• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 5: Ireland vs England (18/03/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No silver platter ball, no happy ending

Well played Ireland. Exploited a weakness that England have never adapted to. You spoil our ball, we can't play. If the ref allows it, we're dead in the water. That's not to blame the ref, you have to find a way and we failed spectacularly to do so. Very, very small margins. Farrell and Sexton stood up and Ford once again showed why despite his awesome talents he can't be relied upon to make 0 mistakes. Is that unreasonable? Possibly, but kicking it out on the full and missing tackles will get you beat eventually and today was that day.

I'm less ****** off than I thought I'd be. That feels like the right result. For all the chippy detractors out there. You can talk to English supporters about "failing" when you've won 18 on the spin. Until then, quietness.

look at my posts in the france v wales thread. I was actually okay in losing that game and no EXCUSES. You were lucky to beat us and France and Ireland exposed you... You aint as good as you think.. the ABs will wipe the floor with ya no one off game needed thats for sure.

+ 1

Excuse, we are an arrogant nation because we are successful and work hard, and proud to have recovered from our own problems, where are you from then?

Dude, he's ****ing with you. It's a joke about the English always being arrogant :D

Why are the Welsh trolling this thread?

I'll put it down to jealousy. They're along way off matching these 2 nations. If Ireland turned up with the same power today as the rest of the tournament, this would have been a grand slam decider.

Couple of key points. Fuller analysis will have to follow when I'm feeling a little less spiteful!

Just to remind again ladies and gentlemen, I did indeed call Ireland by 4 before the game. You're welcome.
Ireland were as I expected them to be - the set piece got a huge kick up the behind, there was wayyyy more accuracy when they moved the ball, errors were reduced, and Sexton consistently made good decisions. Most of all I was impressed again by that man Henshaw and dismayed with how easily he went through English forwards. I mean for ****s sake. But Ringrose was top notch as well and if he doesn't make the lions, we'll know he did everything he possibly could have done. The England midfield was just non existent, and Owen Farrell apparently missed 5 tackles. Scary.

Vunipola was probably not ready for the start, I don't know. But he had little impact, stats say he made just 12 metres with 7 carries. Personally I think Jones will take this defeat as a license to be ruthless with the players in future. Youngs, Cole, Wood and Brown are all massively on borrowed time. Let's use the fact of having lost as a chance to get better.

Yeah I'm pretty okay with losing. Think I said this week losing is good if you want to build to a RWC win learn far more from it. Plus losing to the side that beat the other team that managed 18 wins on the trot away from home is hardly something to be ashamed of. Dublin has to be one the hardest places to go to and win. So yeah 4 point loss I'll take that it's reflective of where we are.

Hopefully shift some dead weight in Hartley and Brown this summer. And carry on building.

Everyone on the count of 3 neg all welsh trolls who should be sobbing into their 'tea' of bread and margarine instead of mingling in a thread belonging to tier 1 nations.

Quick question for the Irish fans. Obviously you're pleased with today's win and a bloody good performance, but is there a question of what might have been.

Possibly should have completed the comeback vs Scotland. The Wales game wasn't as one sided as the score suggested. Win either of those and I'm pretty sure you could have made up a points difference with the confidence you were playing with today. We could have had a Cardiff 13' on our hands! Thank **** we won with a week to spare. . .

Why are the Welsh trolling this thread?

I'll put it down to jealousy. They're along way off matching these 2 nations. If Ireland turned up with the same power today as the rest of the tournament, this would have been a grand slam decider.

SHHH you got BEATEN by the better team, why am i trolling ? you lot like to troll on France v Wales so its fair game yeh? dont be butt hurt from not winning the slam , infact you should be thanking us for beating Ireland lol
now there is arrogance for ya;)

- - - Updated - - -

Are Wales the ****stain on the underwear that is the home Nations?

Our survey said........

question? did Wales beat Ireland?our survey said...YESSS ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
SHHH you got BEATEN by the better team, why am i trolling ? you lot like to troll on France v Wales so its fair game yeh? dont be butt hurt from not winning the slam , infact you should be thanking us for beating Ireland lol

Go home kid, you're drunk.

- - - Updated - - -

question? did Wales beat Ireland?our survey said...YESSS ;)
Dunno why we need to thank you for beating Ireland we'd have still won the tournament....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts