• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 TRC] South Africa vs Argentina

We've milked two of those penalties at key moments. The boys are growing up!

Finally for the Pumas!

Edit: shame the conversion was missed.

Why did they kick?!

Had numbers and then kicked so it was a straight footrace vs the fastest man on the pitch

You had them on the ropes. Crazy. Rugby pretty much never goes against script though so oh well.
That's precisely what made it so infuriating! Just lacked a bit more patience. We still had 15/20 mins. Absolutely NOT the time to throw everything but the sink at them given the score.

As a team you need ONE guy who can read the game and decide when it's the right time to go for a quick kill and when you need to wait and let the opponent bleed to death.
I like how Malia reads the game but something clearly gets lost in the chain or something.

Eh **** they could have had that. **** I hate rugby sometimes.

Saffas were shithouse but they still win.

After all those missed kicks to lose by 1 point has got to hurt.

Much better performance from Argentina
The loss will sting, especially with the missed kicks, but it's much more promising form to carry into the RWC

I still question the 10/12/13 makeup, though

We deserved to lose that one. Won because of an opportunistic try and tons of missed kicks by the Pumas.

I still question the 10/12/13 makeup, though

I think 12/13 are fair calls. 10 i have my doubts. Malia is relatively young and has (imo) very, very good instincts. He lacks experience and (this one is tricky) i get the feeling he is not particularly good at imposing his will as a leader of sorts.
If i could add something to the pumas it'd be a powerful 12 who could break the line or threat to do so. We got a plethora of decent wingers but our 12/13 combo doesnt really help em shine.
Dont get me wrong, i am incredibly grateful to oralndo/moroni/de la fuente, but we need a bigger guy there, part at 12. Hopefully chocobares can do that job for us.

I think 12/13 are fair calls
Yeah, they played well today tbf - I think it's just my prem bias :p I view Cinti as a winger and think Orlando and Moroni are brilliant
Also seen Carreras have a number of poor performances at 10 for Gloucester, but then play very well at 15

Cheika obviously knows what he's doing though as they've looked better each game this series

Glad to see that Argentina 15 has been cited. Totally reckless aerial challenge on Williams. Turning the hip as well. Awful to see. The onus is on the challenger to ensure he doesn't endanger anyone. Stander literally ended Lambie's career and got away scot free. We'll see if there has been any progress ITO player welfare being any sort of WR priority but honestly, nothing would surprise me at this stage.

Latest posts