• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 5: Ireland vs England (18/03/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason the welsh are posting here is becuase like their team, their match thread is both crap and sad in equal measures.

2 I think how many RWC's do you have in that period?...pick a better time frame next time idiot.

You are really taking this to another level. I already congratulated you on a successful 6 nations , I am just trying dispel the myth that England are unbeatable which Ireland proved today, you just aint that good and if you were then you would be GRANDSLAM champions ;)

Fair play Eddie Jones too. Gave a good post game interview.
Agree Alpha that Heaslip isn't done but equally rotation is needed.
Like if he stayed fit today we wouldn't have won today. Sinply because the lineout pressure was key to giving us momentum and killing theirs. Also Henderson did fine job running lineout.

I think this thread should be restricted to nations who have either never beaten NZ or done so this millennium. It just feels right.

You are really taking this to another level. I already congratulated you on a successful 6 nations , I am just trying dispel the myth that England are unbeatable which Ireland proved today, you just aint that good and if you were then you would be GRANDSLAM champions ;)

England are very beatable....if you play for 80 minutes like Ireland did and not 75 minutes like this year's 5th place team did.

The only reason the welsh are posting here is becuase like their team, their match thread is both crap and sad in equal measures.

so why write in our thread then?? hypocrite.

It's hilarious and quite depressing in equal measure. When you have the 'as long as we beat the English' mentality and your team fails to do that, you have to look for other teams, in fact any teams to bring you joy. Thank goodness England are having such a good couple seasons. Means every time we win, they feel a loss. Perfect!

Conditions may have been a factor (as they were at Murrayfield today) but it is fair to say this entire tournament, the English backs have offered very little when playing against 15 men, or a defence where all players are playing in their actual positions. Hopefully those who think the English backs should automatically be considered the strongest unit in the tournament have been given pause for thought by their showings in recent weeks.

Fitting that Ireland should end both winless runs and good on them for bringing a strong showing to what was for them a pretty dead rubber for them. I liked their substitute scrum half and winger, and credit to Ringrose. I've not rated him in an Ireland jersey but he was the best back on the park tonight for me, by a fair distance.
The lack of go forward ball and the slowing down of the ball in ruck combined with conditions were the main reason we didnt see the backs firing on all cylinders today. It happens.

Love how the Welsh are saying how awesome Ireland were with how **** England were. Only lost by 4 points just think how easy that gap would of been bridged if we played well.

It's hilarious and quite depressing in equal measure. When you have the 'as long as we beat the English' mentality and your team fails to do that, you have to look for other teams, in fact any teams to bring you joy. Thank goodness England are having such a good couple seasons. Means every time we win, they feel a loss. Perfect!

Yeah but they didn't beat England....Ireland did

I think this thread should be restricted to nations who have either never beaten NZ or done so this millennium. It just feels right.

yes and I cheered on every bit of that win against the ABs.

Last edited:
so olly was saying that mauls are only properly officiated at lineouts... that refs actually call collapsing and coming in from the side

in open play they tend to not penalize for collapsing but still call it a maul and reward the defensive team with the scrum anyway

interesting that you think that it keeps the flow going if the ball is available and would make a good referee pint argument... which is pretty much what we do instead of the actual referee education

my opinion is that if the attacking team wants to maul and the defensive team collapses it is material everytime

the materiality due to time is more for things like not rolling away, being a step offside, and holding onto tackled player/ball

Thanks mole -got it

dont be so ARROGANT.

Imagine loosing 18 times in a row!

Please have some understanding for the likes of the big arena. Wales have had a dire 6N and they need to cling to something

Why are the Welsh lads here? Were they waiting for England to lose? Long auld wait lads.

Good honest test match i thought. England upped their performance in the second half but really they didn't carry any threat throughout the game. Ireland were only marginally better mind you....a day for defences as Hartley said afterwards.

I hope Joe recognises the world didn't end when McGrath, Leavy, Scannell, Conway etc came on. Far from it actually. McGraths kick at the end killed the game and was something you'd associate with a test veteran. I say it often but experience is overrated.

O'Mahony was brilliant. Reminded the would be Lions selectors what he's about. Itoje and co made no impression on him in the lineout. All the back row should be on notice. One slip and you're out.

In response to a poster asking what could have been. Definitely knocked the wind out of the sails losing to Wales last week and this doesn't fully atone imo but we got what we deserved from the tournament.

The lack of go forward ball and the slowing down of the ball in ruck combined with conditions were the main reason we didnt see the backs firing on all cylinders today. It happens.

Love how the Welsh are saying how awesome Ireland were with how **** England were. Only lost by 4 points just think how easy that gap would of been bridged if we played well.

'iF YOU PLAYED WELL'..... haha it amazes me the excuses you come up with , you were OUTPLAYED take it on the chin! idiot.

Why are the Welsh lads here? Were they waiting for England to lose? Long auld wait lads.

Good honest test match i thought. England upped their performance in the second half but really they didn't carry any threat throughout the game. Ireland were only marginally better mind you....a day for defences as Hartley said afterwards.

I hope Joe recognises the world didn't end when McGrath, Leavy, Scannell, Conway etc came on. Far from it actually. McGraths kick at the end killed the game and was something you'd associate with a test veteran. I say it often but experience is overrated.

O'Mahony was brilliant. Reminded the would be Lions selectors what he's about. Itoje and co made no impression on him in the lineout. All the back row should be on notice. One slip and you're out.

In response to a poster asking what could have been. Definitely knocked the wind out of the sails losing to Wales last week and this doesn't fully atone imo but we got what we deserved from the tournament.

This, they still got to parade around Dublin with a trophy, we could hace stopped it with a bit more accuracy and intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.