• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] Australia v New Zealand in Sydney (08/08/2015)

I never worry too much about the money side of things to be honest, basically cos I dont understand it and I dont care to. I'm purely about the Rugby.

/QUOTE]

Well if you'll look back Sam, you'll see this money issue was my concern from the start.
As I say; if you want to see teams in Samoa more often, Samoa will have to address this rather than sit there and rely on goodwill and charity from the other Nations. This is a professional sport.
If they can address this and make a viable model (or Fiji, Tonga or another smaller nation) then the world would get to see more of these events which would be great.
But the fact remains: teams like the ABs won't incur financial losses on a regular basis. Nor can Samoa afford to lose $1.5M a pop.

Re Nonu.
Yep he (especially) and Smith were split apart by De Allande and Kriel in SA.
As I have said before to the Conrad Smith detractors; everyone can have a bad day at the office.
If I've learnt anything from these guys (and the ABs in general) is that they won't be fooled (or schooled) again.
If Smith and Nonu get the chance to play SA again, they will not let that happen again.

Nonu is still above Williams IMO based on a lot of factors: Experience, all round skill (ie he has a kicking game), and he is the guy you can rely on to break a game open at the death (think back to the Bok game we won at the death, and numerous other times).

Short of Luke Romano (who is really overrated by the selectors IMO) and SBW, that would be close to my starting XV. NMS has been great at fullback, but we know he can do very well on the wing and it's probably his best shot for a late push for selection.

The famous POOPER will have its toughest test

Wallabies starting XV:

1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore (c)
3. Sekope Kepu
4. James Horwill
5. Dean Mumm
6. Scott Fardy
7. Michael Hooper
8. David Pocock
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Matt Giteau
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper
15. Israel Folau

Reserves

16. Polota-Nau
17. Slipper
18. Holmes
19. Skelton
20. McCalman
21. White
22. Toomua
23. Beale

Last edited:
The famous POOPER will have its toughest test

Wallabies starting XV:

1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore (c)
3. Sekope Kepu
4. James Horwill
5. Dean Mumm
6. Scott Fardy
7. Michael Hooper
8. David Pocock
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Matt Giteau
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper
15. Israel Folau

Reserves

16. Polota-Nau
17. Slipper
18. Holmes
19. Skelton
20. McCalman
21. White
22. Toomua
23. Beale

Interesting Australian lineup. Other than Hooper and to an extent Mumm, there aren't many worrying ball carrying options in the starting forwards. That backline though looks very, very good.

I never worry too much about the money side of things to be honest, basically cos I dont understand it and I dont care to. I'm purely about the Rugby.

/QUOTE]

Well if you'll look back Sam, you'll see this money issue was my concern from the start.
As I say; if you want to see teams in Samoa more often, Samoa will have to address this rather than sit there and rely on goodwill and charity from the other Nations. This is a professional sport.
If they can address this and make a viable model (or Fiji, Tonga or another smaller nation) then the world would get to see more of these events which would be great.
But the fact remains: teams like the ABs won't incur financial losses on a regular basis. Nor can Samoa afford to lose $1.5M a pop.

Re Nonu.
Yep he (especially) and Smith were split apart by De Allande and Kriel in SA.
As I have said before to the Conrad Smith detractors; everyone can have a bad day at the office.
If I've learnt anything from these guys (and the ABs in general) is that they won't be fooled (or schooled) again.
If Smith and Nonu get the chance to play SA again, they will not let that happen again.

Nonu is still above Williams IMO based on a lot of factors: Experience, all round skill (ie he has a kicking game), and he is the guy you can rely on to break a game open at the death (think back to the Bok game we won at the death, and numerous other times).

Look I said before, I dont care about the money so please just drop it.

I'm just happy for my country that the test was played so stop worrying about the money. Worry about your own money, I say. I already told you before where I stand with the money side of things. Money, money..with all this talk about money it makes no sense to hate on SBW cos hes about??.. MONEY! Not saying that you hate SBW.

Like I said I just dont care and the buck stops there.

Totally agree with you on Nonu. Like I said, no one needs to preach to me about Nonu. I had his back even when he wasnt so great so dont worry about that.

Nonu is just another strong P.I man in the All Black centres following the likes of Tana Umaga, Eroni Clarke, John Schuster, Joe Stanley, Frank Bunce etc..

Last edited:

strong side

The AB's have won 2 from 2 without really getting out of 3rd gear, 3rd gear may be enough to win this game as well but if they get into 4th Australia have no chance.

I'm not the biggest Romano fan but he's looked good so far, a solid game here could see him nail a WC place. But I really want to see Broadhurst get another run. Much more potential than Romano & Thrush.

So happy to see Ben Smith get a run at the back I'm not so secretly hoping that he has a great game & convinces the selectors that's the best place to use him, Huge game for Ben Smith, the public want him at 15 this is his beg chance to convince the selectors, knowing Piutau is an excellent option at 14 for the WC IMO that's the best combo for this year Savea, Piutau & Smith. Also hope Nehe nails it but it's hard to look past piutau after his last few games. Expect to see a lot of ball come flying Nehe's way.

Really interesting to see Laulala get selected on such a regular basis. It would seem he's well and truly up in the pecking order and a likely WC squad selection. He's done a nice job off the bench.

Strong bench, look for Perenara, Barrett & Fekitoa to get things boiling in the last 20. Perenara's made huge strides the last two games.

Look I said before, I dont care about the money so please just drop it.

I'm just happy for my country that the test was played so stop worrying about the money. Worry about your own money, I say. I already told you before where I stand with the money side of things. Money, money..with all this talk about money it makes no sense to hate on SBW cos hes about??.. MONEY! Not saying that you hate SBW.

Like I said I just dont care and the buck stops there.

Totally agree with you on Nonu. Like I said, no one needs to preach to me about Nonu. I had his back even when he wasnt so great so dont worry about that.

Nonu is just another strong P.I man in the All Black centres following the likes of Tana Umaga, Eroni Clarke, John Schuster, Joe Stanley, Frank Bunce etc..

Great debating style.. ignore the real, relevant points and go off on tangents. You can't lose!
..in your own head anyway

Richie McCaw is just another strong caucasian man in the ABs forwards following the likes of Colin Meads, Sean Fitzpatrick, Zinzan Brooke, Wilson Whineray etc...
Not sure what that has to do with any point previously, but seeing as you were saying completely irrelevant and meaningless things I thought i'd join you.

Great debating style.. ignore the real, relevant points and go off on tangents. You can't lose!
..in your own head anyway

Richie McCaw is just another strong caucasian man in the ABs forwards following the likes of Colin Meads, Sean Fitzpatrick, Zinzan Brooke, Wilson Whineray etc...
Not sure what that has to do with any point previously, but seeing as you were saying completely irrelevant and meaningless things I thought i'd join you.

Flukey stop it now please. You're going off track. Next minute you'll be messaging me regarding racism and all other stuff you made up. Grow up and move on please.

Wallabies named:

WALLABIES (1-15): Scott Sio, Stephen Moore (captain), Sekope Kepu, Dean Mumm, James Horwill, Scott Fardy, Michael Hooper, David Pocock, Nick Phipps, Bernard Foley, Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, Tevita Kuridrani, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Israel Folau
Reserves: Tatafu Polota-Nau, James Slipper, Greg Holmes, Will Skelton, Ben McCalman, Nic White, Matt Toomua, Kurtley Beale

Solid side generally - glad to see no sign of Cooper, but a 10-12 pairing of Foley and Giteau could be a bit of a defensive liability with the size of the AB's midfield.

Not terribly confident we'll be able to match it with the ABs, but I hope the boys put on a good show all the same.

Wallabies named:

WALLABIES (1-15): Scott Sio, Stephen Moore (captain), Sekope Kepu, Dean Mumm, James Horwill, Scott Fardy, Michael Hooper, David Pocock, Nick Phipps, Bernard Foley, Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, Tevita Kuridrani, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Israel Folau
Reserves: Tatafu Polota-Nau, James Slipper, Greg Holmes, Will Skelton, Ben McCalman, Nic White, Matt Toomua, Kurtley Beale

Solid side generally - glad to see no sign of Cooper, but a 10-12 pairing of Foley and Giteau could be a bit of a defensive liability with the size of the AB's midfield.

Not terribly confident we'll be able to match it with the ABs, but I hope the boys put on a good show all the same.
Liking that side. Pretty much a full strength side for me and even better no Quade.
With a few games with this line up can do some damage come cup time

I'm off track? read your last message mate.
You left the track long ago. You're running blindly through the undergrowth now.

Nonu. I was talking about Nonu, the centres and previous powerhouse All Black CENTRES. Far out.

McCaw a centre? Mate grow up. Really youre just annoying. You always have something to say negatively when it comes to P.I things. Its like you try to belittle Polynesians efforts in NZ sport. Do I do that to my brother caucasians? NOO! So just stop it.

Us P.Is are one of the hard men of NZ sport. Theres no doubting that when you look at physical sports. League: Steve Matai, Joe Vagana etc.. Boxing: David Tua, Joesph Parker etc.. Kickboxing: Ray Sefo, Jason Suttie etc.. MMA: Mark Hunt etc..

Not hard to see the Polynesians have carrying NZ in the physical sports.

Nonu. I was talking about Nonu, the centres and previous powerhouse All Black CENTRES. Far out.

McCaw a centre? Mate grow up. Really youre just annoying. You always have something to say negatively when it comes to P.I things. Its like you try to belittle Polynesians efforts in NZ sport. Do I do that to my brother caucasians? NOO! So just stop it.

Us P.Is are one of the hard men of NZ sport. Theres no doubting that when you look at physical sports. League: Steve Matai, Joe Vagana etc.. Boxing: David Tua, Joesph Parker etc.. Kickboxing: Ray Sefo, Jason Suttie etc.. MMA: Mark Hunt etc..

Not hard to see the Polynesians have carrying NZ in the physical sports.

What the hell are you talking about??

If you're going to accuse me of racism you better come up with some ****ing evidence pal.
Only one that seems to be bringing up race is you. And i am certainly NOT a racist.

Lets see your evidence. Stop spouting **** and show evidence of me being racist. Show me evidence of where I have belittled polynesians.
Put your money where your mouth is. Man up, or shut the **** up

I was expecting more Aussie v Kiwi banter. Not kiwi v kiwi racial war...

WTF

I was expecting more Aussie v Kiwi banter. Not kiwi v kiwi racial war...

WTF

Sorry mate - I have to defend myself here.
Guys like Sam that casually throw racism accusations around when they can't validate a point shouldn't even be on these boards.

Sorry mate - I have to defend myself here.
Guys like Sam that casually throw racism accusations around when they can't validate a point shouldn't even be on these boards.

Yeah Im going to have to report you. Just insulting other posters when Ive said PLEASE stop but you keep going on.

Latest posts