• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri Nations: Springboks - Wallabies @ Kings Park, Durban (13-08-2011, 16:00 GMT)

Yea there was one to the front that was very crooked.

Anyway, that game was scrappy but any tight game will be great experience so close to the world cup. Glad Australia could close out a close one for once. Faingaa was pivotal towards the end, i want him starting in the Bledisloe!

I must admit the difference in gamespeed between this and the Wales/England game is insane. In saying that, i feel as if i've seen more Knock on's in the past 22 mins than I did for the full 80 with the Welsh match. Yes theres more risk with the SH sides, but its just as error ridden :p :p

Mate it was raining cats and dog down there!

the game would have been a LOT more better if not for the poor refereeing... The Springboks scored a try, even if it wasn't given ...that ball went from Coopers hands into his head (imho)...

I noticed that the TMO was from SA and I must say I've noticed a syndrome TMO's have if the country they're from is playing... They are very critic against the said team so they won't be later judged upon their decision

the game would have been a LOT more better if not for the poor refereeing... The Springboks scored a try, even if it wasn't given ...that ball went from Coopers hands into his head (imho)...

I noticed that the TMO was from SA and I must say I've noticed a syndrome TMO's have if the country they're from is playing... They are very critic against the said team so they won't be later judged upon their decision

i thought that was not a try

Not a try also for me.

I think JF touched the ball forward with his wrist, SA tv speakers said that too.

Very impressed with Bismark and Bakkies, but Spies topped everyone on forward attack.

SA will be there or thereabouts, doing their usual thing without using any of the talent out wide. Frans Steyn out for the RWC?

Lineout looked in top form - apart from that crooked throw to the front: why can't the opposition ever figure it out? Only problem was lack of power in the scrum - something to do with the weird CPE delay from the ref?

I like the Aus side, but it's all down to Cooper. Can't see them winning with someone so flakey.

Like most of yous I thought that Bismark, Bakkies played well. I also thought Habana played well. The 'Boks just need a few more games under their belt, maybe match fitness was lacking. Very good to see a full strength Springbok side though and I can only imagine them getting better.

Wallabies were the better attacking team and they wouldve been gutted not to convert some of their good work into points. I thought Genia, McCabe, Anthony Faingaa played well and so did their entire forward pack.

Good game both teams, just a few errors was the only bad.

Spies really proved how damaging he can be, I think Genia still has an imprint of his palm on his chest.

Certainly not the most exciting game from a neutrals perspective. I felt the lack of game time many of the Boks have had showed; they must have blown 3-4 good chances to score. I'm sure Australia will be happy to take the win though, given how difficult it is to win in South Africa.

Some of the returning Boks players certainly made a big impact. I thought Spies had his best game for South Africa for years, breaking the line almost at will with the ball in hand. He did slip off a few tackles though. Botha and Matfield looked good in the second row, and Bismark du Plessis made a big impact when he came on. Fourie du Preez looked good in patches, though did make a few mistakes - I don't think it will be long before he is back to his best.

The Aussies forward pack did pretty well; they even pushed the Boks back in a couple of scrums later in the match (though I think this was after Smit went to prop). Quade Cooper was pretty well contained by South Africa. McCabe was solid again (particularly on defence), but Anthony Faingaa did make a big impact when he came on - I wonder whether he did enough to get the start in the 12 jersey v NZ. I thought James O'Connor had one of his worst international games since his debut season (when he had couple of shockers vs the AB's), he made a number of errors with ball in hand, and missed quite a few tackles on defence. I'm sure he will bounce back though as he is a freakishly talented player.

Missed out on watching this thanks to everyone else watching the premier league <_<. Looks like I didn't miss that much though based on the highlights.

That's the second week in a row Coopers almost given away a try to the opposition centre in the ingoal! Also F. Steyn, what on earth going on there...

good to see the wallabies show some pills for a change, it wasn't the grandest performance but there were good signs. rocky finally put some value on his position. again, there's heaps of room for improvment, far from the perfect game, but the obvious appears to have sunk in, use the forwards to build momentum then get it out to the backs.

i was impressed by bismark du plessis and spies. they are both man mountains, i wouldn't want to mess with them and they used their size and ability well last night.

Positives:
- scrum
- defence
- break down
- anthony faingaa's impact off the bench
- closed out a tight win in South Africa
- Rocky Elsom (silenced the critics with a man of the match performance imo)

Negatives:
- Cooper's inconsistency at Test level continues
- handling (it was wet)
- infringements (gave away silly penalties that the South Africans were able to convert into points)
- Higginbotham (didn't live up to the hype imo)

If he is constantly inconsistent, doesn't that make him consitent? ;)

i dunno Wally, I think higginbotham did a decent job. he was miles ahead of mccallman's effort last week and simmons too, although samo was good.
hope deans starts samo against the all blacks and higginbotham off the bench. we need samo to make an impact against the all black back row.

Latest posts