• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 5: Ireland vs England (18/03/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did tip my hat to some of his play in Scotland and he was outstanding against New Zealand, but he's looked so behind the pace this tournament. It may be fashionable to bash Kearney but that's always been the case with the two fine young stout drinking Munster men too.
I have no ill will towards Kearney and have loved what a complete prick he could be to other teams over the years, but he's not getting involved in the play at all this year. He's essentially being picked for experience, and the kick chase which in my opinion is a waste of what should be an attacking weapon on the ground as well as the air. I know it's a useless comparison in terms of like for like players, but look how much a guy like Hogg looks to get his hands on the ball for Scotland, always looking to enter the line and bring impact. Kearney was very good in our gameplan, but that gameplan has been figured out at this stage, and with it Kearney will have to be put out to pasture next season too leaving me with happy memories like this.
BiRJlgwCAAET3NO.jpg

And examples of Zebo and Earls making good ground and showing feet? There's plenty of them. Like you I'm in absolutely no way bothered to go over our games this six nations, but I've been watching them merk opposition all year for Munster, which granted is a different level, but they do without doubt constantly try to use their feet as a back three player should (Zebo sometimes to a frustrating extent as he loses speed in conact). Listen I accept neither have not looked Lions good this six nations, but they bring edge if used for things other than auxillary back rows and kick chasers.

Truly the best rugby pic I've ever seen:lol:

There

1ljc99.jpg

....goddamn size

Last edited:
15. Jared Payneinthearse
14. Keith Pearls
13. Garry lickmyRingrose
12. Robbie Hennight
11. Simon ZeBBW
10. Jonathan Sexbytheton
9. Kieran Marime
1. Jack MyGirth
2. Rory Best******2016
3. Tadhg Footlong
4. Dontcuminme Ryan
5. Iain Handyone
6. BJ Boner
7. Sean Ohbriendon'tstop
8. Jamie Nipslip

Replacements:

16. Niall Flannel
17. Cian Feely
18. John Cryan
19. Devin Tonedarse
20. Peeping O'Mahony
21. Luke Mygirth
22. Paddy Jacksoff
23. Andrew Cumway

It's a handy Irish team TBF.

Should be a very close game.

I love it when you Irish guys argue so I thought I'd help you out with some stats for the Irish backs so far this tournament which I put together. First table is total stats, second is per 80 minutes since they've played different amounts. Sorry for the stupid decimal points in the second table, but didn't want to round most of the numbers. Don't think I've ****ed anything up, but it's not impossible.

New_zpsdkxh8kv5.png

What's the weather forecast for Saturday eve in Dublin?

Two tickets for sale to the match if anyone is looking

Earls may be out. If he would Conway would start, and Olding has been called into the squad, potentially to occupy the 23 jersey. This is not good preparation for a game.

No fear of Earls. Woke this morning with awful feeling England may put alot on us

It's gonna be tight. Ireland score early and get momentum I don't think our 'finishers' will turn it around. If we score early I feel we could walk away with it :/ OR it will just be a tight test match, there's really not much in it between the two XVs

Ireland land lost to wales and scotland, it shows there are weaknesses there and with the loss of their first choice SH and brilliant player, i think this england team with returned players like watson and billy plus the impact from the bench will get england the win.

Will not be easy though at all.

England by 5

Ireland land lost to wales and scotland, it shows there are weaknesses there and with the loss of their first choice SH and brilliant player, i think this england team with returned players like watson and billy plus the impact from the bench will get england the win.

Will not be easy though at all.

England by 5

Jones will almost certainly spot a weakness if there is one, the fact that 4 English tries went through exactly the same part of the Scottish defence and Jones comments afterwards showed it was targeted as a weak spot and exploited brilliantly. One might even say how stupid of the Scots for not adapting what they were doing, better teams would see what was happening and sort it out ;)

If Ireland have a glaring weakness to be exploited, I'm sure Jones will have seen it. It's the players having the ability to deal with it that is the issue.

There's been a bitt made in the press of Irish wide defence being suspect, but we haven't picked the side to target that as we're going with Brown at 15.

There's been a bitt made in the press of Irish wide defence being suspect, but we haven't picked the side to target that as we're going with Brown at 15.

It's not wingers being weak. It's the narrowness of defensive system

No fear of Earls. Woke this morning with awful feeling England may put alot on us

Eveything depends on the set piece, specifically the line out. I'm not saying we would have won the Wales and Scotland games, but we butchered two certain tries to put us in the lead at crucial times of the games, both in the driving maul. Also we threw away so many more chances in scoring positions only to **** up, again mostly line outs.

If if we can execute the set pieces, be more clinical, do what Irish teams are known for, then we'll end this team's run just like we did the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts