• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership 24/25 - Round 6

Would doing all the champions cup in 1 block give teams (and fans) enough time to book travel? Specifically for the knock out rounds
But if the knockouts were set by a draw, then the next match could be planned.
Also, it works for NFL. They are world leaders in making the money from an event.

So, presumably, you're finding the extra 2 week by killing the rest weeks during the 6N?
You're also planning on reorganising the entire rugby calendar of every nation, but, for the purposes of this conversation (granted, there's absolutely a bigger conversation to be had) to suit the fans of English clubs who don't like losing their England players for 2-3 matches a year that clash with international training camps - most of whom dislike it because they believed false information about "no more clashes" without realising that 8&9 are bigger numbers than 6.

TBH, the moment you're relying on other nations to bend over backwards for the benefit of English domestic fans, it's failed the "acceptable" bit.

On the greater conversation, I disagree with your proposal significantly, and on a number of points. But this isn't the thread for that conversation.
Why not!!
The game had to realise that to live it needs new participants and supporters.
Currently it is set in the old days and it is dying a sad lonely death.

Is that a lift or a roll?
Not safe and controlled, but...

Okay, can't argue with any of that explanation, or conclusion.
Goes down as "harsh but fair" to me. Could have been mitigated down, but no particular need to.

That deserves to be a try, but I'm not convinced that it is.

Nope, he's done brilliantly to keep his feet in there

Ouch. Neither of those is properly legal - though first manages not avoid head contact, so no harm done on that one

This should be a red card, drove his head into the ground
Plenty of mitigation there, much as I hate to say it about a Barfer. Ref called it a tackle too, wasn't it a clear out?

Crazy that's even a penalty given some of the things ignored so far this season... but I think Butt has a duty of care there so yellow for me.

Plenty of mitigation there, much as I hate to say it about a Barfer.

Crazy that's even a penalty given some of the things ignored so far this season... but I think Butt has a duty of care there so yellow for me.
It's the driving into the ground that tipped the scale for me - the tip itself was largely due to the player on the floor, but then he actively drove him down
Could argue he didn't realise how far he'd tipped and thought he would be driven onto his back, but things like that are usually reffed on outcome

I don't think it's a dirty act by Butt or anything, just unfortunate in a mess of bodies

Is that a "Sale lose 2 players for 1"?
No, that's just if scrums go uncontested, so just lose the 1

Latest posts