• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

Some interesting games today...

Sale v Leinster....Harper at tighthead and the other young lad Asher Fjdour on the bench against Heally and Porter ...

Bamber also starting again...huge young second row who played well last week.
This will see where those lads are...in their development

I wouldn't want to see it happen but with the back row injuries I wonder if Borthwick might try to tempt Courtney into one last 6N campaign. He's playing great rugby and with a young family it would probably be pretty difficult for him to say no to making 100k+ for just a couple months of work.

What's the current state of the back row injuries / Unavailable?

Tom Curry - Definitely out
Tom Willis- 3 months
Ben Earl - Back January?
Jack Willis - Ineligible
Courtney Lawes
Mercer - Back in full training
Ted Hill - When's he due back

Have I missed anyone?

Oh

Billy - Please god no...

Mercer played the full 80 last night, safe to say he's theoretically in contention
Don't think Hill is due back until after the 6N

Mercer played the full 80 last night, safe to say he's theoretically in contention
Don't think Hill is due back until after the 6N
Did he? Didn't see the game...how did he go?
Surely SB has to consider him.

Ben Earl - Back January?
I'd thought Earl was due for the New Year, so very early January.
Operation in mid-late October, I don't think we've had any updates since first week of November, and don't know the details, so "a number of months" as of 2 months ago, could be imminent, could be post-6N, unlikely to have been season ending.

I wouldn't expect fijian rugby...but i don't think it'll be quite so negative and restricted going forward...

I really do think (hope) that was a means to get through the world Cup. Hope I'm not proven wrong.

I'd thought Earl was due for the New Year, so very early January.
Operation in mid-late October, I don't think we've had any updates since first week of November, and don't know the details, so "a number of months" as of 2 months ago, could be imminent, could be post-6N, unlikely to have been season ending.
Would be good for him to get at least a few games under his belt before the 6n....

Yeah I'm hoping that Earl at 8 in the rwc has opened SBs eyes to the possibilities of a non-plodding 8

I think there's a very good chance that Billy is starting 8 in the 6N though (Earl on the flank)
I also think Barbeary will leap frog Willis/Mercer to be Billy's heir (which, ignoring the Willis/Mercer snub, I'm happy with - he plays like a young Billy so if we do have to have a big lump there might as well have the one who will actually trouble the opposition)

Good piece on Asher here:

England want him at loosehead, hopefully Sanderson tells them to swivel

Why do they want him at loosehead anyway? Tighthead is the biggest problem position in the country, surely if you've got a kid who wants to play there and is playing well there...you leave him there?

James Harper squatting 300kg at 22, nuts

Tom Curry - Definitely out
Tom Willis- 3 months
Ben Earl - Back January?
Jack Willis - Ineligible
Courtney Lawes
Mercer - Back in full training

Have I missed anyone?

Oh

Billy - Please god no...

Ludlam available but pointless given his move to France.

Listing all those and yet Underhill and Barbeary are fit. World's gone mad.

Nice piece on CCS in the Times. His time may not be quite yet but it will be coming.

Ludlam available but pointless given his move to France.

Listing all those and yet Underhill and Barbeary are fit. World's gone mad.

Nice piece on CCS in the Times. His time may not be quite yet but it will be coming.
If you read i did Actually say...the injuries/ Unavailable.....I'm well aware Underhill must start.....

If you read i did Actually say...the injuries/ Unavailable.....I'm well aware Underhill must start.....
I know. Just making the point that Underhill and Barbeary would usually feature on any injured / unavailable list yet this time, for once, both are fit and playing well.

It seems unfair how there are central controls being wheeled out to keep Itoje at sarries but nothing offered (in theory) to Ludlum who's not actually let England down at all.

Latest posts