• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland - England @ New Landsdowne Road, Dublin (27-08-2011, 14:30 GMT)

Who'll win?

• Ireland to find form

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • England to break the duck

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Help yourself to Hape, if you want him :)

Manu Tuilagi - 100% win rate, 1.0 try:game ratio :D

Haha no he's one south sea islander you can keep! Manu is definitely settling into international rugby with great ease. I'd love to see him up against Nonu.

David wallace officially out of the RWC, absolutely gutted for the man an Irish rugby legend. Jennings will probably be called up as a replacement, which frankly doesn't fill me with much confidence, has never really shone in an Ireland jersey, would have liked to see O'Connor getting a try out in an Ireland jersey over the last few years would have given us another viable option at 7.

Here's the tackle that did it, not high/shoulder barge, just unfortunate that his leg was planted and Tuilagi hit him so hard so all the force went through his knee
tumblr_lqljioNujh1qirv6to1_500.jpg

Well Wallace has never been known as a fetcher. Just have Ferris at 6, O'Brien at 7 and Heaslip at 8. That's a strong back row capable of holding up opponents to turn over ball. That seems to be the way we turn over ball recently.

Also even if Tuialgi didn't quite get his arms around wallace who does when its a tackle to touch and a danger of someone beating getting past?

That game has definitely made me realise how much we sometimes miss an out and out 7. Fourie was incredibly strong, destructive even for his short time.

Also even if Tuialgi didn't quite get his arms around wallace who does when its a tackle to touch and a danger of someone beating getting past?
Will post about the game later or tomorrow but the tackle was dangerous. He did not wrap the arms which makes it a shoulder charge. That adds the power which probably caused the injury. He did the exact same thing later on on Ireland left wing. Dissapointing to see that kinda play applauded.

His left arm is clearly wrapped around Wallace though, and his right arm's on the way :huh:

Will post about the game later or tomorrow but the tackle was dangerous. He did not wrap the arms which makes it a shoulder charge. That adds the power which probably caused the injury. He did the exact same thing later on on Ireland left wing. Dissapointing to see that kinda play applauded.

Tuilagi can be reckless but i completely disagree in this circumstance. have you not seen the image olyy posted? his arms were around him at this point but because he was at a stretch to tackle him into touch theres no way he was going to be hold onto him. he can be a dangerous player i agree and there was one particular tackle i remember that was bad but i personally don't think this one was. don't be sour.

Last edited:
His left arm is clearly wrapped around Wallace though, and his right arm's on the way :huh:

Agree; thought it was a perfect tackle. Just unfortunately Wallace got injured.

don't be sour.
Christ, I've just watched it again, he didnt actually wrap either arm. And i'm being called sour? Bizarre.

Just to clarify, this is not about the loss, I thought England were by far the better team. This is about a dangerous tackle which has pretty much ended David Wallaces international career. Its not as if Tuilagi (who is only young i know) hasnt quite a bit of previous. Hes done thin plenty of times.

logorrhea, look at the picture olyy posted. have you gt 'referees and pacific islanders syndrome'???

I'm going with the line Kidney is the greatest coach ever. As obviously Ireland are running the biggest con ever. They're losing to push the betting odds up so they can make a killing.

We only had two proper carriers if we'd kept Wallace and Heaslip think it would have been better. Wallace ecspecially was starting to get in the groove. The main problem is intensity if we fix this we should be a different team at the W.C. PO'C is the only player who played with any.

RWC 2011 makes for good stress therapy. Was really ****** off afterwards so played a friend and won with Ireland against England 111-0. Now thats a realistic score.

I only watched the first 5 minuets (still got to see sherry sit down ferris :D)

i have two questions thou

1.How did Haskell play
2.How did the english scrum go someone said to me that sheridan didnt scrumage well

Haskell looked energetic - didn't seem to tire, was always rushing up to make the hit etc. - didn't see him give away as many penalties as he sometimes can, but he didn't make as many carries/breaks as he sometimes does
He did knock on at the base of a scrum as well (luckily England won a penalty at Irelands scrum after though!)

Scrum was okay - pretty even, some pens going Englands way, some Irelands - the majority of scrums went through to the end, I think - Sheridan was better in the scrum than he often is, I felt - Considering he was up against Ross he wasn't getting completely dominated like he could've been

Haskell played ok. No real standout moments for me. Struggled a bit when the scrum was going backwards. Kind of answers ur second question, the scrum was pretty even, although england got some dominance later on.

I'm going with the line Kidney is the greatest coach ever. As obviously Ireland are running the biggest con ever. They're losing to push the betting odds up so they can make a killing.

We only had two proper carriers if we'd kept Wallace and Heaslip think it would have been better. Wallace ecspecially was starting to get in the groove. The main problem is intensity if we fix this we should be a different team at the W.C. PO'C is the only player who played with any.

RWC 2011 makes for good stress therapy. Was really ****** off afterwards so played a friend and won with Ireland against England 111-0. Now thats a realistic score.

I also went and beat england, only 4 tries to 2 though :p

Ireland will do well to get out of their group at this stage. At this stage I will take us being destroyed by Aus, narrowly beating Italy and being knocked out by SA in the quarters... That looks like the best we can do by the way we're playing at the moment.

the ammount of times ireland threw terrible passes onto the ground was un believable so frustrating to watch in the stadium. that first try was plain old stupid from earles but i think he came back with a vengance not that it made any difference

Earls was awful for 80 minutes. Kidney has a lot to loyalty for some players Tomas O'Leary was an example it wasn't until he was*regularly*losing matches for Ireland that he was finally dropped, Earls is another example he's been awful for all the warm up matches and Kidney didn't give McFadden who is a much better centre and IMO, winger and there is almost no chance McFadden will play in one of the more important in the world cup while Earls is liable to give away tries as we saw today.

Latest posts