• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership 24/25 - Round 2

As bad as the officials were Tigers only have themselves to blame after that second half showing.

Missed opportunity.

Had a great day out but another poor performance by Chiefs. However, the fight back was on when the bench came on and the Saints fans around us were nervous for the last 5 minutes. The charge down try killed us really. I expect Baxter is going to unpack the hair dryer again on Monday.

Maunders time is over. I think I've seen enough of Hawkins.

Saints play brilliant rugby and it's slightly easier to take when it is England stars doing so well. On that, when is Augustus eligible? 🤪
I feel bad for Hawkins, young talented international 12 for Wales who hose to come to Chiefs losing his place in the wales team yet has never really nailed down is place, and now I'm thinking I'd have Rigg start at 12 over him.

We need Slade in that back line though to lead the defence and bring some experience.

I feel bad for Hawkins, young talented international 12 for Wales who hose to come to Chiefs losing his place in the wales team yet has never really nailed down is place, and now I'm thinking I'd have Rigg start at 12 over him.

We need Slade in that back line though to lead the defence and bring some experience.
Don't Exeter have this super young giant at 12 that Gatland is trying to poach for Wales?

Never watched much of Pepper before, but he looks very good.

It's a hard list to get England recognition though. Any other country got so many good open sides?

Underhill
Earl
Curry T
Curry B
Pearson
Pepper
W Evans

Not saying that's the correct order, just how I thought of the players. Imagine that quality at prop!

I feel that most countries have good openside depth
It's one of those positions that tends to have the most skillful players or hardest players who don't need the height

Ok im biased and hate that hes left us so soon...but i think Pepper is the best of the lot. Huge statement i know...but he simply can do it all. Attack, defence, insane engine...intellingence

The only thing that might hinder him is his injury stats. Hes already had a few long terms absences, But if thats sorted he can be a very special talent indeed.

And he did all this in possibly the worst premiership team in history!

Last edited:
Wimbush. He's broken. We have a centre issue hence Woodburn starting at 13 for the first time yesterday. Oh well, just Sarries away next week.
Heard any news on Hammersley? Was he broken or just concussed? Any injury updates of the rest of the player? I've not seen anything.

I still can't believe Wimbush is even close to an international conversation, and playing in the same team as Hawkins who isn't allowed to play.

Latest posts