• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] Australia v New Zealand in Sydney (08/08/2015)

HEY!! F###K YOU MAN!!! Sydney rules!! I'm reporting your racist ass!

Oh yeah, and GO WALLABIES!
Is Victorian really a race? I mean they are more like the family member you dont discuss in polite company

I am super surprised by Giteau running out at 12 when they likely knew we were going to run SBW. SBW is going to eat Giteau alive.

Giteau might get the odd one over SBW but he's going to be pretty beat up by the end of the night imo.

Giteau was smashed by the Boks the other week and only through being a gritty little bugger did he stay on the field. He's a tough turkey but this is a real mismatch and the AB's should take full advantage of this.

I am super surprised by Giteau running out at 12 when they likely knew we were going to run SBW. SBW is going to eat Giteau alive.

Giteau might get the odd one over SBW but he's going to be pretty beat up by the end of the night imo.

Giteau was smashed by the Boks the other week and only through being a gritty little bugger did he stay on the field. He's a tough turkey but this is a real mismatch and the AB's should take full advantage of this.

Your nuts if you dont think theres a plan in place for $BW.

Is Victorian really a race? I mean they are more like the family member you dont discuss in polite company

It's a fair question. I'd argue there's a certain Galapagos effect that's taken place at this point and that you could declare them a separate race or even species. The key differentiating factor is an almost unique capacity to generate self-satisfaction..

This guy could be from Melbourne
BL7Vyz_CIAEenzd.jpg:large

- - - Updated - - -

Your nuts if you dont think theres a plan in place for $BW.

I'll thank you to remove the dollar sign from SBW - as a Roosters fan I'll forever be grateful to him for helping us beat Manly in 2013.

You're right that Cheika must have a plan, but I'm still kinda worried - SBW is just such a freak and so powerful.

I'll thank you to remove the dollar sign from SBW - as a Roosters fan I'll forever be grateful to him for helping us beat Manly in 2013.

You're right that Cheika must have a plan, but I'm still kinda worried - SBW is just such a freak and so powerful.

Yeah um no? Playing for the roosters adds to my disdain [emoji6]

He is but if there is a weakness to be found Cheika will find it.

LOL @ Sydney vs. Melbourne :) At least I can afford to own a house... BOOM!

SBW played for the chiefs against the Rebels, he was well covered although Inman has a far better defensive skillset over Giteau, although Chieka will be stupid not to have a plan in place. To be honest, I'd rather be putting a plan in place for SBW than Nonu - Nonu is more unpredictable and damaging as a player.

I've got a lot of respect for Cheika, regardless of the results over the next 2 weekends he's steering the Wallabies in the right direction in terms of their attitude and the impression they make with their fans and the general public - it may not equate to instant results but it will over time.

LOL @ Sydney vs. Melbourne :) At least I can afford to own a house... BOOM!

SBW played for the chiefs against the Rebels, he was well covered although Inman has a far better defensive skillset over Giteau, although Chieka will be stupid not to have a plan in place. To be honest, I'd rather be putting a plan in place for SBW than Nonu - Nonu is more unpredictable and damaging as a player.

I've got a lot of respect for Cheika, regardless of the results over the next 2 weekends he's steering the Wallabies in the right direction in terms of their attitude and the impression they make with their fans and the general public - it may not equate to instant results but it will over time.

Yeah but thats just because melbournes a dump, hense cheap. [emoji6]

Confident of a good game.

Cheika hopefully is given a good shake at it. The Wallabies have destroyed the careers of the last to super rugby winning coachs we had.
But can already see some improvement.

Giteau will be fine, he's a midfield general and SBW is a running hulk. Very different sort of players.
Nonu is carrying an injury so Williams gets a shot, but I don't think he's been looking much chop lately, I hope he steps it up for the big time. He'll need to, Giteau is all class and a bit nuggety in this mature phase of his career.
My main interest is in gauging where this Aussie pack is... if Aussie have a pack that can compete for 80 minutes then this is going to be some RWC.

I can see Giteau being put under huge pressure tonight. Giteau is giving up 25kgs on SBW. It doesn't matter how brave you are, or how good your technic is, that's going to have an impact. He's going to have to go low which will give SBW all the time in the world to find his mark with the offload. And even if does bring him down there's no way he's stopping him from breaking the advantage line. I can also see Savea steaming down his channel as well. I think Foley and Giteau are going to get exposed tonight.

I love all the talk about SBW but the player that will really hurt Australia will be the once coming off the bench - Malakai Fekitoa.

He can almost impossible to handle and when he comes on you can almost guarantee the All Blacks will pick up a try or 2. Possibly the best bench back in world rugby. Its criminal he is not a starter, he would be for any other country.

I can see Giteau being put under huge pressure tonight. Giteau is giving up 25kgs on SBW. It doesn't matter how brave you are, or how good your technic is, that's going to have an impact. He's going to have to go low which will give SBW all the time in the world to find his mark with the offload. And even if does bring him down there's no way he's stopping him from breaking the advantage line. I can also see Savea steaming down his channel as well. I think Foley and Giteau are going to get exposed tonight.

Not picking on you as I know many have commented on Giteau, but it isn't like he will be one on one with SBW very often. On set piece teams usually slide, so Giteau will more likely be covering Smith. On phase play there could be any number of people opposing and likely assisting. He might have to tackle SBW by himself 2 times all game. I guess the key point there is can SBW take advantage of the 4 or 5 times he will get to run at Foley or Giteau and make something happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I love all the talk about SBW but the player that will really hurt Australia will be the once coming off the bench - Malakai Fekitoa.

He can almost impossible to handle and when he comes on you can almost guarantee the All Blacks will pick up a try or 2. Possibly the best bench back in world rugby. Its criminal he is not a starter, he would be for any other country.

I like Fekitoa, but I think he is a bit overrated. He is pretty predictable and one dimensional (albeit very effective at that one dimension). You can count on him to try beat his man in the outside almost every single time. He doesn't vary his angles very often, and more often than not looks to run rather than distribute. I think it's great he does run it all the time because he is so hard to stop and makes a lot of hard metres, I would just like to see him vary it a bit on attack.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Fekitoa, but I think he is a bit overrated. He is pretty predictable and one dimensional (albeit very effective at that one dimension). You can count on him to try beat his man in the outside almost every single time. He doesn't vary his angles very often, and more often than not looks to run rather than distribute. I think it's great he does run it all the time because he is so hard to stop and makes a lot of hard metres, I would just like to see him vary it a bit on attack.

When you look at Umanga and Nonu when they began with the All Blacks people said the same thing about them but they still won the All Blacks games time and time again with their destructive play. Fekitoa seems no different at this stage and I see him continuing the same track as these two players.

With Giteau for me the problem for Australia will be that they have basically 5 players in that one area who are borderline or below average size for the position they are playing. 7 through 12. We saw what SBW did by himself to the pint size argies and I think he's stepped up alot in internationals since his return last year the game against England in particular was up there with anything Conrads done in defence for me yet he still has that offload/power game to really test these guys. The only thing missing in his game is tactical kicking at 12 but Dan, NMS and Ben Smith should be fine.

IF the AB's get alot of set piece scrums on attack I can see them exposing that combination pretty badly. Thing is its unusual for these Aus-AB games to get as much set piece as normal. But I think this game will have more than normal though because of the stakes riding on it.

So what are the predictions for tonight? NZ to score more than the Aussie cricketers in their first innings? Cooper to kick an own goal?

So what are the predictions for tonight? NZ to score more than the Aussie cricketers in their first innings? Cooper to kick an own goal?

Unless Sione Lauaki somehow manages to appear on the field AB's by 12 or more.

Latest posts