• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] South Africa v Argentina (20/08/2016)

Inexcusable from Argentina. That is a 17 point swing in about a 10 min spell. As usual Argentina can't get the job done when the game is in the balance. That was a complete capitulation when it mattered most.

Well done Boks - through gritted teeth - and what a finish! Did the Pumas run out of steam because that was 17 points in last 10/12 minutes!!

At least Heineken will be happy at his stag do.......

wOW. mY NERVES ARE SHOT. gLAD TO HAVE THE WIN UNDER THE BELT AND SEOM VERY ENTERTAINING STUFF AT TIMES BUT BOTH THESE SIDES ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FIND NEW GEARS IF WE WANT TO BE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS TOURNAMENT. i'M GOING TO LIE DOWN NOW.

Whiteley almost going from hero to zero there. SA definitely edged it I think but could be a different story if Argentina can get dry conditions at home. SA always hit a new level of intensity in the last 15mins when trailing a team they should beat. It's bloody annoying when you are on the receiving end of it.

Does the ex Biarrot captain of the Pumas need an interpreter when he is playing at Worcester?!!

Jfhehendixicgsbsjsugahabsjsnfueuxnxbd

I cannot express in words how angry i am.
We had it and we threw it away, again.

I enjoyed this game. Faf de Klerk was awesome! Guy was far and away the best player on the field. Matera played very well also.

Understandably on wrong thread!!

The 2015 match thread is shown as a sticky on the RC main thread!

Can somebody tell me what the Boks' game plan/tactic is?
THey look a hell of a lot like the Stormers did under Coetsee.... Sort of running into people and hope for a lucky bounce?

I think the guys in the studio were a bit harsh on Goose, I think his preferred position is in the centres anyway and he created 2 tries (one just wasn't taken).

I might have had to clear my throat a few times when he was bawling during the anthem. Damn ninjas cutting onions...

Congrats Boks!

We were better than what I expected. But those last 10 minutes were aful.

So we saw Argentina play much better than the Jaguares, away, to stronger opposition than the Jaguares face - with exactly the same players bar their backup scrum half. What clearer evidence can there be that Perez is not up to the task of coaching the Jaguares. I know he is assistant of be national team but action needs to be taken here or the Jaguares will continue to struggle. I understand Perez has pretty much no major coaching experience prior to his appointment?

Given the players are near identical couldn't they get Hourcade to take over the Jaguares? Japan did it briefly with Hammet at Japan and Sunwolves and it seemed to work okay for both parties. I read speculation that Japan are looking at persuading Jamie Joseph to also double up as club and national team coach. For both Japan and Argentina with just one club it strikes me as the obvious solution and one that would benefit their national teams.

Latest posts