• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Blues - Stormers in Auckland (20-05-2011)

That was as hard as TMO calls get. In the end probably the right call was made.

Yeah, likely. I'll admit that even as a Blues fan. In that close of a call, any benefit of the doubt should rightly go to the attacking team. I'd have awarded the try as well.

That said, utter collapse in the second half. Aimless. We don't know how to protect a lead. If I posted my full, unabridged thoughts on our second-half performance I'd probably get banned, so I'll just leave it at that.

HOLY TESTICLES!!! My mate just called and said we won it! WOOOHOOOOOO, gonna be a great weekend!

Last week reversed it seems (except we still got a yellow; the boys need to sharpen up on their discipline). Blues should have sticked to their gameplan as the Stormers didn't deserve this; at least not on what I saw (only watched the first 50 min).

Last week they threw away a 20-3 lead at halftime, now they came back from being 19-3 behind at half time. How weird is that? ;)

Well, Blues just let that go with no real fight. Ridiculous. They ought to be ashamed of the way they played, but when you have a number 10 that is so awful at controlling the game, so awful at kicking from boot and only makes one real positive run/line break all game, you're clutching at straws hoping the players running off him are gonna do all the work in attack.
Blues really need a quality number 10, without that they're never gonna go all the way to hold a super 15 ***le.

@stormer2010: Can you also not watch any Sharks matches from now on?

Sadie and de jong was really impressive in this game I thought. They played and certainly stick their hands up they need to be looked after because the future sure looks good for them in Cape Town. Was not impressed with the line outs but the commentators did them a big one as they say the commentators curse. The commentators point out one thing and it backfires normally so the Stormers proved all the nonbelievers they can surly come from behind. Think this game will really boost their mindset expect big things from them if you are a Stormers supporter.<O:p</O:p

The second half was crap, but I really hoped they would win it. Especially after the first half.

@stormer2010: Can you also not watch any Sharks matches from now on?

LOL, they tended to win when I watch; at least except for the games against the Stormers which is probably why we won; double negative.

Honestly, I am beginning to think I bring bad vibes to the Stormers. At Newlands, I've only ever seen us win twice (in like 10-11 games); both times against the Highlanders LOL.

Can i hear more people slating off Stephen Brett, please.

Thank you blues.......for making the stormers look good......cr@p

i could see that running maul come from a mile away.....

Unfortunately Joe didn't have a great game yet again, he was kicking the ball away (aimlessly). He made one AMAZING break shrugging off a handful of tackles only to get nailed in the biggest hit of the match.

Very good game, Stormers showed great character to come back. For most of the game I was wondering where the Stormers were but then they turned up and turned it up. De Jong and Sadie, just like their team, took awhile to get some real oppertunities but once given they knew exactly what to do. Very good centre pairing.

What in the world was Jarred Payne doing shadowing the winger when Sadie went through for his try?...Payne positioned himself poorly and that was why McAllistair was fuming, I think Luke was questioning him under the posts however its right there on the replay. Other than that brain explosion Jarred went ok.

Speakin of brain explosions, Saili whos known as a running no.8 kicks it. I dont wait for Saili to get the ball just to watch him kick it, I expect a Jerry Collins type return from a guy like him. Costly kick from Pete but despite that poor executed kick and questionable attacking option, he didnt do too bad. He fended off Louw and almost scored still....THAT KICK! argh.

Joe Roko showed he still a line breaker/meter eating winger. His break should keep the critics quiet for the week. I think Joe could make a good League player, hes got good attributes to be a successful winger in League. If I was a Warriors scout I'd definately be trying to ring him.

Stormers played fantastic catch up rugby. That game was one for the never say die Stormer fan.

Latest posts