• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership 24/25 - Round 6

Haha! I started cycling out England players ready for this weekend a couple of weekends ago… You've got to think a few weekends ahead… Just like chess! 😂

Indeed! I've got a decent XV out, but no scope for any last-minute withdrawals (and a last-minute call-up would have scuppered my plans too.)

I can currently cope with one injury, at hooker...

If you mean the one quoted above - then you mean shifting 1 premiership match from the AI window into the 6N window, I'm not sure that counts as "acceptable". I guess that depends on what problem you're trying to solve? I thought it was avoiding Prem and International (+training) clashes - not purely clashes in October/November.

You'll notice that the PRC is already being played during both the AI and 6N windows
Yes, so also do this at 6N time.
My actual idea would be to create 1 'international season' in Sept & October, where RWC, Lions etc would be scheduled over 7-8 weeks.
During this time, the domestic game would play a development competition using it like a trial match for fringe players and bedding in new combinations. Think NFL pre-season.
18 weeks of Premiership November to February, play offs March.
European played in one block of 8 weeks in April and May.
6N in June and July, with August off.
Possibly more needed on true number of weeks, and the 6N would gave to agree, but nice flow to season.

Would doing all the champions cup in 1 block give teams (and fans) enough time to book travel? Specifically for the knock out rounds

Indeed! I've got a decent XV out, but no scope for any last-minute withdrawals (and a last-minute call-up would have scuppered my plans too.)

I can currently cope with one injury, at hooker...
That's how I've played my whole season, my back ups mostly are the cheapest of the cheap.

But I've not done badly so far(bar last weekend when Chiefs screwed me haha)