• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Round 16/17 Round 13

Might be worth Eddie Jones trying to convert him? Wonder if he'll have a word with Blackers?

- - - Updated - - -

That passage of play might have answered your question about the tackle laws, rats

I always want teams to foul up when playing it round the sides like that.....boring as hell.

Full watching Bath trifecta there, a Ford kicking meltdown, Roko magic and in the end a loss that we should of won....why do I watch us play it always goes the same way when I do....

- - - Updated - - -

Falcons fully deserved the win though.

Twice in a week Bath surrender a lead with not all that long ago only to lose.

They do know its an 80 minute game, not 70?

Full watching Bath trifecta there, a Ford kicking meltdown, Roko magic and in the end a loss that we should of won....why do I watch us play it always goes the same way when I do....

- - - Updated - - -

Falcons fully deserved the win though.

Not sure about should have won to be honest, we were lucky to be so close at half time

Ford kicking dire and cost us the game along with the fact that Bath forwards are so ****ing lazy. Our only workhorse is Garvey, the rest do not put enough effort in. Well played Falcons but I've been ranting about the problems Bath have had all year, but have been papered over by the tight and unconvincing wins. Now those problems are coming to the fore big time and we are losing games as a result.

Not sure about should have won to be honest, we were lucky to be so close at half time
Not really they weren't really that threatening in the first half in terms of looking like scoring. You pull out that sort of lead though with the time on the clock you should be winningm

Just got back from the game.

Delighted with the result but it was an odd game really.

Fords kicking was appalling. He kicks them...Bath win. Bath were like juggling clowns for the fist 20 mins. Yet the falcons didn't take any kind of advantage from that. Which let Bath back in. But we showed huge intensity and passion in the last 10 to pull that back!

Just want to comment on the booing aswell. Many Bath fans are chastising the Falcon fans as pathetic and horrific for their booing of Ford during his kicks.

I can assure everyone...the Falcons are the most respectful fans around and never boo ANYONE. Something seemed to happen in the West Stand, between Bath fans, Ford and Falcons fans and it result in some booing which I don't like at all. Not sure what happened.

If he gets on - will that be his first game time of the season?
An absolute criminal waste - but then, that's what happens with such a congested midfield.

IIRC, he played (and scored) in the LV Cup.

Whenever I've seen him play for Italy he's looked fantastic and it does feel like a huge waste of talent. He's a player I'd love to see at Quins!

Just got back from the game.

Delighted with the result but it was an odd game really.

Fords kicking was appalling. He kicks them...Bath win. Bath were like juggling clowns for the fist 20 mins. Yet the falcons didn't take any kind of advantage from that. Which let Bath back in. But we showed huge intensity and passion in the last 10 to pull that back!

Just want to comment on the booing aswell. Many Bath fans are chastising the Falcon fans as pathetic and horrific for their booing of Ford during his kicks.

I can assure everyone...the Falcons are the most respectful fans around and never boo ANYONE. Something seemed to happen in the West Stand, between Bath fans, Ford and Falcons fans and it result in some booing which I don't like at all. Not sure what happened.

Came over on the BT commentary, not just booing but also chants aimed at Ford, "Where's your Daddy gone" was one I could hear.

Short odds on it being a group of "lads" that went to the rugby before going out in town

IIRC, he played (and scored) in the LV Cup.

Whenever I've seen him play for Italy he's looked fantastic and it does feel like a huge waste of talent. He's a player I'd love to see at Quins!
I actually looked it up - he's had 1 start and 3 bench appearances this season, for a total of about 90 minutes IIRC
Came over on the BT commentary, not just booing but also chants aimed at Ford, "Where's your Daddy gone" was one I could hear.

Short odds on it being a group of "lads" that went to the rugby before going out in town
Yeah, it really didn't sound good on the TV feed; and agreed entirely that it's most likely people getting tanked up on a Friday night... but not rugby ignoramuses as they knew that sort of thing about GF.
However GF (as in GeordieFalcon) also has a point that the Bath board and facebook site were being particularly precious, hyperbolic, obnoxious and knee-jerky last night.

For once though, no-one seems to be blaming the ref; but saying that George (and half the team) needs to be fired mid-season (or even held to his contract for the next 18 months, and put on gardening leave to teach him a lesson), Blackadder needs to go, worst performance ever; half the crowd need to be banned etc etc. Utterly ridiculous; and I don't blame GeorgieFalcon for reading some of that shit and taking offence.

Last edited:

Latest posts