• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks Vs Wallabies

The Springboks first grandslam atttempt in 1912-1913 was also their first successful one. They also won grandslams in 1931, 1951,1960

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Aug 14 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 9 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They've won everything they can in rugby. Tri-Nations, WC, Lions series,[/b]

Didnt the springboks come last in last years tri-nations though??? hahahaha :lol:
[/b][/quote]

See the thing about a three team competition if you don't win it who cares who came second or third. World only remembers winners.

Just wanted to point out that SA came last in tri nations in both 2007 and 2008 so it cant be really recognized as a "grandslam" winning team as you had construed.

I agree with what you say about the 3 team comp. the competition is that tight that coming 2nd is no different to coming last. Its so important for teams to win at home and one away win can almost put them in the drivers seat.
Although SA have been notorious for being poor travellers (much like the wallabies) I think the springboks can sneak a win in NZ and definitely pull off a win away in perth. Perth may as well be a home game for em with so many expats here. 2009 is SA's year i think.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Aug 15 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Perth may as well be a home game for em with so many expats here. 2009 is SA's year i think.[/b]
Didn't work last year when it was deemed to be a home game and a huge Australian contigent showed up...

Last year were played under ELV's......completely different ball game now and the wallabies still havent adjusted.

Latest posts