• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] Argentina v Australia in Mendoza (04/10/2014)

Been partying all day (and night) Conrad?
How has this been received in Argentina? (The match, not the YMCA)

I WAS THERE, AND I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT DAY IN MY LIFE. THANK YOU PUMAS FOR THAT JOY. (The ass face from the aussies fans in the stadium.... priceless)
fotos celular ale 046.jpg

Last edited:

:bananarock::banswor::devban::carrot::bana::weightliftingnaner::banana-doob::ps3banana::bananasperm::xena_banana::banana_flip:

Last edited by a moderator:
You must acknowledge that Aussies are more concerned about League than Union, they have the money and manpower to crush NZ, if they wanted. Australia is losing interest in the Union, that's negative for rugby world. If League and Union come together in a unique code, Aussies could crush All Blacks as cockroaches. Australia has five Super rugby franchises, plus 15 franchises from NRL, so...

Dude put the crack pipe down, celebration time is over :)

:dance2::dance3::dance2::dance3::dance2::dance3::dance2::dance3::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance3::dance2:

It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

They have everything for you men to enjoy,
You can hang out with all the boys ...

You can get yourself cleaned, you can have a good meal,
You can do whatever you feel ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

having this gay theme... is it wrong for me to say.... "ARG came from behind.... ":roflrol:

Congrats to Argentina :) Must say teams underestimate you guys!

I WAS THERE, AND I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT DAY IN MY LIFE. THANK YOU PUMAS FOR THAT JOY. (The ass face from the aussies fans in the stadium.... priceless)
View attachment 3327

Congratulations, amazing come from behind comeback victory.
Aussie are no slouches on the International rugby circuit and now can we please put to bed these supercilious northern hemisphere posts regarding Argentina's right to be in the RC.

Argentina are a valuable participant in the RC and they will improve over time, just like Italy have come along following their introduction to the 6 Nations tournament.
The Pumas need time and they learn fast and they compete effectively.
If any 6 Nations team were to replace Argentina in the RC, they would also be the perennial wooden spooners. At least for the first three years.

just watched the game last night, well done Argentina.

How was the commentators saying Hooper should not have been carded for that challenge on Sanchez?

just watched the game last night, well done Argentina.

How was the commentators saying Hooper should not have been carded for that challenge on Sanchez?

Were you listening to the Australian commentary? If you were the answer is the Australian commentators are idiots. I was forced to turn it to mute after listening to them moan for 5 minutes that Kuridrani should have been awarded his 2nd try (showing a complete lack of understanding of the TMO protocols).

Were you listening to the Australian commentary? If you were the answer is the Australian commentators are idiots. I was forced to turn it to mute after listening to them moan for 5 minutes that Kuridrani should have been awarded his 2nd try (showing a complete lack of understanding of the TMO protocols).

yeah, it's insane.

they either slagged off their own players, or slagged off the ref's for not reffing nit heir favour... not a positive comment the whole game.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

having this gay theme... is it wrong for me to say.... "ARG came from behind.... ":roflrol:

:bananarock::banswor::bananarock::banswor::bananarock::banswor::bananarock::banswor::bananarock::banswor::bananarock::banswor::bananarock::banswor::bananarock::banswor:

Hi people, this is my presentation post, I've been lurking this place for a lot of time -that means a year by now. I've been waiting over a week to read the answer I was waiting and thought this matter -argentinian rugby- deserved. But it did not come, so here I am.

Before writing anything else, I must say I'm argentinian, though I've been several years living in europe (and many more I'll stay). That is relevant, because my older cousins, my father, my uncles and pretty much my entire family has played rugby in Argentina, and my rugby culture is entirely porteña. So the other argentinians may be are comprehensive about my ideology and its flaws.

And my english its pretty poor.

There are many reasons why this victory is important, but in first place comes the fact that is deserved. Is not a scratched victory over a team we weren't able to defeat tactically or strategically, but one in wich los pumas were able to destroy australian game to the point they were only themselves in the first 20'. The rest of the game, even when Australia had the ball, was absolutely argentinian, because the defense was brilliant when it came to close the gaps, put the effort in breaking the strongest men (here some credit to Horacio Agulla, who is uncapable of scoring a try even if we gave him an empty pitch, but does many little dirty jobs in every single match, in this case against a beat like Kuridrani) and holding it when they had open field to run. Los Pumas were the protagonists of this match, and I don't think anybody would say the contrary. And from that, the most obvious points are:

-It wasn't the first time, same thing with the match against the Springboks (the second) and even against the All Blacks in some periods, capable of breaking the defense a couple of times more than most of teams.

-It has been proved that Argentina can produce a coach who is at the highest level: Daniel Hourcade received this team less than a year ago, with internal problemas (politics), with a very obsolete playing scheme (slow rucks, kick, pressure, tackle, receive the kick in response and complete a phase with forwards, lose the ball and try it again) and misdirection since Phelan took charge. From last November till today, the pumas have change thousands of things, kids who are in early twentys and don't play pro rugby come into a game against the Springboks and don't become a matter of laugh, the half-scrum plays amateur rugby and doesn't screw it up every time he gets the ball, and more importantly, made everybody believe it was posible to play this way, and be followed in his ideal. I give Hourcade A++ and my personal thinks for this.

-Argentina can produce brilliant young players who, in their early twenties, can come into an internacional game and be functional and good. Not at the level of AB's or Boks or Wallabies, who can pull some Beauden Barrett off every single time the need and if it was so easy, but we're getting closer and closer. Nobody mentioned that we replaced the best scrum prop in the world (and I'm sorry, but I take no question in this one), Chipi Figallo, and we were very much dominant in that aspect. And those who are after him Mati Díaz and so, are, in my opinion, better than Herrera. When the time comes, replacing Ayerza will be no problem at all.

-Agustin Creevey proved to be a sensational captain, a fair choice over Fernández Lobbe (and it wasn't an easy choice), and the strongest ball-carrier Argentina has had over the last... ten years? Genius gordo for us, we've been waiting very long after Ledesma's retirement, but it's worth it.

-Not everything is shiny. I hate Martín Landajo with all the hate I can reserve to somebody who plays devotedly and passionetly for us, and he obviously is a ver commited player. But he is horrible. There is a play in the first match against the AB's, in wich he takes on a crazy ball and kicks it out of the 22... and gives it to Julian Savea like a gift, like a guy who takes his sister and introduces her to an abstinent soldier in a time of war and tells them to have fun. I felt literally he deserved to be expulsed of the national team in that very same moment with no posibility of return.

And the greatest of argentinian flaws was fixed. I'm talking the one that made Juan Martín Hernández wait from 2003 till 2006 to explode, because it wasn't until 2011 Argentina was able to produce young stars in the junior RWC and prepair them to give the jump into international rugby. This year we've missed Camacho and, over everyone else, Santiago Cordero, but it will happen anytime soon. And this is because of the structural changes made in UAR and argentinian rugby in general, something any of the anglosaxon commentators have mentioned -probably because they have no idea. It was so easy to crew it up, but they didn't. So often we see argentinian politics, organizations and staff becoming a mess (how is that a country with pretty much every single natural resource is so poor? well...) that, when they do things properly, we need to say it. We need to support good, decent and serious job and an excellent work ethic. And Pichot and some guys over there have made it. With some flaws, of course, the distribution of money wasn't allways fair (the guys in the interior of the country didn't receive us much of money as guys in the URBA or something) and interior problems have occurred, but today there are many players from Tucumán, Córdoba, Rosario and other places, and the taboo of including people who is not from Buenos Aires it's being broken (probably because the coach is tucumano). In other words, the culture of argentinian rugby is changing due to structural reforms that come from the organization, and that is so hard to do, and it what so easy to screw it, that I can only be thanful everything was ok.

I'll continue a bit more...

Of course not everything is shiny: the election of Creevey as captain may have something to do more with politics than rugby, there are periods in the match in wich you can't see a real game plan when the off-load, field expanding strategy fails, some players seem to repeat old profiles (for example, Montero is uncapable of tackling, just like Amorosino and Imhoff), set pieces only worked brilliantly in the first two games against Boks, and were a major trouble against the AB's, some players are more one-dimensional than they seem to be (Fernández, for example), and even more importantly, there were lasers again.

So ashamed of that. Dammit, it hurts every time I see it. But I realize is a matter of lack of rugby culture and a fistful of horrible football culture. If we ask it in every match, make some commercials or something, we may be able to change this disgraceful habit, make them realize this is not the sport to do that.

But if there was any time to be a bit self-indulgent, a bit optimistic, it is now. I can't wait to fall internationals, maybe even able to go and see them live. From today to next year, everything about the pumas is so exciting...

anyway, thanks for reading.

Hi people, this is my presentation post, I've been lurking this place for a lot of time -that means a year by now. I've been waiting over a week to read the answer I was waiting and thought this matter -argentinian rugby- deserved. But it did not come, so here I am.

Before writing anything else, I must say I'm argentinian, though I've been several years living in europe (and many more I'll stay). That is relevant, because my older cousins, my father, my uncles and pretty much my entire family has played rugby in Argentina, and my rugby culture is entirely porteña. So the other argentinians may be are comprehensive about my ideology and its flaws.

And my english its pretty poor.

There are many reasons why this victory is important, but in first place comes the fact that is deserved. Is not a scratched victory over a team we weren't able to defeat tactically or strategically, but one in wich los pumas were able to destroy australian game to the point they were only themselves in the first 20'. The rest of the game, even when Australia had the ball, was absolutely argentinian, because the defense was brilliant when it came to close the gaps, put the effort in breaking the strongest men (here some credit to Horacio Agulla, who is uncapable of scoring a try even if we gave him an empty pitch, but does many little dirty jobs in every single match, in this case against a beat like Kuridrani) and holding it when they had open field to run. Los Pumas were the protagonists of this match, and I don't think anybody would say the contrary. And from that, the most obvious points are:

-It wasn't the first time, same thing with the match against the Springboks (the second) and even against the All Blacks in some periods, capable of breaking the defense a couple of times more than most of teams.

-It has been proved that Argentina can produce a coach who is at the highest level: Daniel Hourcade received this team less than a year ago, with internal problemas (politics), with a very obsolete playing scheme (slow rucks, kick, pressure, tackle, receive the kick in response and complete a phase with forwards, lose the ball and try it again) and misdirection since Phelan took charge. From last November till today, the pumas have change thousands of things, kids who are in early twentys and don't play pro rugby come into a game against the Springboks and don't become a matter of laugh, the half-scrum plays amateur rugby and doesn't screw it up every time he gets the ball, and more importantly, made everybody believe it was posible to play this way, and be followed in his ideal. I give Hourcade A++ and my personal thinks for this.

-Argentina can produce brilliant young players who, in their early twenties, can come into an internacional game and be functional and good. Not at the level of AB's or Boks or Wallabies, who can pull some Beauden Barrett off every single time the need and if it was so easy, but we're getting closer and closer. Nobody mentioned that we replaced the best scrum prop in the world (and I'm sorry, but I take no question in this one), Chipi Figallo, and we were very much dominant in that aspect. And those who are after him Mati Díaz and so, are, in my opinion, better than Herrera. When the time comes, replacing Ayerza will be no problem at all.

-Agustin Creevey proved to be a sensational captain, a fair choice over Fernández Lobbe (and it wasn't an easy choice), and the strongest ball-carrier Argentina has had over the last... ten years? Genius gordo for us, we've been waiting very long after Ledesma's retirement, but it's worth it.

-Not everything is shiny. I hate Martín Landajo with all the hate I can reserve to somebody who plays devotedly and passionetly for us, and he obviously is a ver commited player. But he is horrible. There is a play in the first match against the AB's, in wich he takes on a crazy ball and kicks it out of the 22... and gives it to Julian Savea like a gift, like a guy who takes his sister and introduces her to an abstinent soldier in a time of war and tells them to have fun. I felt literally he deserved to be expulsed of the national team in that very same moment with no posibility of return.

And the greatest of argentinian flaws was fixed. I'm talking the one that made Juan Martín Hernández wait from 2003 till 2006 to explode, because it wasn't until 2011 Argentina was able to produce young stars in the junior RWC and prepair them to give the jump into international rugby. This year we've missed Camacho and, over everyone else, Santiago Cordero, but it will happen anytime soon. And this is because of the structural changes made in UAR and argentinian rugby in general, something any of the anglosaxon commentators have mentioned -probably because they have no idea. It was so easy to crew it up, but they didn't. So often we see argentinian politics, organizations and staff becoming a mess (how is that a country with pretty much every single natural resource is so poor? well...) that, when they do things properly, we need to say it. We need to support good, decent and serious job and an excellent work ethic. And Pichot and some guys over there have made it. With some flaws, of course, the distribution of money wasn't allways fair (the guys in the interior of the country didn't receive us much of money as guys in the URBA or something) and interior problems have occurred, but today there are many players from Tucumán, Córdoba, Rosario and other places, and the taboo of including people who is not from Buenos Aires it's being broken (probably because the coach is tucumano). In other words, the culture of argentinian rugby is changing due to structural reforms that come from the organization, and that is so hard to do, and it what so easy to screw it, that I can only be thanful everything was ok.

I'll continue a bit more...

Of course not everything is shiny: the election of Creevey as captain may have something to do more with politics than rugby, there are periods in the match in wich you can't see a real game plan when the off-load, field expanding strategy fails, some players seem to repeat old profiles (for example, Montero is uncapable of tackling, just like Amorosino and Imhoff), set pieces only worked brilliantly in the first two games against Boks, and were a major trouble against the AB's, some players are more one-dimensional than they seem to be (Fernández, for example), and even more importantly, there were lasers again.

So ashamed of that. Dammit, it hurts every time I see it. But I realize is a matter of lack of rugby culture and a fistful of horrible football culture. If we ask it in every match, make some commercials or something, we may be able to change this disgraceful habit, make them realize this is not the sport to do that.

But if there was any time to be a bit self-indulgent, a bit optimistic, it is now. I can't wait to fall internationals, maybe even able to go and see them live. From today to next year, everything about the pumas is so exciting...

anyway, thanks for reading.

Have u ever played rugby?

I don't see how an ad hominem point is going to lead us to anything constructive but anyway: yes, I played rugby my entire life. In fact I'm so bad at futbol that when I tell I'm from argentina, people barely believe me lol

I don't see how an ad hominem point is going to lead us to anything constructive but anyway: yes, I played rugby my entire life. In fact I'm so bad at futbol that when I tell I'm from argentina, people barely believe me lol

Great to have another Argentine on the forum, Horacito! Your English is very good, I wouldn't worry about it.

WTF his post is focking brilliant. Stop acting like you are the macho alpha of southamerican users and give credit to GREAT post when it is deserved.

Mariano, ignore him, he's just a tremendous asshole. Everybody in the forum knows it.

It's just a question. Welcome to the forum Horacito Agulla! :thumbup:
Do you like Super Rugby?

Mariano, ignore him, he's just a tremendous asshole. Everybody in the forum knows it.

WTF his post is focking brilliant. Stop acting like you are the macho alpha of southamerican users and give credit to GREAT post when it is deserved.

Ok, girls. November is the last month for both, then we have to wait until the next Rugby Championship to see you around here again.

Last edited:

Latest posts