• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Highlanders 2013

I think he'll probably be signed by the Hurricanes - they sign all their Wellington players ;)

Except Lima Sopoaga, Ma'a Nonu and Hosea Gear...all be it the last name wasn't by choice.

dont forget Nick, we lent you Hore for years!......

Except Lima Sopoaga, Ma'a Nonu and Hosea Gear...all be it the last name wasn't by choice.

I meant when they first emerge as good players.

Forgot about Sopoaga though! I think that was literally a case of not having space though (although admittedly it's dumb to pick Kirkpatrick...)

All Blacks: Thorn gives nod to Highlanders for 2013

Article here

Good to see him back.

Thorn could really teach Hoeata some things

darwin, can you rename this thread "Highlanders - 2013" or something like that?

edit:cheers darwin

Last edited:
edit: WOW - Thread merge inception!

Last edited:
Thorn could really teach Hoeata some things

darwin, can you rename this thread "Highlanders - 2013" or something like that?

edit:cheers darwin
Yeah, I've seen Bekhuis and Hoeata play some good matches, but they seem to have disciplinary issues.
Brad Thorn just needs to throw them about a bit during training. (I'd expect JJ to do this already, though. Can we have him in Durban?)

i'm getting a little excited about how good our pack MAY be next year, could be a very good platform

attention should now be turned to what the heck is Adam Thomson doing next year?

i am slowly becoming less worried about that, there is some real talent in the south with loosies and although i have been a fan his style seems less of what we are looking for

JJ seems to be building a more traditional/complete team with strong forwards and ball running backs...dont think there is going to be much room for a loosie out on the wing

This may sound terrible but I'd love Thorn, if he's good enough, to play a bit more for the All Blacks. Over Ali Williams certainly. Great, great news for the Highlanders if true.

Liam Coltman was signed on last night

Good to see. It does signal the end of Rutledge in Highlanders colours (which I'm sure you will not be too happy about) - I wonder whether other teams will be keen to draft him in?

...he should start his own team...just him...he'd dominate, the other 14 blokes have been dragging him down for years

Latest posts