• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: New Zealand vs. Georgia (02/10/2015)

Points I'm not concerned with. It doesn't matter, they're playing like ****. I was hoping they'd be past any RWC nerves and things would be set. It doesn't look like that though, they're just not going to be magically ready to play France or Ireland in the quarters.

Dan carter couldn't kick his own backside in that half, and then none of our boys seem to be able to hold on to the pill.
A shabby dress rehearsal before the Big Show?

With any luck they bring Peranara to 10 early in the second half. It'll be good just for the laugh when he totally outplays Carter....

Poor performance by NZ so far. You can see they are getting frustrated by the slow pace of the game. Similar to the 2nd half of last week with the stoppages around scrum and all. But the stoppages are due to their errors.

In saying all that I'm sure come knock out they won't be throwing the ball around like this.

I would prefer them going into quarters with unhappy performances rather than good performances against weaker teams.

Last black try, the last pass was obviously forward...****** me off that referees do not say anything, it was an obvious forward from McCaw, no doubt about it.

Missed most of the first half, another top team misfiring?

That try by Naholo. The speed is ridiculous! I hope they get him upto speed and play him against the big teams. Savea to me just doesnt bring much of anything that another player like Fekitoa or SBW out on the wing couldnt do with MORE accuracy.

Kinda similar to a try Naholo scored vs the Chiefs in super rugby. He has this weird sense to run back inside field and has the ridiculous amounts of gas needed to pull that off without the cover even getting close.

Last edited:
Missed most of the first half, another top team misfiring?

Hard to say... They're just not getting into any rhythm because whenever they try a set they're out of sync, throw a poor pass etc.

Things is the AB's are really trying to play this attacking fast paced no holds bared rugby, we all know they won't play so reckless against a good team in the knockout games, so that part is covered.

The silly mistakes are a concern as they are the same we had against Namibia.

Naholo looking really average, lost a couple of balls, timing is off quite a bit of chasing and contesting the high ball, at this stage you would say starting right is NMS unless they play Naholo in the Tonga game and he has a massive improvement.

Georgia look really good though, they are playing with heart and just giving it all.

after such games will play against Germany and Belgium? Where's the justice?

Earth, wind, water, fire.. with your powers combined I am captain Richie McCaaaaw.

Fair play to Georgia. Rocked back a few times by AB thunder, but they're keeping themselves in it.

Most interesting thing for me was disruption of AB scrum and maul + defensive ball-spiller hits in the middle.

Looks like world rugby has taken a step up.

Gahh, frustrating stuff. Third match riddled with handling errors. Not filling all with confidence..

Things is the AB's are really trying to play this attacking fast paced no holds bared rugby, we all know they won't play so reckless against a good team in the knockout games, so that part is covered.

The silly mistakes are a concern as they are the same we had against Namibia.

Naholo looking really average, lost a couple of balls, timing is off quite a bit of chasing and contesting the high ball, at this stage you would say starting right is NMS unless they play Naholo in the Tonga game and he has a massive improvement.

Georgia look really good though, they are playing with heart and just giving it all.

Naholo should be on the other wing for starters and he's been no worse than anybody else in the team. I think Conrad and SBW have been about the only back that have been quite good.

Latest posts