• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 1: England vs. France (04/02/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
6Nations.jpg

England.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
France.png

Venue: Twickenham
Time: 16:50 GMT

First game of the tournament, with sone rustiness inevitable and France who are broadly speaking on the up, this has to be a competitive game. England by 15 points I'd venture

I'd love to see France pull something out of the bag here, can't wait to see Jones lose. Can't see it happening though, we'll have to wait til Cardiff or Dublin.

So BBC say Marler and Hask are fit so by that - Marler, Hartley, Cole, Launch, Kruis, Itoje, Hask, Hughes, Youngs, Ford, May, Farrell, JJ, Nowell and Brown. Bench - Genge, George, Sinkler, Lawes, Wood, Clifford, Care and Daley. 6/2 split could change maybe put Teo on bench depending on Hasks fitness.

Jones has retained a squad of 25 for the week

Forwards - Marler, Mullan, Genge, Hartley, George, Cole, Sinckler, Itoje, Kruis, Launchbury, Lawes, Haskell, Wood, Hughes, Harrison
BAcks - Youngs, Care, Ford, Farrell, Te'o, Joseph, Nowell, May, Brown, Daly

Clear that the extra 2 names are at loosehead and lock because of doubts over Marler and Kruis. Te'o over Slade and Daly at 23 confirmed.

Harrison picked over Clifford to cover the back row from the bench is ********. Apart from that, no complaints from me.

Possible the extra lock means Itoje sliding back with one of the back rows dropping.

I would go with
1) Marler (if fit)
2) Hartley
3) Cole
4) Launchbury
5) Lawes
6) Itoje
7) Haskell/Wood
8) Hughes
9) Youngs
10) Ford
11) May
12) Farrell
13) Joesph
14) Nowell
15) Brown

16) George
17) Genge
18) Sink
19) Kruis
20) Wood/Harrison
21) Care
22) T'eo
23) Daly

France finally have a coach that looks like he has the faintest idea of what he wants to do with the side. But France won't become world beaters overnight and I'm not convinced by the strength of their squad compared to the talent the likes of PSA completely squandered. Hope the lad Serin gets a nod at scrum half. He looks like the the future for them.

England by 20

This really isn't starting well

- - - Updated - - -

Yarde being back with Quins already gives me hope

With May injured he could be recalled. In EJ's 25 man squad the 2 extras were forwards weren't they? A LHP and a lock/back rower. If May's out, Yarde will probably be recalled.

France finally have a coach that looks like he has the faintest idea of what he wants to do with the side. But France won't become world beaters overnight and I'm not convinced by the strength of their squad compared to the talent the likes of PSA completely squandered. Hope the lad Serin gets a nod at scrum half. He looks like the the future for them.

England by 20

The lad Serin is apparently rather good - although I've not seen him play.
There's another scrum half who's turning heads - Dupont of Castres who'll be playing for Toulouse next season!
The future is brightening.

Latest posts