performance. At least the other NZ teams look like they play with some heart.

Sharks on the other hand have had a few years of pain and IMO its good for them to get a win like this and good for the comp.

They don't deserve to be in the finals because of some poor performances during the season? Name one side that hasn't had 2-3 poor performances this season......

No, the Reds got that ***le last week. But it was up there.

Generally speaking, that game was absolutely atrocious. Just incredibly negative, dirty, ill-disciplined and error riddled crap punctuated by a couple pretty lucky tries, but otherwise dull-as-f@** kick and clap nonsense.

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Last edited:
I actually thought he was about the best out of the lot of them? Not sure what your talking about?

Not in my opinion. A first five who kicks that much when the team is up by one player and sometimes two? That flies in the face of logic when you are a man up. If the Crusaders kept their cool then they would have won easily. Instead, they kicked the ball away every time they got onto attack. Ironically, they lost because the Sharks scored a try after the Crusaders turned the ball over when they refused to kick it in their own 22! Slade is the first-five and is meant to spark the attack. He should have been spreading the ball to his outsides.

Not in my opinion. A first five who kicks that much when the team is up by one player and sometimes two? That flies in the face of logic when you are a man up. If the Crusaders kept their cool then they would have won easily. Instead, they kicked the ball away every time they got onto attack. Ironically, they lost because the Sharks scored a try after the Crusaders turned the ball over when they refused to kick it in their own 22! Slade is the first-five and is meant to spark the attack. He should have been spreading the ball to his outsides.

I tend to agree with this. I felt Tom Taylor was equally guilty as Slade of kicking the ball away - he put numerous aimless kicks in from fullback. Though I don't rate Dagg I felt the Crusaders really missed him - at least when he kicks the ball from fullback he either gets serious distance or puts up contestable bombs. Taylor's kicks were just completely aimless.....

Last week Slade's K/P/R line was 7/21/15 this week it was 10/16/6. So Slade kicked more this week than last week even though this week the Sharks had a man sent off so it made even less sense to kick! Another problem was Dagg vs Taylor. Dagg last week had a 11/12/18 line this week Taylor put up a 14/3/13 line - I can't once remember him running the ball back at the Sharks from a kick and thus he made it very predictable for them. Crotty and Lee-lo were also far less effective in midfield compared to last week.

The thing is people are going on about how well the Sharks played but they really didn't. They showed hearty defence, guts, good goal kicking and good opportunism. The rest of what they offered was crap. Dominated in possession and territory, numerous aimless kicks, conceded 16 turnovers and not to mention a shocking discipline by giving away 15 penalties - two of which required further sanction. They were crap. The Crusaders were worse. I feel the punishment will come in the playoffs if the Crusaders have to make a trip to Durban.

IMO its bullcrap to even attempt to blame Slade for that performance. No doubt in my mind thats how this side is being coached they have got to be getting it drilled into them to play like that.

IMO its bullcrap to even attempt to blame Slade for that performance. No doubt in my mind thats how this side is being coached they have got to be getting it drilled into them to play like that.

No-one is saying it's all Slade's fault. However there is no doubt his poor performance contributed to the Crusaders loss....

So can I call it or not??

Credit it where it's due. But seriously... something about these Sharks that just seems to turn every match into the Rugby equivalent of a 0-0 soccer match ending in a penalty shoot-out. Every game with them is like pulling teeth. F@#$ing most negative footy in the comp.

Latest posts