Country Flag
New Zealand
Great to see ALL games played last week (1st round) finished in a draw nil all
Well according to the latest (Thursday) results ? Get real somebody
:mad:

Do you know what's even worse?

This ain't in the correct forum!

Ay? It's in the ITM forum isn't it?

Edit: Just realised he's talking about woosahs ITM cup thread at the top, the first post has a list of all fixtures with "0 - 0" as the scores, i'll put them in now

Last edited:
Heres my team of the week for the ITM competition. Team is based on players that 'I' thought played good rugby. I hope nickdnz doesnt see this post he's always got queries with my teams hahaha..anyway players are..

15. Tim Nanai-Williams
14. Julien Savea
13. Rene Ranger
12. Luke McAlister
11. Hosea Gear
10. Colin Slade
09. Brendon Leonard
08. Elliot Dixon
07. Tanerau Latimer
06. Daniel Braid
05. Josh Bekhuis
04. Joe Tuineau
03. Neemia Tialata
02. Jason Rutledge
01. Jamie McIntosh

Heres my team of the week for the ITM competition. Team is based on players that 'I' thought played good rugby. I hope nickdnz doesnt see this post he's always got queries with my teams hahaha..anyway players are..

15. Tim Nanai-Williams
14. Julien Savea
13. Rene Ranger
12. Luke McAlister
11. Hosea Gear
10. Colin Slade
09. Brendon Leonard
08. Elliot Dixon
07. Tanerau Latimer
06. Daniel Braid
05. Josh Bekhuis
04. Joe Tuineau
03. Neemia Tialata
02. Jason Rutledge
01. Jamie McIntosh

Don't worry, nickdnz will think this is a marvelous post - you mentioned Hosea Gear ;)

I didn't see many games in the weekend, but I was impressed with Charlie Faumaina, the Auckland winger Pakalani, and Northland halfback Luke Hamilton.

I really was impressed by that winger off Counties Manukau who scored a nice try. Piutua

I really was impressed by that winger off Counties Manukau who scored a nice try. Piutua

Piutau was the centre, Tuala was the winger who bagged the double. As much as i like Hosea and Savea, Tualas double really means he deserves a spot. I'd give the other wing birth to Casey Stone from Manawatu who looked very sharp.

Super Sub award goes to Andrew Horrell for stepping up off the bench for HB and slotting the game drawing penalty.
"****-poor effort" award to be shared around between Jason Shoemark, Wllie Ripia and the entire Otago and Taranaki teams.
"Best performance from a rookie" award shared between Trent Boswell-Wakefield, Elliot Dixon, Beuden Barrett and Patrick Osbourne
Coach of the week: Dave Rennie, he has nothing to work with in Manawatu but they are brilliantly drilled and scored some well set up tries.
Worst coach of the week: Colin Cooper, he has great players to work with and they looked like a scrappy mess of a team.

Last edited:
Piutau was the centre, Tuala was the winger who bagged the double. As much as i like Hosea and Savea, Tualas double really means he deserves a spot. I'd give the other wing birth to Casey Stone from Manawatu who looked very sharp.

Sorry, mixed them up. But you're right. CM, Manawatu and Waikato are the teams I will be following this year.

I was impressed during the S14 with Jason Rutledge at hooker. Was a little surprised he was not included in the All Blacks squad as 3rd choice hooker.

15. Tim Nanai-Williams
14. Julien Savea
13. Rene Ranger
12. Luke McAlister
11. Hosea Gear
10. Colin Slade
09. Brendon Leonard
08. Elliot Dixon
07. Tanerau Latimer
06. Daniel Braid
05. Josh Bekhuis
04. Joe Tuineau
03. Neemia Tialata
02. Jason Rutledge
01. Jamie McIntosh
Haha, other than Tialata (who was poor in my opinion), I'd say that's a really good squad. I'd rate your backline as spot on. Based just on this game, Tualas was better than Gear. In fairness to Gear, he was playing in a swamp. And Braid is a 7, not a 6. Other than that though, I like the squad ;)

Last edited:
Yeah perhaps shouldve chucked Tuala in there he did have a massive game. Hope he continues his good form I felt he was pretty quiet last year and last week he showed us what he can do.

James Wilson (Stags 1st five, I think thats his name) he looked good as a pivot player, played good last week hope that hair of his doesnt get into his eyes.

Rutledge has been quite the unsung hero goes about his job nicely.

Might have to pay good attention to Casey Stone this week as ranger pointed out he looked sharp.

Last edited:

15. Tim Nanai-Williams
14. Julien Savea
13. Rene Ranger
12. Luke McAlister
11. Hosea Gear
10. Colin Slade
09. Brendon Leonard
08. Elliot Dixon
07. Tanerau Latimer
06. Daniel Braid
05. Josh Bekhuis
04. Joe Tuineau
03. Neemia Tialata
02. Jason Rutledge
01. Jamie McIntosh

what about the winger Tuala from Counties? he was brilliant he scored two great tries and helped set another up. i agree with your list though since i can't remember who were the best from every position :D but i would have Joell Wilson at 10 and Tuala at 14

My ITM 15 for the weekend past.

15. Sean Maitland
14. Lance Mcdonald
13. Robbie Fruean
12. Sean Treeby
11. Dwayne Sweeney
10. Tomasi Cama
09. Taniela Moa
08. Faafili Levave
07. Karl Lowe
06. Mathew Luamanu
05. Hoani Matenga
04. Issac Ross
03. Jamie McIntosh
02. Hika Elliot
01. Toby Smith

I was gonna chuck Tuala in there but he had a bit of a mixed game in my opinion, scored 2 good tries but did a few errors as well. So I went with McDonald from B.O.P played safe and made some good metres for his team. While their was a few good performances from a lot of 1st fives such as Slade, Fili and Bernquist I felt Cama was the better of them all for this week. Mathew Luamanu had a good game even though it was ruined by an injury his 1st half showed a lot of promise. Toby Smith is very fit for a prop.

My ITM 15 for the weekend past.

15. Sean Maitland
14. Lance Mcdonald
13. Robbie Fruean
12. Sean Treeby
11. Dwayne Sweeney
10. Tomasi Cama
09. Taniela Moa
08. Faafili Levave
07. Karl Lowe
06. Mathew Luamanu
05. Hoani Matenga
04. Issac Ross
03. Jamie McIntosh
02. Hika Elliot
01. Toby Smith

I was gonna chuck Tuala in there but he had a bit of a mixed game in my opinion, scored 2 good tries but did a few errors as well. So I went with McDonald from B.O.P played safe and made some good metres for his team. While their was a few good performances from a lot of 1st fives such as Slade, Fili and Bernquist I felt Cama was the better of them all for this week. Mathew Luamanu had a good game even though it was ruined by an injury his 1st half showed a lot of promise. Toby Smith is very fit for a prop.

Tomasi Cama was pretty amazing right!?!? I've always liked him but where did that performance come from?

He's played halfback, centre (both 12 and 13) and winger in the last two seasons, but I didn't know he'd do so well at 1st 5/8th. I though Hosea Gear had a great last 20 min against Counties, almost giving Wellington a win (Neemia Tialata should have been shot for getting the ball taken from him!). I disagree with you on Sean Treeby. He is a great ball runner with power and pace, but he usually makes the wrong decision. He made two really good line breaks, and scored a good try, but the number of oppertunities he lost for Wellington when going inside to crash it up by himself, with options out wide, made me so frustrated. Other than that, I'm enjoying your NPC 15. Some pretty good calls so far, keep em up.

I didnt think Cama would even play 15s rugby but yeah he had a good game. I was gonna chuck Gear in there but like you said it was the last 20 minutes where he came in to the game. I missed those parts that you saw where Treeby opted for the crash instead of a potential overlap but yeah theirs nothing a centre and outside backs hate more than a greedy second five with no vision but in saying that I picked him (lol) 'cos of his two big plays and I didnt think the other 2nd fives I saw in the weekend played as good.

My ITM 15 or 16 as is the case for this week are..

15. Israel Dagg
14. Julian Savea
13. Robbie Fruean/Jared Payne (funny how it sounds like Jarrod Hayne)
12. Stephen Brett
11. Andre Taylor
10. James Marshall
09. Alby Mathewson
08. Faafili Levave
07. Daniel Braid
06. Liam Messam
05. Issac Ross
04. Pat O'Connor
03. Anthony Perenise
02. Jason Rutledge
01. Tevita Mailau

Some good performances from 1st fives Faatonu Fili, Matt Berquist, Bayden Kerr. All halfbacks were about the same but went with Mathewson for his try. Brent Ward played well but I went with Dagg due to his try he scored and he was the one that set it up from the very beginning it was a good play from a guy in a losing team. O'Connor was impressive in his teams romp of the Turbos and Mailau looks very promising.

Latest posts