[2014 ITM Cup] Finals

TRF Mr Fish

Your Piscine Overlord
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
ITM-Cup-Logo.png

Finals

24/10 - Manawatu v Hawke's Bay (Championship)

Manawatu: Nehe Milner-Skudder, Nathan Tudreu, Jason Emery, Hamish Northcott, Semisi Masirewa, Otere Black, Kayne Hammington, Nick Crosswell, Callum Gibbins (c), Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, Keepa Mewett, Fraser Stone, Ma'afu Fia or Chris Eves, Rob Foreman, Hubert Buydens. Reserves: Nick Grogan, Chris Eves or Tim Cadwallader, Tom Hughes, Antonio Kiri Kiri, Jamie Booth, Jade Te Rure, Newton Tudreu.

Hawke's Bay:
Matt Berquist, Ryan Tongia, Robbie Fruean, Jason Shoemark, Shannan Chase, Ihaia West, Chris Eaton, Brendon O'Connor (c), Tony Lamborn, Trent Boswell-Wakefield, Mark Abbott, Michael Allardice, Jason Marshall, Ash Dixon, Brendon Edmonds. Reserves: Ged Robinson, Adrian Barone, Tom Parsons, Mark Atkins, Ellery Wilson, Ted Walters, Mikey Vuicakau.

25/10 - Tasman v Taranaki (Premiership)

Tasman: Robbie Malneek, Bryce Heem, Kieron Fonotia, Tom Marshall, James Lowe, Marty Banks, Jimmy Cowan, Liam Squire, Shane Christie (c), Pete Samu, Joe Wheeler, Alex Ainley, Ross Geldenhuys, Quentin MacDonald, Siua Hulanukunuka. Reserves: Jesse MacDonald, Reuben Northover, Tevita Cavubati, Vernon Fredricks, Billy Guyton, David Havili, Mitch Scott.

Taranaki: James Marshall (c), Codey Rei, Seta Tamanivalu, Charlie Ngatai, Waisake Naholo, Marty McKenzie, Chris Smylie, Blade Thomson, Berny Hall, Mitchell Crosswell, James Broadhurst, Riki Hoeata, Angus Ta'avao, Rhys Marshall, Mitchell Graham. Reserves: Sione Lea, Ryan Cocker, Mitchell Brown, Iopu Iopu-Aso, Jamison Gibson-Park, Jackson Ormond, Kurt Baker.

3qSmgaz.png

Last edited:
I'm so nervous for tonight's match.. After the great season we have had I'll be devastated if Manawatu don't win. Especially so as the last time we had a chance we got beaten by HB in the final when we had Cruden and Smith running the show for us.

I'm so nervous for tonight's match.. After the great season we have had I'll be devastated if Manawatu don't win. Especially so as the last time we had a chance we got beaten by HB in the final when we had Cruden and Smith running the show for us.

I actually thought both games were tomorrow!

I'm very excited for both these two matches. Whilst Hawke's Bay (and to a lesser extent Manawatu) are predictable finalists, it's great to see Tasman and Taranaki contesting the Premiership.

Both games 50/50, in my opinion. Hawke's Bay haven't looked as good since Horrell left, and with Buckman out injured too I think Manawatu may snatch tonight's match. Player for player I think Hawke's Bay have the better lineup, but Manawatu have been performing very well this season and after not giving them a shot pre-season I think it's about time I back them!

For tomorrow's match, Tasman have been the more consistent team all season, but Taranaki have found some incredible form lately, particularly since Tamanivalu moved to the midfield.

Fantastic individual try from West.

To quote Scotty Stevenson, "hashtag amazing".

Another good try for Hawke's Bay. Simple draw and pass at pace, plus some classy finishing from Chase.

Te Rure comes on for Black... Worked well for them during the season. Good to see the coaches haven't changed their tactic just because it's a final.

Great work by Fruean, Berquist, West, Abbott and Chase for that try.

Good try. Great game so far.

EDIT:Huge tackle by Fruen. That'll make Smashed 'em bro

Last edited:
Absolutely stupid kick.

And then he doesn't even have the humility to chase the whole way.

Congratulations Manawatu, what a great game - a bit disappointed with that finish, I though we might be in for some more extra time.

But I digress. Great win for Manawatu, very deserved. Don shall be happy :p

Hah. Best commentator comment of the night, when referring to three ginger Manawatu players being on the park at the same..

"There's more red-heads here than a night in Aberdeen!"

Great win for Manawatu, but you have to feel sorry for the Magpies, losing the chance to win the Championship, and with it, promotion to the Premiership in the last play of the game, two years in a row.

Last edited:

Latest posts