• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 20/21 - Rd 20

As a neutral great game , correct winners, find it hard to disagree with team of 4 side note offside line is an area as a player you play offside till told otherwise if its level 11 in the weeds or the world Cup final its my bug bear of arm chair supporter's all our teams are offside constantly if we weren't we would lose every game.
Rant over on offside line police.

Shoulder to chest, no arms used from what I could see, sounds like the very definition of a shoulder charge to me, I have only seen it in real time, so it could be very different on replays.
Why wasn't Radradra's high shot on AJ ruled a no arms tackle then? They didn't even mention that despite going over the whole sequence with a fine tooth comb
If you hit them so hard that they drop before you have chance to wrap the arms it's still legal if you're attempting to wrap, which he was

Why wasn't Radradra's high shot on AJ ruled a no arms tackle then? They didn't even mention that despite going over the whole sequence with a fine tooth comb
If you hit them so hard that they drop before you have chance to wrap the arms it's still legal if you're attempting to wrap, which he was
He got a yellow anyway so not sure how the no arms would make much difference, it didn't look to me like (in real time) Manu did try and rap on further viewing it looks fine and a double tackle tbf, it's not like he doesn't have previous for questionable tackling in general.

Sale looking strong going in to the play offs. Certainly a dark horse that no-one will want to play in a knock out game.

Quirke looks electric whenever I see him play and Harper looks like a good prospect who seems to have come from nowhere (I hadn't heard of him a couple of weeks ago).

(I hadn't heard of him a couple of weeks ago).
A lot of Sale fans hadn't either, tbh

Got fast tracked into the senior side due to injuries to WillGriff John and (senior academy tighthead) Cal Ford
Harper only converted from backrow to prop within the last couple of seasons, so I imagine the plan was to let him get game time in the lower levels while he learns his craft - he's as strong as an ox, though. Sanderson said he reminds him of a young Andy Sheridan in the gym, just putting all the grizzled old forwards to shame when throwing tin about

Definitely looks really promising, though - it's about time we churned out a decent tighthead. Henry Thomas was our last one...

Last edited:
If Chiefs win on sunday with 5 points, will be an interesting Run in. 76 73 68 with 2 games each to go. With Quins if they win today on 65. Ofcourse there is a couple of IFs in there but still so close that means teams cant be putting out second teams and resting players if they want a home semi,

Sale's running is insane, Bristol Quin Chiefs! What a time to be finding form.

If Chiefs have good wins in next 2 games ,the last week might turn out to be irrelevant giving them all a rest week to prepare for semis.

If Chiefs win on sunday with 5 points, will be an interesting Run in. 76 73 68 with 2 games each to go. With Quins if they win today on 65. Ofcourse there is a couple of IFs in there but still so close that means teams cant be putting out second teams and resting players if they want a home semi,

Sale's running is insane, Bristol Quin Chiefs! What a time to be finding form.
A lot of people were looking at a Bristol vs. Exeter final as a foregone conclusion which it most definitely isn't.

Sale are actually my favourites for the ***le now. Manu and Ben Curry have come back at the perfect time to add to an already impressive side.

They have a tough run-in, but if Quins beat Bath today and the top 4 is secured, I wouldn't be overly surprised if we rest players for our trip to the AJ Bell. Our squad is paper thin with Esterhuizen and Brown'a bans and Evans' injury and we're unlikely to get a home semi so we might as well save the likes of Smith and Care for the play offs.

Assuming that this happens, I'd say that's another comfortable BP win for Sale which puts the pressure on Exeter.

Exeter vs. Newcastle 2s tomorrow will most probably be a massacre and then I'd back them to beat Saints. They need the bonus point from both games to pretty much guarantee 2nd (the points difference massively favours Exeter).

If they don't get the BP against Saints, Sale are going to Sandy Park knowing that a win means a home semi and going in to the play-offs having beaten all three of the other play-off contenders.

Even if Sale are third, no-one is going to fancy playing them in a knock out game on current form.

Not a great start by Smith. Kick out on the full at the start and then missed tackle straight away.

That was a nice try

Didn't realise Merchant was starting on the wing - watch Eddie do the same this summer now

Great try. McNally completely embarrassed the Quins defence there.

Think Dallaglio and Monye have a good point. Quins defence is not good enough currently to win the ***le.

Care close to missing the rest of the season if he keeps tackling like that. 2 high tackles already.

Think that came off both, but I think Kenningham touches it first.

Latest posts