• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa v Ireland - 13 July 2024

Fabulous win from Ireland and the usual salty reaction from the bully squad.

They didn't make enough of their physical dominance - a smash and grab from Ireland with 1997 vibes, incredible match.

Two proper sides these, I tip my hat.

We're the Rocky of international rugby. We're going the distance.

Hahaha the look on Ox's face.

Ah, shucks. What a match. Only one try in it but spellbinding to the bitter end. Thought we did enough but two clutch kicks in the end for z Ireland is the difference. Well played and long may this incredible rivalry grow.

That's capped off a season with a positive and fair play. Proof, if it was needed, that we're staying at the top table. Winning in SA with a less than perfect performance and shocking discipline shows class and guts.

Now, in the words of Neil Warnock, the lads need to "Get ******, take your missus out - shag her ont car seat anything you want"

Only saw 15 mins on a phone screen on a beach because I got a flat tire, but I am delighted. From the bit I saw we played well with good intent albeit very inaccurately. That will be huge for the belief of this squad. The narrative was already shifting towards us not being a top team (looking at you Warburton), but there's the answer.

Two good tests between heavyweights of the game. We can leave it at that.

Congratulations Ireland. At the end of a long season felt like it was starting to drift away from you in the second half. JGP has been such an influential player I thought with him out the series was gone with Hugo Keenan out for the Olympics too. Bravo.

How can Leinster downgrade from Frawley to Barrett next December. Frawley might have just made that decision look a bit meh.

Superb win and to be fair Andy Farrell got every call spot on.
Osborne was very good this series I thought. If I were Leinster I think I may be using him there more than centre next season

Latest posts