• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why the Wallabies and All Blacks Will Rip the Boks to Pieces

RWC USED TO be won on defence, but the laws have changed greatly recently and as is plain to see, they favour the attacking team. Playing defensive rugby is the exact mentality that is going to get the Boks ripped to pieces. And let's just take a player-to-player comparison.

Compare JP Pietersen to Digby Ioane. Ioane has extreme speed and constantly shrugs off defenders, setting up tries and scoring a few himself. Prior to the last few weeks of the comp, JP couldn't break a tackle to save his life. 98% of his career tries have been finishes that anyone could do. Extremely average player.

Compare Rene Ranger or Drew Mitchell with Bryan Habana who hasn't been good in the slightest since 2007. He is a walking error and has lost considerable pace over the years. Compare this to guys like Ranger and Mitchell who make things happen everytime they touch the ball.

Compare Quade Cooper with Morne Steyn. Morne Steyn will never break a tackle in his life and he kicks away all his teams possession. Morne makes it harder for a team to win, because I don't know how you can score points without the ball apart from praying that they concede a penalty on attack. Quade Cooper runs with the ball and adds touches of genius and sets up so many tries for his team and gets the backline working.

Compare Will Genia to Fourie du Preez. du Preez has box-kicked the Bulls right out of Super Rugby glory. du Preez's box-kicking is one of the main reasons the Bulls have done so badly this year. Go back and watch any game, and take note of what happens as a result of a du Preez box kick. Then there is Genia who is an absolute genius that breaks tackles and sets up tries.

Compare Nathan Sharpe to Bakkies Botha. Botha has been in dreadful form and has no intention of changing his fowl play. Sharpe is the best lock in the world ATM.

Compare Mealamu to Smit.......Should I even say anything about this one?

Compare Crockett, the Franks brothers or Ben Robinson to Steenkamp or the Beast.

Compare Read to Spies.

How the hell do any of you think SA can win anything?

brother :D i've been saying teh same thing about SA rugby and the very same players you mentioned... that is why i can't stand the fact that they won the wc in 2007....
they don't deserve a WC...not with players liek steyn, fourie du preez, bakkies, matfield, burger, olivier.....
that is why i'm so angry as to why saru is lying about all their injuries...its to rest the players...send out a doppie team to tire Aus and NZ in the tri-nation...and make these SA players look like rockstars at the WC....cuz they are fresh and the NZ & Aus are tired after playing their hearts out.....that is why no-one respects the boks.....no-one fears them, but they always lucky...always try and keep in the game so that no-one see how poor they really are....then fellow Sa ask me how i can support the AB and not my country...adn that i'm a traitor to my country.....i usually tell them that "i will rather......suck my left testical...than support your rugby" :D lol

for me SA can't play rugby...they have a predictable game plan and they use it in everygame.... they play only with their forwards and use the backline a s a last resort...they also have a kicking flyhalf that cant think...he just kicks...they running maul after every line out...even on their own tryline is so in them to maul :D lmk they have good young talent but they never play them cuz they always opt for experience, even if experience last performed 5 years ago.... look at du preez....everyone in SA think the world of him... but hougaard is way better...hell Sarel Pretorious was a star this S15....wasn't picked.... look at how good lambie is...but they go for Steyn... now how can i support a team like this???? i will be frustrated out of my mind... how can SA not see potensial??? they go for experience all the time??? what is experience??? i think experience teaches you to be calm under pressure, and that takes time....hence you gain experience over time...that is it....so who needs experience if you are calm under pressure from day 1.... that is why carter was brilliant from day 1....because he had a cool head under pressure adn prob cuz he doesn't have a nerve :D

SA supporters talk about steyn and du preez being good..... i said guys that is like talking about Carrick & fletcher @ man UTD when there are guys like Xavi & iniesta @ barca (Carter & weepu - cooper&genia) if you know what i mean.....

but its not how good each player is in a team head to head.... if they don't gel as a team they are useless.... cuz its easy to say head to head AUS players are better than SA players.... but on teh day those poor SA players can park the bus....frustrate Aus...wait for mistakes and counter attack....cuz that is how SA plays... they play in football (soccer) terms a 11-0-0 formation.... and the coach himself said so.... " we play from defence"...now you tell me what that means..... but the fans don't mind... they just want a win...a win at anycost... they will kick for post whole day...wont score tries - just for a win.... fans are happy if teh team wins with "ugly" play... tomorow they lose with teh same play then they are sad/mad???? i don't get it...

i'm the type of fan that will take a good loss vs a crappy win.... eg.. i think teh saders had a very very good loss... i take my hat off to teh guys... cuz i understand that they lost because of all teh travels within 3 weeks to 3 continents.... i understand they were tired...they wasted a lot of oppertunities...which was very unlike them...fitigue showed....so i'm not worried

all these factors played agasint them yet....the reds struggle against them having a fit team....etc

ALL BLACK YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!

icemn out ;)

Question: how comes Aplon had only one super rugby try before this season?

because typical SA rugby only use the backline as a last resort.....meaning if the forwards can't bulldose their way any further they go to the backline....

this year with Grant he also passed more so the backline go more ball...hence Aplon tries...

Aplon is fcking good.... but SA does not see their players potencial and play according to that.....

just think how many tries basson and aplon can score if morne steyn just passed the ball more instead of kicking...or if wynand olivier pass more than once in a game instead of hitting a crashball everytime.......

SA rugby is weak....

Or...

They throw out this Springbok 'B' team. They trial some new systems and perform well in the tri-nations (not necessarily win).
PdV with alot of help from his coaching staff realises that an experience dominated WC team with a core of younger (but 3N tried) players can not only play the standard SA rugby but they can add some points of difference ie with Bekker/Aplon/Mvovo.

Then - with this new bag of tricks, they shake up the RWC...

But this is PdV.

And it is reality.

LOL, yeah, won't happen. It's a bit late in any case. personally, i'd be fine for a lot of the experienced guys to play. The main problems I have; Spies, Habana, Smit and though he probably won't play, Kirschner. First 3 we will have to carry unfortunately.

Question: how comes Aplon had only one super rugby try before this season?

because typical SA rugby only use the backline as a last resort.....meaning if the forwards can't bulldose their way any further they go to the backline....

this year with Grant he also passed more so the backline go more ball...hence Aplon tries...

Aplon is fcking good.... but SA does not see their players potencial and play according to that.....

just think how many tries basson and aplon can score if morne steyn just passed the ball more instead of kicking...or if wynand olivier pass more than once in a game instead of hitting a crashball everytime.......

SA rugby is weak....

Erm, no LOL. Dude, do you at any time care to actually take a break from Icemnworld? Aplon wasn't a fixture in last year's S14; We had Naqelevuki and Joe Pietersen at wing and fullback for the most part. Aplon played a few but only really made his impact in the CC and then the June tests to becoe a regular fixture. Prior to that he was ripping it up in 7's rugby. He is one of the very few to have made the shift succesfully. Peter Grant also passes less than every other 1st choice 10 in SA (Steyn, Lambie, jantjes and Ebersohn allmake more passes per game), LOL.

brother :D i've been saying teh same thing about SA rugby and the very same players you mentioned... that is why i can't stand the fact that they won the wc in 2007....
they don't deserve a WC...not with players liek steyn, fourie du preez, bakkies, matfield, burger, olivier.....
that is why i'm so angry as to why saru is lying about all their injuries...its to rest the players...send out a doppie team to tire Aus and NZ in the tri-nation...and make these SA players look like rockstars at the WC....cuz they are fresh and the NZ & Aus are tired after playing their hearts out.....that is why no-one respects the boks.....no-one fears them, but they always lucky...always try and keep in the game so that no-one see how poor they really are....then fellow Sa ask me how i can support the AB and not my country...adn that i'm a traitor to my country.....i usually tell them that "i will rather......suck my left testical...than support your rugby" :D lol

for me SA can't play rugby...they have a predictable game plan and they use it in everygame.... they play only with their forwards and use the backline a s a last resort...they also have a kicking flyhalf that cant think...he just kicks...they running maul after every line out...even on their own tryline is so in them to maul :D lmk they have good young talent but they never play them cuz they always opt for experience, even if experience last performed 5 years ago.... look at du preez....everyone in SA think the world of him... but hougaard is way better...hell Sarel Pretorious was a star this S15....wasn't picked.... look at how good lambie is...but they go for Steyn... now how can i support a team like this???? i will be frustrated out of my mind... how can SA not see potensial??? they go for experience all the time??? what is experience??? i think experience teaches you to be calm under pressure, and that takes time....hence you gain experience over time...that is it....so who needs experience if you are calm under pressure from day 1.... that is why carter was brilliant from day 1....because he had a cool head under pressure adn prob cuz he doesn't have a nerve :D

SA supporters talk about steyn and du preez being good..... i said guys that is like talking about Carrick & fletcher @ man UTD when there are guys like Xavi & iniesta @ barca (Carter & weepu - cooper&genia) if you know what i mean.....

but its not how good each player is in a team head to head.... if they don't gel as a team they are useless.... cuz its easy to say head to head AUS players are better than SA players.... but on teh day those poor SA players can park the bus....frustrate Aus...wait for mistakes and counter attack....cuz that is how SA plays... they play in football (soccer) terms a 11-0-0 formation.... and the coach himself said so.... " we play from defence"...now you tell me what that means..... but the fans don't mind... they just want a win...a win at anycost... they will kick for post whole day...wont score tries - just for a win.... fans are happy if teh team wins with "ugly" play... tomorow they lose with teh same play then they are sad/mad???? i don't get it...

i'm the type of fan that will take a good loss vs a crappy win.... eg.. i think teh saders had a very very good loss... i take my hat off to teh guys... cuz i understand that they lost because of all teh travels within 3 weeks to 3 continents.... i understand they were tired...they wasted a lot of oppertunities...which was very unlike them...fitigue showed....so i'm not worried

all these factors played agasint them yet....the reds struggle against them having a fit team....etc

ALL BLACK YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!

icemn out ;)

Couldn't care to read the entire garbled rant but I have to say if I could suck my own testicals I'd rather do that than alot of other things.

Last edited:
And in 2010 Australia has been the only side in the World to beat the All Blacks.

It should also be noted that they were the only team to get 4 chances to play the All Blacks in 2010 and they lost 3 of them.

Agree with Sneaki. "Meant to be played" is a very strong statement...Jake White certainly didn't coach rugby to be played like the Blues or Reds, and neither did Kitch Christie for that matter.

I wouldn't count the Boks out of the 3N or RWC too early. If I had to pick though, deep down inside, I would have to go for the AB's for both, as much as it pains me.

Boks are going to be hard to beat in the WC. The 3N team is a bit light on quality guys with all the injuries but I have no doubt come world cup time the Boks will be one of the better sides. As much as some people hate it, bomb/box kick and chase combined with good set piece and defence can still win you games, and I think will serve SA well in the WC.

Remember a lot of these games will be played in the rain, we'll see how good Cooper etc are with a slippery ball in the howling wind if Wellington.

Boks are going to be hard to beat in the WC. The 3N team is a bit light on quality guys with all the injuries but I have no doubt come world cup time the Boks will be one of the better sides. As much as some people hate it, bomb/box kick and chase combined with good set piece and defence can still win you games, and I think will serve SA well in the WC.

Remember a lot of these games will be played in the rain, we'll see how good Cooper etc are with a slippery ball in the howling wind if Wellington.

esp now that they are conviently being rested..... and other teams will be tired after a long S15 and immediate 3N and after that the WC..... that is why i say...the boks will look like Rockstars at this WC... so their chances have improved a lot because of the nice rest they have.....how convenient.....that is why i'm so p1ssed

Icemn

....errr....catch wake up lad...and... lay of the ....TIK...a bit
An official enquiry was made into the mass amount of injuries by the World Rugby Governing Body (ever heard of them) and were satisfied with the evidence given.
Also take note the gruelling nature of SA derbies vs. the beautiful, harmonious, swanlike running rugby of our Australian friends. But that comparison might be above your mental capabilities it seems.

Keep dishing the Boks, you are quite a laugh

Yes, Icemn, a professional doctor would gladly risk his license to give a couple of players a bit of a rest. I can tell you these injuries are legit. I've spoken to two of the players and they said that all the players out are legitimately carrying injuries. Some of them big and still needing a lot of treatment others more of a ****le that players have been carrying during the S15. Do you remember the speight of NZ injuries mid-season? This was a long series and injuries occur, especially with the amount of derbies and travelling. No wonder half the Crusaders team got injured when they visited the Cape. All that travel had to hurt them at some stage. I expect this will become a regular fixture of SH rugby (these injury lists) unless we either do away with the silly double derbies or greatly expand squad depth and focus on player management/rotation.

Also, some of those Aussie derbies were just as tough and merciless as anything happening in SA or Nz. A bit harsh I feel.

Icemn

An official enquiry was made into the mass amount of injuries by the World Rugby Governing Body (ever heard of them) and were satisfied with the evidence given.
Also take note the gruelling nature of SA derbies vs. the beautiful, harmonious, swanlike running rugby of our Australian friends. But that comparison might be above your mental capabilities it seems.

like i said...how convenient...you should rather think...if we the world champs why do no one respect us....respect is earned....
its very easy to fake medical certificates...my grandmother can photoshop....you don't even have to go that far..get a biast Sa bok supporting dr...to write the **** out....hell isn't old springbok lock Andrews a dr :D lmk any idiot will know that resting the boks will only benifit them come WC time... what SA supporter will nto help them out....read the report...the medical report was shown to who ever but without any detail :D you can fall for that @#$@ but not me ;)

Yes, Icemn, a professional doctor would gladly risk his license to give a couple of players a bit of a rest. I can tell you these injuries are legit. I've spoken to two of the players and they said that all the players out are legitimately carrying injuries. Some of them big and still needing a lot of treatment others more of a ****le that players have been carrying during the S15. Do you remember the speight of NZ injuries mid-season? This was a long series and injuries occur, especially with the amount of derbies and travelling. No wonder half the Crusaders team got injured when they visited the Cape. All that travel had to hurt them at some stage. I expect this will become a regular fixture of SH rugby (these injury lists) unless we either do away with the silly double derbies or greatly expand squad depth and focus on player management/rotation.

Also, some of those Aussie derbies were just as tough and merciless as anything happening in SA or Nz. A bit harsh I feel.

which dr? did he giver his name? why wasn't there detail in the report? lmk

lmk as if they would tell the world "listen....we not really injured hey...but keep quite...it will benifit us " ..... :D

my question is this....why is it that the players were all fine up to the 1 day of training??? this was a week after SA S15 season was over.... you didn't hear of any injuries to the Sa players as their games game to an end..nothing...then all of a sudden...21injured after 1 day of training...how convenient...

http://www.keo.co.za/2011/07/07/shame-on-you-boks-sanzar/

http://www.keo.co.za/2011/07/10/keotv-bok-sham-bullshit/

njoy....

Hey dan-the-man; as a big tighthead prop, and one of the top try scorers on my team, I take offense to your assault on the pick-n-go. :)

Hey dan-the-man; as a big tighthead prop, and one of the top try scorers on my team, I take offense to your assault on the pick-n-go. :)

Do you play Super/International Rugby? :) Didn't think so:) Coz that's what I was refferring to. Non-professional rugby is played much more differently and the defensive lines aren't as solid.

Do you play Super/International Rugby? :) Didn't think so:) Coz that's what I was refferring to. Non-professional rugby is played much more differently and the defensive lines aren't as solid.

The Reds winners of the Super 15 had great success with the pick and go.

Dan the Man is actually Digby Ioane. Now dance for our amusement.

Icemn

I could not have said it better myself!

I have no doubt that those 21 players have some sort of injury. But you could go through the top 40 players of any country after a comp like super rugby and find those injuries. I bet of those 21 odd players less than 5 actually have injuries that would prevent them from playing if they had a must win game this weekend - or if they gave the tri nations the respect in deserves. Most of them at any other time would be classified as "****les".

Latest posts