• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: England - France (08-10-2011, 20:30)

Congratulations France.

Our defence in the first half was shocking, our attack was a shambles too, knock-ons and bad passes all over the place. Was it nerves? I dont know, but many players must envisage the end of their careers and dare I say it, Johnson? Atleast we showed some fight in the second half but too little too late.
Time to look to the future now, start backing the likes of Hartley, Cole, Lawes, Haskell, Wood, Croft, Youngs, Flood, Tuilagi, Ashton and Foden. Let the old guys retire, fade away or retire.

Well at least now the England players can relax and enjoy themselves. Maybe try some adventure sports, or maybe even have that drink they've been depriving themselves of all tournament....

Well at least now the England players can relax and enjoy themselves. Maybe try some adventure sports, or maybe even have that drink they've been depriving themselves of all tournament....
Do you write for the Daily Mail?

Hardly, France were average - they leaked two tries to a terrible England side
Wales are on very good form, and unless France are on their A-game it'll be a walk over for Wales

Very seriously France had a very good first half and they pushed england to make mistakes..how many times england beat us in the same kind of match, very tense, very close ? I think it is a fair result overall for the frenchies, they wanted it more...and for the semi-final, Wales has put a lot of energy against Ireland and not sure they will be able to do the same performance. Nothing is done, far from that. Come on France !

To all England supporters on this forum, you have my sincere condolences.

Kiwis everywhere know exactly how it feels to be undone by a French side that produces an unheralded performance out of absolutely nowhere.

Very seriously France had a very good first half and they pushed england to make mistakes..how many times england beat us in the same kind of match, very tense, very close ? I think it is a fair result overall for the frenchies, they wanted it more...and for the semi-final, Wales has put a lot of energy against Ireland and not sure they will be able to do the same performance. Nothing is done, far from that. Come on France !
Don't get me wrong, France deserved to win and their tries were well worked, but they switched off a bit in the 2nd half
Their performance today isn't comparable to Wales', which was a class above

Congratulations France.

Our defence in the first half was shocking, our attack was a shambles too, knock-ons and bad passes all over the place. Was it nerves? I dont know, but many players must envisage the end of their careers and dare I say it, Johnson? Atleast we showed some fight in the second half but too little too late.
Time to look to the future now, start backing the likes of Hartley, Cole, Lawes, Haskell, Wood, Croft, Youngs, Flood, Tuilagi, Ashton and Foden. Let the old guys retire, fade away or retire.

The sad thing is that is 11 good young players you have named. Now look at the young players in the Wales team and how they have played.

To all England supporters on this forum, you have my sincere condolences.

Kiwis everywhere know exactly how it feels to be undone by a French side that produces an unheralded performance out of absolutely nowhere.

Thanks, but we didn't deserve to win. We have been **** all tournament and there was me hoping, we would cut the mistakes out and play some rugby like we can.

BTW all this England know how to win, is ****. That was England in 03 and 07, this is England now and it's a different side, they may obtain this gift over the course of the next 4 years but we haven't got it now!

England never really recovered from losing the grand slam.
Pretty much

England peaked vs Italy in the 6N and have been pretty poor since then (with a few little spikes to beat Wales and Ireland along the way)

Lets face it, France were not that good. If England could have cut their handling errors by 50% I think we'd have walked away from this with a win.

Don't get me wrong, France deserved to win and their tries were well worked, but they switched off a bit in the 2nd half
Their performance today isn't comparable to Wales', which was a class above

I enjoyed a lot watching welsh team beating Ireland but Im not too sure Welsh would have done the same performance against england for example...I think that Ireland played quite badly, they were so sure to have their chance against Wales (maybe first time to the semi-final), they were a bit too confident maybe, they did not play with their head and against the welsh youth, they had to play a more intelligent match. It is my opinion. anyway, Im glad France woke up today, too disapointing performances during the first round...

Isn't it funny how the 2008 Six Nations winners eliminated the 2009 winners while in the other match the winners of 2010 defeated the latest winners from 2011.

Isn't it funny how the 2008 Six Nations winners eliminated the 2009 winners while in the other match the winners of 2010 defeated the latest winners from 2011.

Very true, maybe the 2010 Tri-Nations winners will beat the 2011 Tri-Nations winners in the semi-final? Or the 2008 Tri-Nations winners beating the 2009 Tri-Nations winners in the semi-final. See what I did there? :p

Latest posts