• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 TRC] New Zealand vs South Africa

There's a massive difference between being good by super rugby standards and being good by international standards, especially against the boks.

The coaches will be hoping for an Aerial raid to see where these two are at, no doubt. Jordan has never been great defensively under the high ball, even at super, although he has been improving . Remember he did get dropped in 2021 after performing poorly under the high ball against the boks. Telea I Think has been reasonably good at super, but you don't really get tested at super so there is an unknown for him.

Im certainly hoping they do well so they can continue to be selected.
The Bok high balls basically ended George Bridge's career if I remember correctly.

Slugfest here, boks to play 10 man till 22 out, all blacks trying to run the big guys out of puff.
Could be a mistake ridden game or a classic.
Hard to tell slightly favour ABs but wouldn't be surprised at any result.

The Bok high balls basically ended George Bridge's career if I remember correctly.
nah, bridge is actually ok under the high ball...it was his inability to beat his man...or score a try...or run fast that ended his career

nah, bridge is actually ok under the high ball...it was his inability to beat his man...or score a try...or run fast that ended his career
Actually I think that game was a big factor. Because he was considered good under the high ball and good under pressure, as a great all round player, and then in that game he failed on both those counts it showed that he was not such a great All round player. If he didn't have the advantage of being a great all round player then you might as well go with players with more X factor

Etzebeth is playing. If that's the way he intends to honor his father then good on him. Very excited for this match. I see the bookies have NZ as relatively firm favourites. I have them as 3 or 4 point favourites but am quietly confident.

Etzebeth is playing. If that's the way he intends to honor his father then good on him. Very excited for this match. I see the bookies have NZ as relatively firm favourites. I have them as 3 or 4 point favourites but am quietly confident.
NZ shouldn't be favourites IMO. If it was at Eden Park I get it because of the record but I think it's a 50-50 game. I would have it as a dead-heat. The only thing is that the Boks don't always perform when there's a bit of expectation on them v the ABs. Joburg last year being the classic example. SA prefer the "underdogs" tag.

NZ shouldn't be favourites IMO. If it was at Eden Park I get it because of the record but I think it's a 50-50 game. I would have it as a dead-heat. The only thing is that the Boks don't always perform when there's a bit of expectation on them v the ABs. Joburg last year being the classic example. SA prefer the "underdogs" tag.
We certainly do perform better without the favorites tag. I think most teams do but us especially. That's what sets the Carter-McCaw era ABs apart in my mind. The mental fortitude to just keep on turning up. So I believe Nienaber will welcome the bookies' label and even a loss here will be good in terms of the bigger picture but I'd prefer to see us step up if possible. Looking forward to a good one either way.

Glad we have proper jackets today instead of generic grey Nike hoodies today.

Second offside by Malherbe at the quick ruck in a couple of minutes,
ABs definitely targeting the big forwards with their speed knowing they can't get back fast enough

We have been absolutely terrible. Unable to compete in the air, slipped tackles or not fronting up properly in the tackle. No possession to speak of. Springboks need to wake up fast.

Difference between a team that has already played first one that players are playing their first game in like 2 months for some

Ball still rotating? Thought SA had advantage for ABs knocking it on tho...

Latest posts