• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v France

Boring second half...frenchies are just making the minimum service, they are not making the most of their domination , i'm dubitative about parra... . Scots are playing well but they are too much dominated on forward to hope for something.

That Lamont break is the first thing to have woken me up in the second half.
Then again, this has been a better game to watch than the other two played yesterday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 7 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
**** second half ffs we could have scored 10 tries by now[/b]

I think that's hyperbole, or just hper ********, Scotland have defended pretty well and while France have contributed to thei own downfall by dropping a few passes Scotland have done well. Barclay has been particularly good.

Ah no better sight to see a prop lumbering down the wing and running over the opposition player.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 7 2010, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Trust the French to turn a thread about rugby into one about wine :p[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Feb 7 2010, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 7 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 7 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well played by Scotland. If the Irish back line turn up next week they could take this French defence apart.[/b]

French backs have been a mess for 2 years now. Attack and defense... Jauzion is way past it.
[/b][/quote]

It's mainly down to the face they don't know who they will be playing with next game so its nigh on impossible to build an understanding with a guy who may be on the bench the following week.
[/b][/quote]

Sure that Lievremont has experienced a lot, but to reckognize that for this match all the players we used to see in selection are absent because of medical (exept ban for Dupuy).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Feb 7 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Feb 7 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
**** second half ffs we could have scored 10 tries by now[/b]

I think that's hyperbole, or just hper ********, Scotland have defended pretty well and while France have contributed to thei own downfall by dropping a few passes Scotland have done well. Barclay has been particularly good.
[/b][/quote]

All the times our forwards were stopped 1m away from the line, a couple of penalty tries not awarded, Trinh Duc's interception, ... We missed alot of chances that's all I'm saying

Does anyone else agree with me that it's shocking in this day and age that the game was reffed 100% in English?

Otherwise, Scotland don't look too bad by their standards. France, like Ireland, showed glimpses of how good they can be.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 7 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
France is ****. Gonna get monstered by the Poms and the Irish.[/b]

France getting "monstered" in Paris by another Northern Hemisphere team?
Not gonna happen this year, that's for sure.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 7 2010, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I would not say **** , it is a slow start but like Irish yesterday they did the job , not much more. we played on the physic side but not very smartly . Strange defense though...i hope they won't do that against irish :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 7 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Be honest though. Ireland could beat france...but you're never tearing them apart.[/b]

No I don't think they could tear France apart. I do think they can tear through their defence though. Look at Scotland today. Every time they touched the ball they were making yards by just running at the defence but they just didnt have the clinical players in the backline to finish any moves. Ireland do have these players. I think France will beat us up front though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 7 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Feb 7 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well played by Scotland. If the Irish back line turn up next week they could take this French defence apart.[/b]

:lol:

Oh, wait, he's being serious... :mellow:
[/b][/quote]

I'd agree with that. The French attack is awesome as always but then they're playing behind a pack which is absolutely imperious. Whenever the Scots put up anything approaching a decent defence they seem to stop dead. Mock the English all you want but at least they manage to rumble over the line when they need to.

Also their blitz defence is leaving huge holes as guys sprint forward to stop Scotland from spreading the ball wide. Any BOD, Gitau and Carter could rip France apart if they keep doing that.

We knock Shaun Edwards and the blitz defence all the time and yet France start doing it against a nation not exactly world reknown for scoring free flowing tries for fun and suddenly its amazing and Ireland will be hard pressed to beat it? Guys I'm not quite following the logic here...

EDIT: Beattie was immense today. If he and his form survives in four years time he should get a tap for the Lions.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 7 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 7 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Ummm.... why not? Ireland are well able to do that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Feb 7 2010, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 7 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Right now we're playing with 8 forwards and a scrum half. Our backs are not making any progress ont he pitch. The other teams play with 15 guys. In defense Bastareaud can only play blitz/rush defense which leaves HUGE gaps in the midfield. Scotland are **** but Ireland and England will be licking their lips at the prospect of running rings around him. Jauzion is past it-I mean has he touched the ball in this game?

I'm not too confident about the next games.

and to approove Elgringo, we would have received a penalty try if we would have collapsed scrums a tenth that Scotland did.

Whatever, very poor second half, les Bleus just managed their goal average...

Ireland haven't "monstered" anyone in years, they certainly won't start against the French.

Latest posts