• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 SF2] England vs South Africa (21/10/2023)

I suppose my speculation is just that and in poor taste and I apologize even if I can't fathom Curry ever reading this. I suppose am just sensitive and disappointed either way.
Its fine one the staples of accusations of this kind is whether it be racism/sexism/bullying is to believe the accuser no matter the resulting investigation. Unless actual evidence of deliberate misinterpretation or baseless accusations can be found. Its the only way to stamp it out so people aren't fearful of reprisal.

It's how we can applaud Pocock for the stand he made over homophobia.

I'm happy with how SA are handling it. All I'm saying it the explanation SA supporters are going with has no source of evidence. So we shouldn't take it as writ. Although we can speculate it as a feasible explanation.
Fair, I've come in speculating on rationale from a Saffer perspective of why the handshake may not have happened from the Bongi side and some of the clarification around how it could have been misheard and the non-usage of c**t in SA. There was a lot of discussion back in forth in here before I jumped in that seemed to hold the implicit assumption that Bongi was guilty of the accusation and being quite critical of him and I wanted to provide a few more perspectives from a Saffer perspective.

Probably won't make another comment on this point though until something official is said on it. Think it has a risk of spinning into some unpleasant back and forths like we saw in the SA v France thread and am hoping it doesn't go that way here. (Especially since everything is just speculation until we hear official statements)

Yes yes, I wrote it and then suddenly understood that it was a joke (so,added an update to my post).
Just tired after a hard week,so "slow in thinking"🥴
I'm never going to miss an opportunity to post Tim CurryBroadwaySpamalot10x8x10_740x.jpg

Last edited:
I have zero idea if Bongi said anything, but the fact Curry made a World Rugby official (the ref) aware of it should be sufficient grounds to guarantee an investigation (regardless of Curry and England's position now) and that investigation should be impartial and led by WR (not internal, led by the Boks). But it seems England get to decide whether to officially report something that was clearly already reported.

If you don't do the above your get crap situations like the Italian Traore seemingly being financially pressured by his employers to publicly apologise for reporting he had been racially abused by Nemer.

Again would have, should have, could have. But they didn't. This is a World Cup semi final. Got to take your chances. Just saying it is one the reasons they lost. And that is one. How many others? Especially in the last 15 mins?

Peeps were "daring to dream" being 9 points up and calling it but I was looking at the scoreboard and thinking "way too soon. This game is far from over."
Here's another could have, should have...that classless idiot Owen Farrell cost them the match when he refused to give the ball to the SA halfback, kept mouthing off to the ref and got marched10 metres - SA kicked the penalty which in the end was the difference.

I knew that the choice of Ben O'Keeffe as referee for the semi-final of the World Cup was a South African scam behind the scenes.
As with the French team, he offered a gift to South Africa at the end of the match.
I hope the English Rugby Union will push for it to be banned from high-level matches.

You really think that a referee from the southern hemisphere would neutrally referee a team from the northern hemisphere against the southern hemisphere, you are naive.

He swept the French team in the quarter-final and in the semi-final he finished the job against England.
Keep wailing
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

This whole Mbonambi story reminds me of Uruguayan footballer Edinson Cavani being suspended for 3 games by the FA for using the word "negrito" in an Instagram post when it's a perfectly acceptable word to use to describe a friend or buddy in Uruguay.

watched the game, havent read the thread, anyone give a summary? was bloody close

i do find comments about the ref really interesting, for 70min i saw comments on the socials about how "the kiwi ref was helping the AB by getting the weaker team (england) into the final"....and then since then its been about "kiwi ref helps he SH fiends make the final"

For reference the "incident" seems to be at the 21:09 mark in the game just after the kick-off.

For reference the "incident" seems to be at the 21:09 mark in the game just after the kick-off.
Are you sure? BBC reporting Curry spoke to BOK about "half an hour in" that's a big gap between incident and reporting.

He speaks to the ref at the next break in play which is at the 23 minute mark when Farrell is taking the penalty. You can faintly hear him say what do you want me to do if … and BOK clearly say I'll deal with it. (It's during the replay with Willemse being tackled for an exact reference)

i do find comments about the ref really interesting, for 70min i saw comments on the socials about how "the kiwi ref was helping the AB by getting the weaker team (england) into the final"....and then since then its been about "kiwi ref helps he SH fiends make the final"
He didn't favour any particular team but man... he is capable of making some extremely basic mistakes eh.

The refs from this part of the world are really average IMO.

Even I thought for the first 70 minutes that he was really favouring us (the English). Most of the decisions were going our way. It actually did cross my mind he might be doing to so it was weaker opposition in the final for New Zealand. 😆

Even I thought for the first 70 minutes that he was really favouring us (the English). Most of the decisions were going our way. It actually did cross my mind he might be doing to so it was weaker opposition in the final for New Zealand. 😆

O'Keefe is a referee who, subconsciously, favours the team that had the momentum when it's a 50-50 call. That isn't unique to O'Keefe though.

Latest posts