• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v France

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EoinZero @ Feb 7 2010, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 7 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 7 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
France is ****. Gonna get monstered by the Poms and the Irish.[/b]

France getting "monstered" in Paris by another Northern Hemisphere team?
Not gonna happen this year, that's for sure.
[/b][/quote]

Ummm.... why not? Ireland are well able to do that.
[/b][/quote]

I'm not taking anything away from Ireland.
They've learnt to start winning some big matches recently and they've learnt to do what they need to do in a game.
But they haven't learnt to be ruthless yet, have they?
If Ireland do seize a lead of 2 scores over France - from evidence in the past against top 8 teams in the world - they won't extend on that and walk away with it.
Plus, Paris? France have issues with travelling for some reason, but that home ground for them is a big place to go and win.

Like i said, Ireland could win, but there will be no "monstering"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 7 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Had a bad day Charles? I mean come on it wasn't all that bad was it? I do think the Irish have a better team but not by a big margin.

Plus, when we play very well against a weak team and then face a good one we usually get spanked (ala Samoa, New Zealand). With such a dull victory, the players will not be happy and want to prove a point against the Irish at home! And I wouldn't want to face that

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 7 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 7 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Had a bad day Charles? I mean come on it wasn't all that bad was it? I do think the Irish have a better team but not by a big margin.

Plus, when we play very well against a weak team and then face a good one we usually get spanked (ala Samoa, New Zealand). With such a dull victory, the players will not be happy and want to prove a point against the Irish at home! And I wouldn't want to face that
[/b][/quote]

that's what I was worried about, was hoping France would hockey the Scots and then think it was just a matter of coasting through to the final game against England, they'll definitely have a point to prove from what I saw in the second half.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 7 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ireland haven't "monstered" anyone in years, they certainly won't start against the French.[/b]

hahaha..... are you joking me? My god lads, we hammered England 43-13, Australia and SA we have well beaten a few times... and Italy, Scotland and Wales we have destroyed a few times. So, to be honest Ireland are well able to hammer teams when they want, wether or not they will hammer France nobody can say. Most likely not but sure who knows? Their a VERY good team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EoinZero @ Feb 7 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 7 2010, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ireland haven't "monstered" anyone in years, they certainly won't start against the French.[/b]

hahaha..... are you joking me? My god lads, we hammered England 43-13, Australia and SA we have well beaten a few times... and Italy, Scotland and Wales we have destroyed a few times. So, to be honest Ireland are well able to hammer teams when they want, wether or not they will hammer France nobody can say. Most likely not but sure who knows? Their a VERY good team.
[/b][/quote]
I'm still getting over the 14 - 13 THRASHING the Irish gave us last year

Bullit said they have hammered anyone in years, then you go on to list examples from years ago...all you're doing is agreeing with his point.

The only other thing I noticed about France - their ball gets disrupted at the breakdown because they don't commit enough players. In the first half, not so much the second.

Good performance. Will be a heavy clash next weekend.

Basta's arse is so huge that the Scots tackler couldn't get his arms around it to stop the second try.

They beat England 43-13 three f***ing years ago. When was the last time Ireland any decent team and won by a margin of more then 15 when it wasn't a minnow nation?

Don't know?

I'll tell you... Febuary 2008. And that was against Scotland. 3 weeks later they were hammered by England 33-10. Ireland more often then not win with a margin of less then 7 points. Normally because O'Driscoll has dragged them to a win while they're reluctantly kicking and screaming all the way.

I say again, they haven't monster anyone in years. They're not going to start against the French, especially considering how shite they were against Italy.

****. You've set him off.

Mite is ramping the tension for the Ireland-England match already.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 6 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Boo!!!
Come on the Jocks!
:p
My family - must have, at some point - come from Scotland becuase ive got a scottish surname, we have our own clan with our own tartan...although, i wont wear the kilt. Coz im bloody welsh.[/b]

I wear kilts all the time and you do get a Welsh option believe it or not.

In other news, bring back Dan Parks, all is forgiven. <_<

Scotland put up a decent fight but it seems to be they'll do what they do every year - fight,fight and fight but never have that conviction necessary. Having said that, I do think Scotland could (i can't overstate that 'could') snatch a win against Wales and will beat Italy comfortably. France look half cooked as have England and Ireland so far. Harrydoornikey looked superb as did Trandook when they got going.

Same vision than Shtove, it was clear that France didn't want to commit players in rucks, strategy will certainly be different next week.

The second thing is it's the second time this season that the match is saved by the forwards. And the opposition was poor in this domain, so France will have to significatively level up his game, because if we do not hold the line in front, the boat might sink

Wonder how this would've played out if it was played yesterday, so Murray was there to even out the scrum a bit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 7 2010, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wonder how this would've played out if it was played yesterday, so Murray was there to even out the scrum a bit[/b]

Well Murray's got that on his conscience. But really, France didn't play all that well and were still far superior. It says something about Scotland that they attacked better today, the French defended poorly and still the Scots didn't score a try.

I was listening to french radio via internet and they are talking GS and the game vs England and saying that ireland are an aging side and that will also have no problem beating.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was listening to french radio via internet and they are talking GS and the game vs England and saying that ireland are an aging side and that will also have no problem beating.[/b]

I do not know which french radio you are listening to , would be interested to know whose "journalist" could say that... I just made a Tour of newspapers ***le in french and clearly , for now , it is "Minimum job done...but FR will have to do lot better to beat Ireland" ...no words on England match at the end of the tournament...

Frenchies are not sure at all to beat Ireland to be objective. and as this match is highly uncertain , i do not see how we could talk about Fr-EN in 2 months . Even if we beat Ireland , i have some memories where Welsh used to take a "vicious pleasure" to beat us ...when it was not in our plan. So lets talk about it after Wales-FR :p

It is only at the BBC where you can listen to John Inverdale dreaming about a final In Paris for FR-EN :p do not put the english arrogance on our poor french shoulders :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It was rmc.[/b]

Go to www.lequipe.fr or www.rugbyrama.fr or www.rugby365.fr to read the opinions of real journalists and you will see that there is absolutely no talk of a grandslam at all. I have no idea who you heard on rmc but not only is it arrogant but it is also plain stupid to talk of grandslam when you have seen that french second half. No team has particularly stood up this week end.
Next round will be an absolute cracker against Ireland

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Feb 7 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
??????????????????[/b]

It's a typical beverage of the south of France, particularly Marseille.

pastis.jpg

Latest posts