• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership 24/25 - Round 6

Barely competitive in any aspect in the last two weeks, don't know what's changed - only really SiMac and Asher that can come out of it with their heads held high
We've got injuries and absentees but so have everyone else, and no one else has nose dived so dramatically
Not like we're putting out proper bin juice sides, these players and most of these combos have played together tons in the past and put in huge performances

Barely competitive in any aspect in the last two weeks
Sale look much improved this week, but obviously that wouldn't be a difficult thing. Not sure what's going on? Great coach, good standard of players with enough depth. Just seem to be struggling to impose their usual identity on matches?

Be interesting to see what happens during the cup/break and how you guys return to the league.

If Chessum was being looked at as a backrower then get Willis called up as his replacement - he's easily the best option at 8 we have, it's mad he's not in the EPS
100% agree. He just seems to get better and better.

I've said this before, but he reminds me of Duane Vermeulen. I think he would be perfect for yet rugby. Mental he can't even make the squad.

I've said this before, but he reminds me of Duane Vermeulen. I think he would be perfect for yet rugby. Mental he can't even make the squad.
But a faster version.
Exactly the sort of 8 that would enable Earl to play with more freedom, further out, where his power is more valuable against backs and his footwork will get him past other forwards.
Willis has more pace than Dombrandt and CCS but as powerful, again allowing Underhill to be the destroyer in defence. Add in Itoje as a spoiler in defence, there is a nice blend.

Couldn't agree more.

Every time I watch him I have to have a double take to make sure I'm not watching Ben Morgan. Maybe SB is similarly confused.

But a faster version.
Exactly the sort of 8 that would enable Earl to play with more freedom, further out, where his power is more valuable against backs and his footwork will get him past other forwards.
Willis has more pace than Dombrandt and CCS but as powerful, again allowing Underhill to be the destroyer in defence. Add in Itoje as a spoiler in defence, there is a nice blend.
Faster than Vermeulen?
Prime Duane was fast

You are making Willis seem like he's Spies quick which isn't the case. Dombrandt top level speed is faster.

But imo Duane is a great example of Willis potential top level and for me is by miles our most complete looking 8 in the league

Just catching up on the Sarries vs Leicester game, why was Carly so bemused by Tompkins for the knock on they clearly missed it and he called it in real time, looked to be making them aware didn't seem to be having a huge go or anything.

Hoping Slade has a good game, also really looking forward to seeing Rigg/Slade in the centres. I do rate Rigg.

Didn't realise Green was fit for Quins again, good to see but not for us.

Soo 11 min and we've had 2 attacks where we lost the ball forward and gave a pen. Going well.

What the actual **** are we doing, I can accept a 1 on 1 letting someone through? But damn this is a defensive line just blatantly all going 'your man' it seems, I'd be laughing if I wernt a Chiefs fan.

He really should've finished that
Like it was a great tackle from Green but he should've dived after that missed tackle on the touchline

Latest posts