• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Blues vs. Hurricanes in Auckland (13/04/2013)

Well, on the bright side, there's guaranteed four points for NZ no matter how this game turns out. ;)

Sorry, my post was meant to read the opposite. Yeah, Barrett has gone to 15 because of his poor defence which was exposed versus the Blues in the first game. It's a shame because he does everything else so well. I'm really impressed with how Barrett controls the game.

At least he tries something on defense. Have you seen Jantjies?

Good start for the Blues, with a try by Halai under the post. Great work in the lead-up by Weepu.

Cracking game so far, real end to end stuff with both teams not afraid to play fast and loose. Weepu looking dangerous and gets the credit for the try. Halai has also matched up to Savea very well so far.

Blues 7 - 0 Hurricanes

Ben Franks needs to calm down if he wants to stay on the field....

Savea forgot to turn on beast mode before the game is seems. Tim Bateman, who I usually think is highly underrated, has killed a few moves with mistakes as well.

Julian Savea is contractually obliged to bounce at least 1 person when he has the ball

Savea forgot to turn on beast mode before the game is seems. Tim Bateman, who I usually think is highly underrated, has killed a few moves with mistakes as well.

I think Julian Savea has been pretty dangerous so far in limited space...

Pisi drops and the boos ring out in Auckland ... Kiwis not big on that scoring option lol

Halai just about scores a brilliant individual try only to be run down by..... Ben Franks!

EDIT: Now Perenara does brilliantly to hold up Luatua over the line. Should be no try assuming the TMO isn't as blind as the one last night....

Last edited:
Take a bow Ben Franks ... Absolutely extraordinary tackle! What a boytjie!!

Piutau try. Blues deserve that ... Beautiful to watch Defense from scrum shaky though

Great set move leads to a try by Piutau. Good time to score for the Blues.

Halftime now - Blues probably deserve their lead. It has been an exciting match, but both teams have made a lot of errors, and the kicking in been a bit aimless at times. Blues leading 14-6, but still anyones games in my opinion.

While its halftime. My nomination for Prop defence of the year: Ben Franks! What an effort to catch a winger!

Latest posts