• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springboks vs Wallabies, 28 Aug 2010, Loftus Versfeld

Surely Quade should be alright?
I suppose the two weeks less game time might hurt him, but he'll have been training during his down time, not just sitting around

Surely Quade should be alright?
I suppose the two weeks less game time might hurt him, but he'll have been training during his down time, not just sitting around

I was more meaning the league distraction. I just read a story on foxsports along those lines. He is a good player, who to be honest i didnt rate before S14 this year, a kiwi too.... sorry had to.

Ah i getya, i thought you meant the ban.
I'm hoping the league speculation is just that.
I love League, but he's making a good name for himself in Union, and has worked his way into the Aussie 10 shirt. He's been a favorite of mine since the end of year tests last year

Team (15-1): Francois Steyn, JP Pietersen, Jaque Fourie, Jean de Villiers, Bryan Habana, Morne Steyn, Francois Hougaard, Pierre Spies, Juan Smith, Schalk Burger, Victor Matfield, Flip van der Merwe, Jannie du Plessis, John Smit (capt), Gurthro Steenkamp. Res: Chiliboy Ralepelle, CJ van der Linde, Danie Rossouw, Ryan Kankowski, Ricky Januarie, Butch James, Juan de Jongh.

Sorry I missed the team announcement above.

Ah i getya, i thought you meant the ban.
I'm hoping the league speculation is just that.
I love League, but he's making a good name for himself in Union, and has worked his way into the Aussie 10 shirt. He's been a favorite of mine since the end of year tests last year

Yeah it is always difficult to tell about player movement speculation (PMS) it happens regularly and is always a "tip-toe" subject.

Here the Wallabies:
Beale; O'Connor, Ashley-Cooper, Giteau, Mitchell; Cooper, Genia; Brown, Pocock, Elsom (c); Sharpe, Mumm; Ma'afu, Faainga, Robinson.

Moore, Slipper, McCalman, Higginbotham, Burgess, Barnes, Faainga

Nice to see Higginbotham on the bench, I hope Genia could come back from his 2 bad peformances against the ABs!

Good to see Cooper back and reunited with Genia, potent combo those 2. However I can't see anything but a Bok blitz on the poor ol Wallabies. If the Bok's don't win they're in serious bother.

maybe poor wallabies, sure not old! :D
Nathan Sharpe is the only over 30yo in the squad...
Average age is 24.9 of the XV, including the bench is 24.72!

Why planetrugby.com wrote (and me too) Faainga, though they are Fainga'a? I was writeing in the right way, but then I changed thinking I was wrong, but I was not!! :mad:

bah...

has anyone else seen something in o'connor to suggest hes a test winger? i suppose hes lucky that hynes and rod davies are injured,on a side note what a shame it is to see will chambers wont be fit for the northern tour

IMO, without Horne or Mortlock, with AAC in n. 13 jersey, O'Connor should play 15, but they still have Hynes and Ioane injuried, Turner out for Deans' choice (bah..), for Davies and Chamber maybe it's too early for test rugby (but I think they will be in the squad for November), so Beale 15, O'Connor right wing is the only option..

has anyone else seen something in o'connor to suggest hes a test winger? i suppose hes lucky that hynes and rod davies are injured,on a side note what a shame it is to see will chambers wont be fit for the northern tour

I doubt that he is Test level fullback...

Good call on Rod Davies. He's the most promising outside back Australia has in my opinion, and that says a lot. He's only 21 years old!

Last edited by a moderator:
i remember last year he couldnt tackle for ****,but i think he has improved in that department
i think mortlock is past it,dont no much about horne i have to admit

IMO, without Horne or Mortlock, with AAC in n. 13 jersey, O'Connor should play 15, but they still have Hynes and Ioane injuried, Turner out for Deans' choice (bah..), for Davies and Chamber maybe it's too early for test rugby (but I think they will be in the squad for November), so Beale 15, O'Connor right wing is the only option..

Turner has been included in the commonwealth games sevens team, so won't have been considered for that reason ... a pity though, i thought he did pretty well with the limited opportunities he's had

thought he missed a couple of crucial tackles last year vs the abs, might have been in sydney i think when he missed sivivatu

Getting closer to the big game and I might change my money bet in favour of the 'boks. I know I said earlier in the week that it might be a draw and that's because both teams last game's against this years standard setting ABs showed that they've improved. So this weeks game (altough its for no cups) should be good and definately worth watching.

Getting closer to the big game and I might change my money bet in favour of the 'boks. I know I said earlier in the week that it might be a draw and that's because both teams last game's against this years standard setting ABs showed that they've improved. So this weeks game (altough its for no cups) should be good and definately worth watching.

Hey Sam, i'm really looking forward to this one too, and thought your draw was a good call ... i'm going with SA based on last week's performance ... but then again the Wallabies last performance was pretty good too, and they are well rested, have Quade Cooper back, etc

They actually playing for the Mandela Cup still

Latest posts