• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 5: Ireland vs England (18/03/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird that the most pleasantly civil Ireland-England thread of all time has been ruined by Welsh supporters, unbearably smug about their 5th place finish.

Fair ****s Ireland, deserved winners and magnanimous in victory. Big thumbs up from me

I have to say, all joking aside that i did expect more from England. I had a treble on. i got Scotland, and then it went all pair shaped. Wales unlucky, again - but England? After that drubbing of Scotland last week? Anywayyyyyyyyyy.

- - - Updated - - -

These Welsh posters could start an argument in an empty room.

Yeah and we can beat Ireland as well :)

Weird that the most pleasantly civil Ireland-England thread of all time has been ruined by Welsh supporters, unbearably smug about their 5th place finish.

Fair ****s Ireland, deserved winners and magnanimous in victory. Big thumbs up from me

Have to say I've been impressed by this thread and Anglo-Irish relations. Think it waz mainly because the ***le was not line. No need to get tetchy about. Most English thought they'd just lose most Irish thought they'd just win. No real ego to get hurt.

A team on top form does the slam regardless of excuses , england aint all that and were rightly exposed by the irish today

Wales were terrible this year and it's only natural some of their fans want to try and make the most of a completely different country beating a team that's consistently beaten them.

Still well done Ireland when you have the bit between your teeth your a tough nut to crack. You do need to add some consistency to your results though.

I have to say, all joking aside that i did expect more from England. I had a treble on. i got Scotland, and then it went all pair shaped. Wales unlucky, again - but England? After that drubbing of Scotland last week? Anywayyyyyyyyyy.

Ah, the truth comes out. England lost you money. Fair enough.
I put some of Ireland to win, so I'm disappoojted but still quids in.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and we can beat Ireland as well :)

Yeah it was a good win, fair play. As was our win against you in Cardiff. Would you say Wales have developed a bit of a mental block when facing England in the 6N? I has indeed been a few years now.

**** me that was a test match. Two sides at about 80% of what they could be in two years and a hell of a home crowd behind one.

We need to learn to win away and get new wings while picking the right backrow depending on the opposition (Heaslip isn't done, he'll be in rotation similar to what Joe did in Leinster). England obviously have their improvements that I don't care about because their a **** nation who have a better success rate in RWC's in this millenium than Dublin... it might be an even bigger gap come 2019.

You're the man Joe.

- - - Updated - - -

**** me that was a test match. Two sides at about 80% of what they could be in two years and a hell of a home crowd behind one.

We need to learn to win away and get new wings while picking the right backrow depending on the opposition (Heaslip isn't done, he'll be in rotation similar to what Joe did in Leinster). England obviously have their improvements that I don't care about because their a **** nation who have a better success rate in RWC's in this millenium than Dublin... it might be an even bigger gap come 2019.

You're the man Joe.

You're the man Joe.

- - - Updated - - -

You're the man Joe.

ying to blow your trumpet but Ireland were awesome today, first to everything , ringrose was particularly good seriously no luck in that win you deserved every bit of it .Nice one Ireland

Conditions may have been a factor (as they were at Murrayfield today) but it is fair to say this entire tournament, the English backs have offered very little when playing against 15 men, or a defence where all players are playing in their actual positions. Hopefully those who think the English backs should automatically be considered the strongest unit in the tournament have been given pause for thought by their showings in recent weeks.

Fitting that Ireland should end both winless runs and good on them for bringing a strong showing to what was for them a pretty dead rubber for them. I liked their substitute scrum half and winger, and credit to Ringrose. I've not rated him in an Ireland jersey but he was the best back on the park tonight for me, by a fair distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts