• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 TRC] Argentina v Australia in Mendoza (04/10/2014)

Seemed like a man love orgy in the Pumas coaching box after the final whistle. Reminded me of the South Park man orgy episode to stop gewback immigration.

Proves Argentina are a very very good side. They just make alot of silly mistakes. Imagine if they didnt make so many mistakes. They'd just about beat anybody imo. Thats something to think about...

IF they sort their **** out by next year they could even pose a major problem for NZ in the pool play. That scrum is just an enormous weapon for them if they use it right and cut down the silly errors elsewhere in their game wow.

I have to add for me Australia is actually worse under Mckenzie than Deans. Overall I do feel Deans is the better coach than him.

Folau at fullback is wasted and Beale should of been back there instead. They either need to drop Beale outright and forget about him if he was involved in the distraction earlier in the week or put him at FB and keep him there imo.

Hooper is not upto captaincy level at international level yet.

Last edited:
Holy Christ Aus are bad. No leader, no creativity.
Congratulations Pumas, enjoy the win.

Well that was painful. I honestly can't believe the three yellow cards - just completely ridiculous from Owens and we didn't deserve to play with 14 men for 30 minutes. All the same, we can't really blame the ref because we got completely owned in the forwards and our attack just looked lateral and predictable after the first 15 minutes. All in all I'd say that's probably the worst I've seen the Wallabies play since they lost to Scotland in Newcastle. Just very very dumb rugby...

I really would like to hear from all those people who said we'd be so much better off under and "Aussie" coach...

Vamos pumas vamos!!!!!!!!!!!! Pongaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan huevos que ganamos

para vos futbolero puto!!!!!!!!!! Te queres matar, futbolero putoooooooooooooooooooo

jojojojojojojojojojojojojo

In the spirit of the celebrations in the Pumas coaching box, I've decided mucho reputación!!!

Well that was painful. I honestly can't believe the three yellow cards - just completely ridiculous from Owens and we didn't deserve to play with 14 men for 30 minutes. All the same, we can't really blame the ref because we got completely owned in the forwards and our attack just looked lateral and predictable after the first 15 minutes. All in all I'd say that's probably the worst I've seen the Wallabies play since they lost to Scotland in Newcastle. Just very very dumb rugby...

I really would like to hear from all those people who said we'd be so much better off under and "Aussie" coach...

Im sorry but there was only two yellow cards. And i think the two are deserved.

FACK YES WE ARE NOW ALL THOSE "WALLABIES BY 40" COMMENTS???????? :bananarock:

Ahora venis a opinar vos, banana???????????????? Fijate quien estuvo opinando SIEMPRE y fiajte quien aparece con los triunfos. PAYASO!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you're talking about rugby ??? And what happened before ?? Were you on vacation?

Only two yellows and both were clearly deserved.

Phipps kicked the ball away and you can't do that just because you are the tackler. That penalty was preceded by clear warnings. The Hooper yellow was clearly deserved. He may have been trying to charge the ball down but he tackled a player in the air without the ball and did not use his arms. You do not try and charge the ball down with your back. That was one of the clearest yellows you could see. I mean Hogg got red carded earlier in the year for a tackle which was just as dangerous.

Ahora venis a opinar vos, banana???????????????? Fijate quien estuvo opinando SIEMPRE y fiajte quien aparece con los triunfos. PAYASO!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you're talking about rugby ??? And what happened before ?? Were you on vacation?

Yo qué? yo vine a postear en todos los partidos del torneo, incluso en los garrones de derrotas por 2 o 3 pts. No tengo miles de posts como vos, pero justo me vas a reprochar eso?

Aparte si es por bancar al equipo, fijate la primera página del thread quién tenía más fe, si vos o yo... tranqui conrad, hoy hay que celebrar, no da pelear y menos entre argentinos.

Yo qué? yo vine a postear en todos los partidos del torneo, incluso en los garrones de derrotas por 2 o 3 pts. No tengo miles de posts como vos, pero justo me vas a reprochar eso?

Aparte si es por bancar al equipo, fijate la primera página del thread quién tenía más fe, si vos o yo... tranqui conrad, hoy hay que celebrar, no da pelear y menos entre argentinos.

Sos un paracaidista del rugby. Si tengo mas mensajes que vos, por algo seraaaaaaaaaaa

Sos un paracaidista del rugby. Si tengo mas mensajes que vos, por algo seraaaaaaaaaaa

Whatever, yo no estoy acá para medir si otro la tiene más grande que yo. Me importa que le ganamos a los wallabies con un semi-muleto, me voy a festejar eso.

Looks like they found the culprit!

032314_0747_HowMuchWoul1.png

Well, thanks Y Gen's, you have once again displayed the lack of discipline so touted by older Australians. If you wish to perpetuate this stigma, please go ahead and continue with this school boy rugby.
Honestly, I have never seen a break-down in an Australian scrum as I have seen this season. A lesson to the Loose/Tight End's, when the ball is fed into the scums, don't chase it like a twelve year old chasing a puppy! Scrum integrity is paramount to not getting owned, chasing the ball in the scrum is the primary reason your being turned around!!

Last edited:
I couldn't be happier! Feeling a balance of teams in this RC, and Argentina's win just makes their inclusion all the more justified. I couldn't help but feel especially happy about this one because last week I said:

They are greatly improved over last year - definitely a more challenging contender. If they keep pace with their improvement I suspect they could pull off their first win next RC, if not sooner.

So glad that win came this season. I think it can only boost enthusiasm for the game within the team and within Argentina in general.

das

There were three; Phipps, Folau and Hooper. No trouble with Phipps, but Folau had tripped and fell into the guy he "tackled" and Hooper was mid air in a charge down. I've seen plenty worse go by not penalized and I'm fairly certain there's nothing in the rules about how you're supposed to get out of the way mid air when attempting a charge down.

Again though, I don't really think the Wallabies deserved to lose all those players.

Last edited:
The Folau yellow card was reversed Sanzar. It was lowered to simply a penalty as Owens realized he pulled out the card too quickly.

There were three; Phipps, Folau and Hooper. No trouble with Phipps, but Folau had tripped and fell into the guy he "tackled" and Hooper was mid air in a charge down. I've seen plenty worse go by not penalized and I'm fairly certain there's nothing in the rules about how you're supposed to get out of the way mid air when attempting a charge down.

Again though, I don't really think the Wallabies deserved to lose
The yellow card on foleau was reversed by nigel owens after seen it in the big screen.

Here you have it on the guardian:
"The fervent Argentina fans seemed to have even more to cheer about when, after Phipps returned to the action, referee Nigel Owens issued a yellow card to Wallabies fullback Israel Folau for tackling counterpart Joaquin Tuculet in the air.

But after watching a replay on the big screen, Owens reversed the decision, saving Australia from being a player short for another 10 minutes in the desperately tight second half."
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-defeat-against-argentina-capping-woeful-tour