• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership 24/25 - Round 6

Haha! I started cycling out England players ready for this weekend a couple of weekends ago… You've got to think a few weekends ahead… Just like chess! 😂

Indeed! I've got a decent XV out, but no scope for any last-minute withdrawals (and a last-minute call-up would have scuppered my plans too.)

I can currently cope with one injury, at hooker...

If you mean the one quoted above - then you mean shifting 1 premiership match from the AI window into the 6N window, I'm not sure that counts as "acceptable". I guess that depends on what problem you're trying to solve? I thought it was avoiding Prem and International (+training) clashes - not purely clashes in October/November.

You'll notice that the PRC is already being played during both the AI and 6N windows
Yes, so also do this at 6N time.
My actual idea would be to create 1 'international season' in Sept & October, where RWC, Lions etc would be scheduled over 7-8 weeks.
During this time, the domestic game would play a development competition using it like a trial match for fringe players and bedding in new combinations. Think NFL pre-season.
18 weeks of Premiership November to February, play offs March.
European played in one block of 8 weeks in April and May.
6N in June and July, with August off.
Possibly more needed on true number of weeks, and the 6N would gave to agree, but nice flow to season.

Would doing all the champions cup in 1 block give teams (and fans) enough time to book travel? Specifically for the knock out rounds

Indeed! I've got a decent XV out, but no scope for any last-minute withdrawals (and a last-minute call-up would have scuppered my plans too.)

I can currently cope with one injury, at hooker...
That's how I've played my whole season, my back ups mostly are the cheapest of the cheap.

But I've not done badly so far(bar last weekend when Chiefs screwed me haha)

Glad I'm caring little about this game at the moment as we have no chance against this strong Bristol team

I think that's a try but there's no angle that shows it on the ground/over the line so fair call

Yes, so also do this at 6N time
So, presumably, you're finding the extra 2 week by killing the rest weeks during the 6N?
You're also planning on reorganising the entire rugby calendar of every nation, but, for the purposes of this conversation (granted, there's absolutely a bigger conversation to be had) to suit the fans of English clubs who don't like losing their England players for 2-3 matches a year that clash with international training camps - most of whom dislike it because they believed false information about "no more clashes" without realising that 8&9 are bigger numbers than 6.

TBH, the moment you're relying on other nations to bend over backwards for the benefit of English domestic fans, it's failed the "acceptable" bit.

On the greater conversation, I disagree with your proposal significantly, and on a number of points. But this isn't the thread for that conversation.

Last edited:
This game is mad, neither side defending much...unless it's on their goal line in which case it's been heroic

Nill points pour Saints.
If Bath and Exeter can both grab home wins, there'll be real daylight between top4 and the rest

A more entertaining match than I expected. Some decent play from us but Bristol were always going to win it.