• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Quarter Final: England - France (08-10-2011, 20:30)

France should have closed game in the first half, but Yashvili missed 8 points. By the way, France played in second half conservative game. Trinc-Duc kicked for territory. So if France show up in game with Wales, I think Wales will be destroyed. France stopped playing rugby in the second half. I think they will not make the same mistake in the semi-final.

Glad to see England not make it any further. Reckon id slash my wrist if there was another England grand final.

France deserved to win but were average. England looked clueless.

Wales look good for the final but I would never rule France out.

It was no more than we deserved we have had a shocking cup. Well done to France they deserved that and we had it coming.

Best of luck to all the remaining teams, I think my heart wants to see a Wales, All Blacks Final, and thank god Wales and Ireland carried the flag for NH rugby.

On the sunny side at least Northampton Saints might start picking up :D

GoodBye Jonny and thank!
I met you in Toulon. You're a true gentle man.
Well done Les bleus. :)

Last edited:
Not an appalling performance... We played some good rugby and looked threatening at times. But the French were clinical and we were not, and that's why you saw them scoring tries and kicking corners, and us losing lineouts and dropping try-scoring passes never helps.We simply looked rusty, unsurprising since they've had it coached out of them over the last year...

Congrats France anyway, here's hoping you guys get to the final.

France only defended in the second half and they made so many knock-ons in Englands half. And semi-final is semi-final. You never know which France team will show up. Good one, bad one or average one.

Well done France, by far the better team on the day. Pretty sure Johnny Wilkinson just played his way out of the England shirt for good ( no disrespect to him but hes past it ) When Flood went to N.10, things improved a bit but was still very messy. And can we please replace Brian Smith?! Englands attacking game has gotta be one of the worst in the tournament. Anyway... COME ON WALES!

Well played France. Thoroughly deserved win.

France exposed English weaknesses which other teams had failed to exploit

I totally fail to understand Johnson's team selection when it seems obvious to the rest of the world who has been playing well and who has not

On the evidence of the games before France Wilkinson should not have been playing and he had a dog's dinner of a game

Stevens looked under pressure against Scotland and had given away more penalties then any other English man - guess what he gives a away 2 more and England are 6-0 down. Why did he start?

Again Deacon has a neutral anonymous game and England look better when he is replaced. Why did he start?

Moody plays, again average at best, whilst our best back row forward sits on the bench. Why did he start?

Maybe this failure will now mean the 'old guard' will go and England can start picking on form rather than history.

I sort of hope Johnson goes, apart from one brief period between beating Australia away and tonking Italy they have been mediocre under his regime

Well at least I can relax and enjoy, as a neutral, the rest of the World Cup

I am pretty dissapointed with alot of things to be honest, did not really think anyone had a good game. No point picking on people, the whole team let us down. Are game management was poor, so...soo many stupid mistakes.

I am going say that MJ has to go, his teamselection has been poor not to even start about his squad selection.

You're a joke, Tuilagi was easily our best player on the pitch today

England were a shambles, and I'm embarrassed by them

Glad that Cueto got a try (even if he never makes it easy for himself/the TMO) but it was an appalling performance.

True enough but he's got to get the pass away more often.

Jono "When we had the ball we looked ok" erm no we did not!!!

Latest posts