• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v France

A

An Tarbh

Alistair Strokosh has been ruled out of Sunday's match with a knee injury.

Sebastien Chabal has also been ruled out, according to his twitter he's got a back problem, should be available though for the Irish match.

Scotland could be worth a punt for this one considering the hit and miss form of the French in the Autumn, slthough it would have been better for them if France were coming in on the back of a win.

So what selection problems/dilemmas are there for either coach???

Rory Lamont also out and Euan Murray won't be availible as the game is on a Sunday. Pack picks itself. Big question as to who starts at 10. I'd prefer the in form Parks to Godman. Only other debate in my opinion is who will partner Alex Grove at centre. I'd choose Morrison over Max Evans.

1. Allan Jacobsen
2. Ross Ford
3. Moray Low
4. Nathan Hines
5. Al Kellock
6. Kelly Brown
7. John Barclay
8. Johnnie Beattie
9. Chris Cusiter
10. Dan Parks
11. Thom Evans
12. Graeme Morrison
13. Alex Grove
14. Sean Lamont
15. Chris Paterson

16. Dougie Hall
17. Alasdair Dickinson
18. Richie Gray
19. Alan MacDonald
20. Rory Lawson
21. Max Evans
22. Hugo Southwell

Scotland: 15 Chris Paterson (Edinburgh), 14 Thom Evans (Glasgow), 13 Max Evans (Glasgow), 12 Graeme Morrison (Glasgow), 11 Sean Lamont (Scarlets), 10 Phil Godman (Edinburgh), 9 Chris Cusiter (Glasgow) CAPTAIN, 1 Alasdair Dickinson (Gloucester), 2 Ross Ford (Edinburgh), 3 Moray Low (Glasgow), 4 Nathan Hines (Leinster), 5 Alastair Kellock (Glasgow), 6 Kelly Brown (Glasgow), 7 John Barclay (Glasgow), 8 Johnnie Beattie (Glasgow)

Replacements: 16 Scott Lawson (Gloucester), 17 Allan Jacobsen (Edinburgh), 18 Richie Gray (Glasgow), 19 Alan MacDonald (Edinburgh), 20 Rory Lawson (Gloucester), 21 Alex Grove (Worcester), 22 Hugo Southwell (Paris)

As much as I'd like Scotland to win I think France will win it but you can never tell how well France will play and Scotland are unpreditable

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Bleus : Le XV de départ
Le staff de l'équipe de France a dévoilé le XV de départ retenu pour le premier match du Tournoi des 6 Nations, en Ecosse dimanche. Bastareaud est ***ularisé au centre.

Le XV de départ tricolore.- Poitrenaud ; Rougerie, Bastareud, Jauzion, Fall ; (o) Trinh-Duc, (m) Parra ; Dusautoir, Harinordoquy, Ouedraogo ; Nallet, Papé ; Mas, Servat, Domingo.

Remplaçants : Szarzewski, Ducalcon, Pierre, Bonnaire, Elissalde, Marty, Clerc.

source : rugbyrama <div align='right'>
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Feb 3 2010, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
supprised Alex Grove not picked in the starting XV.[/b]
Morrison and Evans have played a lot better since the AI's and I didnt really like Grove any way

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Feb 3 2010, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Bleus : Le XV de départ
Le staff de l'équipe de France a dévoilé le XV de départ retenu pour le premier match du Tournoi des 6 Nations, en Ecosse dimanche. Bastareaud est ***ularisé au centre.

Le XV de départ tricolore.- Poitrenaud ; Rougerie, Bastareud, Jauzion, Fall ; (o) Trinh-Duc, (m) Parra ; Dusautoir, Harinordoquy, Ouedraogo ; Nallet, Papé ; Mas, Servat, Domingo.

Remplaçants : Szarzewski, Ducalcon, Pierre, Bonnaire, Elissalde, Marty, Clerc.

source : rugbyrama <div align='right'>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

no surprises there for the French, that was the team l'équipe were reporting yesterday. Guess it's Parra for the goalkicking then, has he done much this season if any?

Hey, even Australia know how difficult Scotland are at Murrayfield.
They've got a really good defence and if you want to play any positive rugby they're gonna snuff it out and just shut down the game. They'll play ugly, make you play a game you don't want to play and, who knows, come out with a home win this weekend.
I know France are favourites, but i wouldn't put it past scotland to take the points on Sunday.

well Australia beat themselves that day, it's hard to imagine that any other side given the amount of possession the Aussies had would manage to lose again.

Jauzion at 12 :blink: why not Rougerie? And Rougerie on the wing... I'd prefer Rougerie at 12 and Clerc on the wing.

when has Rougerie ever played in the centre for France??? He's always been on the wing or at full back.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wertas @ Feb 3 2010, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jauzion at 12 :blink: why not Rougerie? And Rougerie on the wing... I'd prefer Rougerie at 12 and Clerc on the wing.[/b]

nonsense. Jauzion is our best 12. Rougerie is a winger and a part time center.

I reckon France should get this, like above, Australia beat themselves. France will hopefully be prepared for Scotland nullifying any threat, and just take their chances at 3pointers, instead of pushing for the try all the time (but hopefully the Scots don't do that, so we get an enjoyable game to watch :p )
I'll be supporting les bleus this match

Probably the heaviest backline ever for France. Not too happy about Rougerie but CLerc is **** so...Hope the Scots don't decide to play an expansive game because they will run rings around Jauzion and Basta...

Parra to have a blinder.

Elissalde out with injury. Michalak in on the bench to cover 9 & 10. Too bad for Elissalde, but he's getting a bit old now...

Latest posts