• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Wales vs France (22/02/20)

Couldn't watch the game so just did now.

Wow, the commentary was something else, and the welsh players did come across as sore losers.

France shaded the game and deserved the win.

The welsh can get their own back when we lose to Ireland today.

I seriously think North needs to retire now. He is going out like a light too frequently and that in itself should be worrying. I'd rather see his career cut short and his mind in one piece than the reverse.

Pivac in the news blaming the ref now. This Welsh team is really unlikable. Accusing the French of cheating before the game, awj, biggar and Adams being ***s during the game and now whining about the ref even though he gave France 2 yellows. Also particularly funny complaining about their own defence tactics being used against them.

Last edited:
Wales are really not covering themselves in glory with the comments on the scrum, first us, now France.

I'm struggling through it now, they're unbearable.
starting in the opening minutes when Faletau is having a lie down at the side of a ruck, and just picks up the ball and hands it to his team-mates. Not just his knees on the floor, but hips and torso as well.
Eddie and Jiffy completely failed to notice anything wrong, and chalked it up as a great turnover.

Yes, we burn the welsh flag every St David's Day without fail.

Welcome to the forum btw!
Thanks.Still tamping from experienced players fooking it up though when facing 14 men with a pen right in front of the post at half time.Unforgivable.France are better but in no way could be considered anything like great.

I thought (hoped) France would do better in this tournament, but I really didn't expect them to win it all. Now I'm struggling to see who can stop them doing the GS. Scotland look weaker than usual this year and they've got Ireland in Paris. Neither game is a foregone conclusion, but right now, the French have to be favourites for both.

PS. Love the way the media are going on about how great Shaun Edwards has made their defence when they've actually conceded 7 tries in the first three games. But never let facts get in the way of rhetoric. :rolleyes:

I thought (hoped) France would do better in this tournament, but I really didn't expect them to win it all. Now I'm struggling to see who can stop them doing the GS. Scotland look weaker than usual this year and they've got Ireland in Paris. Neither game is a foregone conclusion, but right now, the French have to be favourites for both.

PS. Love the way the media are going on about how great Shaun Edwards has made their defence when they've actually conceded 7 tries in the first three games. But never let facts get in the way of rhetoric. :rolleyes:

France second only to Italy in points and tries conceded. It really is a wonder where the whole Shaun Edwards is doing it came from. It's France's improved attack that is winning them games, not their defence.

France second only to Italy in points and tries conceded. It really is a wonder where the whole Shaun Edwards is doing it came from. It's France's improved attack that is winning them games, not their defence.
I dunno, the defence yesterday was pretty heroic at times

I agree. They're not winning by much either, so it could well crumble on a bad bounce against Scotland or Ireland.

Interestingly, 6 of the 7 tries they've conceded have been in the second half. It seems the French still have that fitness problem.

I officially have no idea what's going on.

France is back, guy ! that's all :)
Heroic maybe. Successful?

Sometimes...

I think the defence was good at important and crucial time... At the end of the first half, they incredibly hurted the morale of the Welsh... they denied a promised try to Welsh and kept the score ! Morally it was a problem for Welsh... They knew there that something had changed in french mentality : they won't give up this time, that was evident. French have sent a clear message... Shaun Edwards has adapted his style to french mind and culture, that's all, he knows that french attacks and backs are surely top 3 in the world actually. Please, remind me, the goal is to put more points than opponents... if I win 78-77, I don't care the defence.

Also, the fitness is still a problem for France, but the team has managed to include lower energy moments inside the match, to keep some "fuel" in the end... before we were doing all we can during 60 min, now, willingly, we choose to alternate them (good and bad moments), knowing we can't play at best for more than 60 minutes... ça s'appelle gérer les temps forts et les temps faibles.

But I find French have a better fitness anyway, even if it's not at the same level as other top teams.. .French are improving there TOO ... I think it will be harsher for opponents when french will have 80 minutes at full strength in their hands and legs ! Lots of braining storm for other coaches then.

This french side is only at 70% of its capabilities, it's fecking scary for opponents.

And for the only Shaun Edwards effect viewers, Galthié, in 9 years, has trained/coached 3 different teams in french top 14, one of the hardest championship. He managed to bring his teams in 6 finals and won 3 ***les with the 3 different teams... Not so bad for a FRENCH coach. Ibanez is good auxiliary coach, as player was a good N° 2 in french national team and never gave up as player too. Personally, I wanted Vern Votter as first choice (the style, the competence, the Man), but in second, I wanted Galthié.

Last edited:
France is back, guy ! that's all :)

I think the defence was good at important and crucial time... At the end of the first half, they incredibly hurted the morale of the Welsh... they denied a promised try to Welsh and kept the score ! Morally it was a problem for Welsh... They knew there that something had changed in french mentality : they won't give up this time, that was evident. French have sent a clear message... Shaun Edwards has adapted his style to french mind and culture, that's all, he knows that french attacks and backs are surely top 3 in the world actually. Please, remind me, the goal is to put more points than opponents... if I win 78-77, I don't care the defence.

Hey, I'm only trying to find some reason to hope that England might win the ***le. ;)

upload_2020-2-23_15-12-31.jpeg

Hey, I'm only trying to find some reason to hope that England might win the ***le. ;)

Honestly, I wish England to win over ireland, not because I love my best and oldest "enemy", but because I like when the 6N is passionating and entertaining like this year... when France was only the ghost of herself, there was a true big miss.
With an english win oiver Ireland, 3 teams can still win the tournament ! and the last game in Paris would be incredibly interesting and passionating... BUT we're not even there, and France could well loose to Scotland !

Latest posts