• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] Argentina v Australia in Mendoza (04/10/2014)

The Folau yellow card was reversed Sanzar. It was lowered to simply a penalty as Owens realized he pulled out the card too quickly.

Managed to miss that somehow. Shows how quick to the pocket he was all the same.

Have to say Hooper didn't manage the game with a clearly already hostile Owens though and just made things worse... We need more maturity in our leadership

Holy Christ Aus are bad. No leader, no creativity.
Congratulations Pumas, enjoy the win.

I'm afraid your right my Welsh friend, Hooper is an excellent player but a leader, perhaps not. I'm really stressing for the day's of old. Well done Puma's, excellent scrummage - excellent to watch (although painful).

Looks like they found the culprit!

032314_0747_HowMuchWoul1.png

I thought it might be.....

915553-kurtley-beale.jpg

I thought both teams were awful to watch. Leagues apart from the NZ v SA players.

Managed to miss that somehow. Shows how quick to the pocket he was all the same.

Have to say Hooper didn't manage the game with a clearly already hostile Owens though and just made things worse... We need more maturity in our leadership

Yes, your right. Hooper is encouraging dissent which is not a good trait for a leader.

I thought both teams were awful to watch. Leagues apart from the NZ v SA players.

Really, the one thing that bugs Australians about NZ'ers is that there never happy unless their touting themselves. This forum is about AU v's ARG, not Rugby vs' the Dole bro'.

Different conditions, different stakes, neither side fielding their top side, it was never going to be SA vs. NZ but it was compelling and there were a few good moments amongst the errors and poor decisions.

Wow, what an embarrassment. I've been a dire hard union fan my whole life and can honestly say I have only missed a handful of Wallaby games over the past decade but I think I may have to take a break from this game. I don't mind losing, real fans stick by their teams during the tough times but the standard of referring and complete inconsistency of the laws and interpretations of rugby union is killing it for me and killing union in Australia.

• How did the referees not see the ball grounded for Kuridrani's second try, especially when it was clearly shown as grounded on TV? I remain amazed at how often the TMO's make mistakes.
  • How did Hooper get yellow carded for an attempted charge down when he jumped first? Anyone who thinks that it was a penalty on Hooper's part needs should read the rules again.
  • How did Folau get carded (later reversed) but penalized for tackling a player in the air when he was pushed in the back? Was the shoving in Folau's back not (a) a penalty in the first place and (b) what caused Folau to hit the man in the air?
  • Why were the Argentinians allowed in the ruck from the side but not Australia? This is subjective.
  • Why was Argentina allowed to kick and play the ball on the ground but not the Wallabies? This is subjective too.

I could go on and on.

Still cannot believe they just lost to Argentina. What a complete an utter disgrace.

NRL Grand Final will begin shortly. While I will always be a union man, every time I watch the league - I cannot help but wish the athletes on display were eligible to wear the green and gold.

Lastly, credit needs to given where it is due. Congratulations to Argentina on their first RC win. As much as I hated that game, I think everyone would agree the Pumas deserved to walk away from the 2014 RC with a win.

Last edited:
Rubbish match.. And the lasers. What a fcuken disgrace on argentine rugby.

They need to sort that crap out.

You must acknowledge that Aussies are more concerned about League than Union, they have the money and manpower to crush NZ, if they wanted. Australia is losing interest in the Union, that's negative for rugby world. If League and Union come together in a unique code, Aussies could crush All Blacks as cockroaches. Australia has five Super rugby franchises, plus 15 franchises from NRL, so...

Last edited:
How did the referees not see the ball grounded for Kuridrani's second try, especially when it was clearly shown as grounded on TV? I remain amazed at how often the TMO's make mistakes.

Not sure. I guess the TMO needed evidence to confirm it was a try. Personally I couldn't see any 100% confirmation that it was a try. Nothing to say it wasn't either though.

How did Hooper get yellow carded for an attempted charge down when he jumped first? Anyone who thinks that it was a penalty on Hooper's part needs should read the rules again.

No idea. Stupid, stupid ref. Looked hilarious though.

How did Folau get carded (later reversed) but penalized for tackling a player in the air when he was pushed in the back? Was the shoving in Folau's back not (a) a penalty in the first place and (b) what caused Folau to hit the man in the air?

Don't think that counts as a tackle. Good they reversed it though.

------------------------

What I still don't get, is why are the Argies allowed to have that laser light. I know it's not the team doing it (or maybe it is? lol). But everytime the laserlight is used, and the kick missed, the kicker should get another shot, that would be a very quick way to stop that from happening.

You must acknowledge that Aussies are more concerned about League than Union, they have the money and manpower to crush NZ, if they wanted. Australia is losing interest in the Union, that's negative for rugby world. If League and Union come together in a unique code, Aussies could crush All Blacks as cockroaches. Australia has five Super rugby franchises, plus 15 franchises from NRL, so...

No, that's simply not true. They've been trying, and trying, and trying, for decades to be better than the AB's. And sometimes they are better. In the early 2000's the Wallabies were better for example.

The Warriors hold their own too. Not sure what you're getting at, they just missed out on the top 8 finals.

To suggest that Australia could simply just throw money and man power at this is silly. That's what they've been doing. For more than a decade.

In regards to being more concerned with League than NRL, that's true. But only because the Wallabies are going through a rough patch. Fair weather supporters etc etc.

Vamos vamooooooooooooos! Argentinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Vamos vamoooooooooooooooooossssssssssss A ganar!!!!!!!!!!!!

Que esta bandaaaaaaaaa, quilomberaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! No te deja, no te deja de alentaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

141005060354983786.jpg

Dale campeoooooooooooooon Dale campeonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn daleeee campeooooooooooooooooooooon dale campeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeon
Dale campeoooooooooooooon Dale campeonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn daleeee campeooooooooooooooooooooon dale campeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeon

141005061108439444.jpg

Latest posts