• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] South Africa vs. Argentina in Soweto (17/08/2013)

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ?!!!!!!!!!! 66-6, just came on, HOW THE FK DID THIS HAPPEN ?!!!!

pleeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase someone explain to me:
- how were the scrums ?
- Argie backs ? terrible ?!
- Argentina defense sucked badly, or Springboks were unbelievable ??

WHAT HAPPENED ?!!

EDIT: PLEAAAAASE SOMEONE EXPLAAAAAIN !!!

Last edited:
73-13 the final score. Argentina bad or South Africa good? Either way, 73 points against any team is a good result.

Mother of god...

Worst defeat in history vs SA

Counting tests vs France & Ireland, third consecutive match with "defensive diarrhea". Our "dear" Tati Phelan will just get us kicked out of this tournament if this continues...

Mother of god...

Worst defeat in history vs SA

Counting tests vs France & Ireland, third consecutive match with "defensive diarrhea". Our "dear" Tati Phelan will just get us kicked out of this tournament if this continues...

I feel for you man, Pumas will come back strong the next test for sure...
I'm just really lost for ideas about just how this went sooooo wrong...that's one match I really needed to watch live. It'll suck now watching highlights..

I feel for you man, Pumas will come back strong the next test for sure...
I'm just really lost for ideas about just how this went sooooo wrong...that's one match I really needed to watch live. It'll suck now watching highlights..

Well it cant get worse for Argentina after that

I didnt even watch the whole thing, got too bored of the one sidedness and those flaming Vuvuzelas and turned off

Last edited:
What an awful game to watch, Vuvuzuelas, massive blowout. Who were these imposters in the Puma's gear? Was that actually Uruguay out there?

pleeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase someone explain to me:
- how were the scrums ?
- Argie backs ? terrible ?!
- Argentina defense sucked badly, or Springboks were unbelievable ??

WHAT HAPPENED ?!!

EDIT: PLEAAAAASE SOMEONE EXPLAAAAAIN !!!

It's not that complicated to understand, Argentina don't have their best forwards last year, they did a great job on defense in the first Rugby Championship, they don't have the top 3.

Rodrigo Roncero (prop): He's retired
Patricio Albacete (lock): Injured
Fernandez Lobbe (flanker): Injured

They don't have the same level forwards to replace them, that's why Pumas Scrum suffered both tests against England in last june and suffered so much today against Boks forwards.

Regards

Last edited:
The cards, and the lack of heart and direction in the 2nd half was what blew the game completely open though, along with the weakest penalty try I've ever seen(who gives both a card and a penalty try in that situation?). Argentina need to seriously regroup for next week, I can't see them not responding to some degree but it still might be about damge control.

What an awful game to watch, Vuvuzuelas, massive blowout. Who were these imposters in the Puma's gear? Was that actually Uruguay out there?

These Pumas could beat Canada without problems. I would like to see Canada against Boks in Johannesburg...

Regards

What the hell are you on about?

I say, any team that isn't top 5, can receive more than 50 points against Boks in Johannesburg, for example: Canada.

It's a comment concerning Boks, this thread is about Boks.

Regards

Last edited:
I say, any team that isn't top 5, can receive more than 50 points against Boks in Johannesburg, for example: Canada.

It's a comment concerning Boks, this thread talks about Boks.

Regards
Sure, but I have no clue what Canada has to do with this.

Sure, but I have no clue what Canada has to do with this.

Because "Little Guy" made a joke saying that Argentina is Uruguay, he's Canadian, Canada is no better than Argentina as to mock that.

Regards

Because "Little Guy" made a joke saying that Argentina is Uruguay, he's Canadian, Canada is no better than Argentina as to mock that.

Regards

Canada are a tier 2 team who are recognised as maybe having a better future but nothing certain. Argentina are a tier 1 team regarded by some as being serious contenders. That sort of thrashing is what you'd expect from Uruguay, not Argentina. The fact he comes from Canada doesn't change the fact that that was an appauling performance by Argentina.

Canada are a tier 2 team who are recognised as maybe having a better future but nothing certain. Argentina are a tier 1 team regarded by some as being serious contenders. That sort of thrashing is what you'd expect from Uruguay, not Argentina. The fact he comes from Canada doesn't change the fact that that was an appauling performance by Argentina.

Ok, I already told what happened in my opinion: "Argentina don't have their best forwards last year and they don't have good replacements". In a situation like that against a tough team, the result seems logical.

People who have played the game know that when lose 3 good forwards and you don't have good replacements, these misfortunes happen. If you lose: "The battle of the forwards", the game is lost and there is nothing to do.

Regards

I stopped watching as the noise was just ridiculous......if ever they get traction, I will stop going to rugby..........................!!

I thought SARU had already banned them in 2010, I was absoutely shocked to hear them as the game started and after about 20 minutes had to mute the broadcast. I gave up watching entirely at around the 65 minute mark, partly due to that but mostly due to the scoreline.

Ok, I already told what happened in my opinion: "Argentina don't have their best forwards last year and they don't have good replacements". In a situation like that against a tough team, the result seems logical.

People who have played the game know that when lose 3 good forwards and you don't have good replacements, these misfortunes happen. If you lose: "The battle of the forwards", the game is lost and there is nothing to do.

Regards

In the paraphrased words of William the Silent..."just because one is not succesful it does not mean that one should not...carry on." The Pumas gave up, many of the Bok tries were complete walk overs, it was approaching MTN Lions vs. Samoa ghost defence levels. I don't entirely blame them and it happens to the best of teams at time. Playing with 14 men for crucial periods, losing Albacate and Steyn bringing his kicking boots all piled on to the scoreline.

I stopped watching as the noise was just ridiculous......if ever they get traction, I will stop going to rugby..........................!!

I have understood that it's a tradition to supporters of South African Football. Supporters of South African Rugby don't use vuvuzelas. Apparently there are more football supporters in Johannesburg that rugby supporters, although that is something that can respond better a South African.

Regards

Last edited:

Latest posts