• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: England - France (08-10-2011, 20:30)

I finally was able to watch the match and I must say that was a great win for the French. They played well through that first half, England came back and played some great rugby in the second half, but it was too late. I didn't like the Yachvili substitution, I thought Parra should have come off for Trinh-Duc, but the latter played very well once he was out there, so that made up for the loss. My player of the match goes to Imanol Harinordoquy, he played with so much passion, gave everything he had, and was fantastic. I don't think anyone can deny that.

Looking forward to Wales.

Well after reading about Mr Andrew. I would not be surprised if Jono stayed on, going down the young talent route, and the fact the RFU is in a right mess.

They would vote against each other just for the sake of it now, they all hate each other so much with the little power games on going.

Andrew: "We will be doing a robust review to look at where the squad is & how to take them forward. We have to take stock & not overreact."
No, overreact, it'll be fun!

I saw a clip from the press conference on ITV this morning and it made me hate Rob Andrew even more - you can really tell he thinks he's in charge of the whole thing, and he seems like he'd be a right condescending c**t to Johnson/everyone

Rob Andrew has been a cancer to English rugby for the past decade. Even during his Newcastle days he was trying to pull the rug from under Woodwards feet.

Last edited:
Indeed never liked him and he needs to go. But it's not like he's going to give his power up easily. Revolution!!

I saw a clip from the press conference on ITV this morning and it made me hate Rob Andrew even more - you can really tell he thinks he's in charge of the whole thing, and he seems like he'd be a right condescending c**t to Johnson/everyone

He is and always will be a massive dick. Thinks just cos he beat the Aussies in 1995 that it makes him immune

Smarmy little tosser. I had great respect for MJ as a player-but will be surprised if he keeps his coaching job.

I was at the game, the stadium was not full and I would say it was a draw in terms of number of fans.

I was lucky enough to sit on the side where all four tries were scored, although perspective in the stadium is always different from the TV one, I would not say France play that well but they were clinical and efficient, their game plan and tactics were good, there was some real purpose behind each move.

Can't remember what happened after the game though.

I finally was able to watch the match and I must say that was a great win for the French. They played well through that first half, England came back and played some great rugby in the second half, but it was too late. I didn't like the Yachvili substitution, I thought Parra should have come off for Trinh-Duc, but the latter played very well once he was out there, so that made up for the loss. My player of the match goes to Imanol Harinordoquy, he played with so much passion, gave everything he had, and was fantastic. I don't think anyone can deny that.

Looking forward to Wales.
you won fair and square against us, true not so good v wales, but awesome v all blacks and i was backing the french. you will win the wc soon

Latest posts