• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 ITM Cup] Finals

Great win for Mananatu, but you have to feel sorry for the Magpies, losing the chance to win the Championship, and with it, promotion to the Premiership in the last play of the game, two years in a row

Serves them right for kicking away possession with under 2 minutes remaining, how many times has that cost teams this year?

Congrats to Manawatu! Unfortunately I missed the game, but am looking forwards to the Premiership final this afternoon. It is a tough game to pick, but I'm going to have to go for Tasman. Let's face it though, they are only good because they are stacked with Highlanders players ;)

Congrats to Manawatu! Unfortunately I missed the game, but am looking forwards to the Premiership final this afternoon. It is a tough game to pick, but I'm going to have to go for Tasman. Let's face it though, they are only good because they are stacked with Highlanders players ;)

Hey now, five Chiefs, one Crusader, one Blue and five Highlanders!

Good game so far. I reckon Tasman have looked more dangerous with ball in hand, but Taranaki have been more clinical.

Ok. The Naki deservedly wins but Im still smiling. NZ rugby is in rude health when the provinces can produce a final like that.

Makos just do not know when to quit!!

So happy for my father tonight as he is in his 89th year and probably never thought he would live to see the mighty Naki lift the trophy.

My throat is wrecked from all the shouting, but am so glad I got to see the Naki lift the cup in the flesh. Never thought it would happen.

Well after my abhorrent start to betting this season, promptly losing $100 betting that Northland would not be beaten by a ridiculous number against Canterbury, I've done pretty well.

Started with $20,have ended up with $66. Another season and I might break even ;)

Big congrats to Taranaki, they've consistently been up there for a while so it's good they can get a great result. Tasman can't be too disheartened, winning the Championship last season and just missing out in the final of the Premiership is nothing to be sore about.

Big congrats to Taranaki, they've consistently been up there for a while so it's good they can get a great result. Tasman can't be too disheartened, winning the Championship last season and just missing out in the final of the Premiership is nothing to be sore about.

Nick, not at all sore. I'm really proud of the Tasman boys this year.

I knew that their throwing away of that round robin game against Taranaki earlier in the season was going to come back and bite them on the arse. But for that, this final would have been at home.

That said, the Premiership was there for the taking in New Plymnouth. They outscored Taranaki four tries to three, but just gave away too many silly penalties. The first one, taking out a kick chaser was just pointless, because that chaser wasn't going to get anywhere near the ball. The in the second half, they gave up a penalty for not retiring under the 10m Law at their own clearing kick! Dumb, and dumber when they did exactly the same thing again a few minutes later.

In his post match speech, the Naki captain acknowledged that Tasman were the form team all season; that's high praise from the captain of team that has also been outstanding this year.

Nick, not at all sore. I'm really proud of the Tasman boys this year.

I knew that their throwing away of that round robin game against Taranaki earlier in the season was going to come back and bite them on the arse. But for that, this final would have been at home.

That said, the Premiership was there for the taking in New Plymnouth. They outscored Taranaki four tries to three, but just gave away too many silly penalties. The first one, taking out a kick chaser was just pointless, because that chaser wasn't going to get anywhere near the ball. The in the second half, they gave up a penalty for not retiring under the 10m Law at their own clearing kick! Dumb, and dumber when they did exactly the same thing again a few minutes later.

In his post match speech, the Naki captain acknowledged that Tasman were the form team all season; that's high praise from the captain of team that has also been outstanding this year.

The sore comment wasn't directed at anyone :).

Latest posts