• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 TRC] New Zealand vs South Africa

I don't want to see Willemse at 10 again. He is not a flyhalf. Stop forcing it.
Yeah I was looking at that guy and was like... Man he's pretty big, haven't seen him run the ball yet. Think we saw him run twice and just goosey a little bit..

My big concern is outside of that 30 minutes where we looked like we used to in whatever year that was... 2015...? It was the same no direction, no structure, relying on individual brilliance as we have done since 2015. Where are the set plays with our talented backs?

Bugger for some reason thought this game was in SA, but still caught the last 35mins or so. Will have to catch the highlights later.

Faf? Looked like something went in his knee
Believe he took a knee for the back of his knee. Likely a bruise. It's too bad Rugby is so antiquated.

We have doctors providing live injury news for NFL games. You know the prognosis before the players.

There are some positives from it, and I think our bench were a lot better than quite a few of our starters. Will post a longer view later today, but we lost the game in the first 15 minutes (17-0 down). Need to pitch up for a full 80 to get the win in NZ

SA were truly appalling there. They made a mediocre NZ side look like world beaters. That first 30 minutes was embarrassing. ABs were good, but let's be honest, they wouldn't have troubled France or Ireland. The Boks looked lethargic and unfit in the first half. When SA woke up it was a 50-50 game.

SA were truly appalling there. They made a mediocre NZ side look like world beaters. That first 30 minutes was embarrassing. ABs were good, but let's be honest, they wouldn't have troubled France or Ireland. The Boks looked lethargic and unfit in the first half. When SA woke up it was a 50-50 game.
Good summary.

What? You thought France played at their top level in the second half?
Their top level was v England, that was the only time they have ever been that good (like Ireland in the 1st half of the third test v NZ), so to answer your question, no.

Do I think the level dropped below top class international rugby? Absolutely not, the pace of the game changed with fatigue but the accuracy and intensity was still immense.

Their top level was v England, that was the only time they have ever been that good (like Ireland in the 1st half of the third test v NZ), so to answer your question, no.
Lol, England were shite.
Do I think the level dropped below top class international rugby? Absolutely not, the pace of the game changed with fatigue but the accuracy and intensity was still immense.
I thought second half France dropped in their intensity. Ireland kept up theirs.

Outplayed pure and simple. Abs were clinical AF. Start our bench. We are screwed without Pollard. Just God damn start Marx. I will take 80 minutes Marx vs 40 with Ninja Turtle. Mostert is not a loose forward. No panic stations yet, but abs are on the up that's for sure.

Marx must start. Said this a billion times. Marx for 80, is better than Bongi for 40. RG must start. Mapimpi out for KLA. Grant Williams to start also. Van Staden in. Or similar. Mostert is not and never will be a loose forward. We need to identify the best 15 and stick to it.

Marx must start. Said this a billion times. Marx for 80, is better than Bongi for 40. RG must start. Mapimpi out for KLA. Grant Williams to start also. Van Staden in. Or similar. Mostert is not and never will be a loose forward. We need to identify the best 15 and stick to it.
Agree. South Africa are handicapping themselves by not starting Marx.

Latest posts