9. Mathewson
10 Fili
11??
12 Atiga
13 Payne
14 Savea
15 Munro

i hope northland actually get some players in the blues this time

Kolomaitangi did have a busy game and Atiga's one of those reliable, safe and now experienced players those 2 crossed my mind also. Munro has been playing well for awhile now but I never put him in my team lol, I think hes a good versatile back but I didnt pick him in my team 'cos a lot of players from the Taniwha looked good that day including Munro but the standouts for me was O'Connor and Payne. Mean team though Muz.

My ITM 15 for this week are..

15. Tim Nanai-Williams
14. Julian Savea
13. Ben Atiga
12. Stephen Brett
11. Sherwin Stowers
10. Robbie Robertson
09. Alby Mathewson
08. Fritz Lee
07. Daniel Braid/Malakai Rauvulo
06. Scott Reddish
05. Chris Jack
04. Ross Kennedy
03. Charlie Faumuina
02. Hika Elliot
01. Pauliasi Manu

I only seen 3 full games the rest a picked from sky's highlights so I would have missed some hardworking players out that dont score tries.

Last edited:
My ITM 15 for this week are..

03. Charlie Faumuina

man that guy ****** me off haha. he was slowing the ball down so much and the ref did nothing, Northland were very unlucky in that game, plus the try they should have scored but the ref called it a knock on >( i only saw a few games as well

lol @ Otago will be interesting if they get relegated

Nanai williams will become an all black man.. imagine him and dagg working together.... Pure brilliance

I doubt he will but no doubt in the future, he is All Black bound

I'm picking that the Southland Stags unbeaten run is going to end this weekend, at the hands of the Mighty Makos ... ummn ... no wait, that's what I want to happen, not what probably will happen ... I sometimes get confused between the two :D

Went to the Taranaki game last night, got quite drunk and vocal, was able to watch me embarassing myself on the replay in the morning. How good was Beauden Barret? Ripia can **** right off

Went to the Taranaki game last night, got quite drunk and vocal, was able to watch me embarassing myself on the replay in the morning. How good was Beauden Barret? Ripia can **** right off
Yeah him and Adam Thompson had blinders last night.

By the way, some people would have seen this, but Sherwin Stowers scored an amazing individual try last week, which I just have to post. It's worth the watch. Try of the NPC so far.

There looked like a bit of shepherding in there, but a great try none the less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see another Southland Stags Win!! Even if it wasn't pretty and only by penalties!! A win is a win and still undefeated!!!

What do you guys make of Thompson playing 8? Has he got the ball carrying to play there?

What do you guys make of Thompson playing 8? Has he got the ball carrying to play there?

Well, I'm a little mixed over his ball carrying. Is he fast? He's very quick for a loose forward, but in my opinion, he doesn't have a good enough crash game to break the line. In the last match he looked much better as a ball carrier, and made a few very decent breaks.

Great to see another Southland Stags Win!! Even if it wasn't pretty and only by penalties!! A win is a win and still undefeated!!!

Damn! ... sorry I like the Stags, it's just I like the Makos more! :D

... sounds like the Makos lacked discipline ... are well, at least we beat the Cantabs last week :D

with regard to Charles's post on Adam Thomson ... I think the ABs are looking for a player that can cover 6,7 and 8, and he might be it

I'm picking that he will play at blindside for the Crusaders next year though, and Keiran Reid will play at 8

Damn! ... sorry I like the Stags, it's just I like the Makos more! :D

... sounds like the Makos lacked discipline ... are well, at least we beat the Cantabs last week :D

Yes discipline was a factor in the game just silly silly little mistakes but also it makes it hard when prob the best attack side(Makos) is playing the best defensive side(Stags) it is going to make a very boring game lol!!
Chris Jack looked highly gutted in his post match interview too which I don't blame him as I would be annoyed to know they can beat Canterbury but can't beat Southland and Southland drive me crazy a bit as these are the games they should be playing some rugby as they don't have the pressure of defending the Ranfurly shield!!!

As for Adam Thompson as a number 8 I'm not too keen on the idea he makes a better 6 or 7 because of his 7's background he would be so much more explosive of the side of the scrum! He has the height but doesn't have the size to be a number 8 and doesn't break the line enough......Stick to him on the side of the scrum!!

Well, I'm a little mixed over his ball carrying. Is he fast? He's very quick for a loose forward, but in my opinion, he doesn't have a good enough crash game to break the line. In the last match he looked much better as a ball carrier, and made a few very decent breaks.

Hes definitely very quick, one of the fastest forwards going around. He doesnt really have a crash ball game but neither did Sooialo or Read and they went alright. I think its a worthwhile experiment

Hey guys, what have the crowds been like so far in the ITM cup?

Hey guys, what have the crowds been like so far in the ITM cup?

Depends for which union. In Otago the stands are empty, however Southland and Counties crowds are above average. Doesn't seem to be too impressive crowds at this stage, especially in the bigger unions, but that's just on observation.