• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

We still got options I guess (In no particular order)
Locks/6: Isiekwe, Martiin, Chessum, Moon
6: Reid, CCS, Pearson, Dugdale,
7: Underhill, Evans, Ludlam, Curry,
8: Alfie, Fisilau, Dombrandt,

Shame Kenningham is injured also.
Looking at potential players currently starting for their teams

Fisilau is looking promising.

Would go with
4. Martin, Hill
5. Itoje, Isiekwe
6. Chessum, Pearson
7. Underhill, Ludlam,
8. Alfie, Dombrandt,

With maybe CCS, Fisilau and Curry making the 7th option *Going off last seasons squad balance

Could see
6. Chessum
7. Underhill
8. Ludlam
Being the starters from that squad

We still got options I guess (In no particular order)
Locks/6: Isiekwe, Martiin, Chessum, Moon
6: Reid, CCS, Pearson, Dugdale,
7: Underhill, Evans, Ludlam, Curry,
8: Alfie, Fisilau, Dombrandt,

Shame Kenningham is injured also.
Looking at potential players currently starting for their teams

Fisilau is looking promising.

Would go with
4. Martin, Hill
5. Itoje, Isiekwe
6. Chessum, Pearson
7. Underhill, Ludlam,
8. Alfie, Dombrandt,

With maybe CCS, Fisilau and Curry making the 7th option *Going off last seasons squad balance

Could see
6. Chessum
7. Underhill
8. Ludlam
Being the starters from that squad
Earl will be there. Even if he's only just come back he'll at least be on the bench.

Said it all along and and people laughed
And rightly so, it's a crap idea when we've so much talent in the backrow
Doesn't mean Borthwick won't do it, though

Are we classing Evans as just to small for intl rugby and a no go as a result?
I don't consider him in contention just because he hasn't been before, so he must've been like 5th+ choice
That said he's in fine form and we're missing a number of backrowers so never say never

And rightly so, it's a crap idea when we've so much talent in the backrow
Doesn't mean Borthwick won't do it, though

I don't consider him in contention just because he hasn't been before, so he must've been like 5th+ choice
That said he's in fine form and we're missing a number of backrowers so never say never
Hence why people shouldn't have doubted it...

I think the laughter was the idea not the possibility,
If you spend time seriously thinking about SBs mentality you'd spend more time crying than anything else

6 Chessum
7 Underhill
8 Barbeary

Ludlum in there aswell i guess. CCS...surely hes an A option rather than full squad. Alex Coles has been in the squad before and playing well.

I think Martin is a top 6 potentially
Just he's also a top lock, and we lack locks with his power game so it makes more sense to have him in the lock position.

Hill at 4 and Martin at 6 could be an interesting option. Hill has looked good for sale

I think Martin is a top 6 potentially
Just he's also a top lock, and we lack locks with his power game so it makes more sense to have him in the lock position.

Hill at 4 and Martin at 6 could be an interesting option. Hill has looked good for sale
For me if Martin is in the side then he's at lock because of his scrummaging ability. I'd move both Itoje and Chessum onto the flank before him because I'd prioritise keeping his power in the engine room even if he has spent more time at 6 than the others.

What is Asher Opoku-Fordjour strongest position?
I know he played most of his rugby at LH in age grades but Sale have him listed as Tighthead and he's only played there for them.

I get the feeling he can cover Loosehead and mainly played there because of Fasogbon in the U20's

Would be England's luck if we have suddenly a load of talented TH all coming up the same time but not the same amount of LH's

I know he played most of his rugby at LH in age grades but Sale have him listed as Tighthead and he's only played there for them.

I get the feeling he can cover Loosehead and mainly played there because of Fasogbon in the U20's

Would be England's luck if we have suddenly a load of talented TH all coming up the same time but not the same amount of LH's
In that scrummaging article Olyy shared the other day he was quoted as saying he prefers tighthead so I imagine that's where he'll end up.

In that scrummaging article Olyy shared the other day he was quoted as saying he prefers tighthead so I imagine that's where he'll end up.

Yeh, with him and Harper will be good to see them push each other.

Trying to think of which Looseheads look the most promising now really.
Bevan Rodd
Finn Baxter
Brantingham
Whitcombe at Tigers is pretty rated by the coaching staff
Haffar and Iyogun at Saints

Honestly U24 props in general do seem to be in a good place for England, just waiting and hoping they can carry on developing

We've lost two tightheads in the last 6 months and signed none so I imagine it's tighthead where he'll focus (and, as mentioned above, it's where he wants to play)

That said I wouldn't be surprised if he covers loosehead off the bench this weekend with Rodd and SiMac both injured - depends whether Harper is fit

LH isnt too bad a shape...

Marler available till 2025...
Obano just needs to stay fit and at 29 has a good few years in him to make the squad..
Genge should be around for a few years yet
Baxter at Quins looks good
and im biased but Brantingham has been playing very well indeed.

Thats just off the top of my head...must be others coming through aswell.

So we should be good going forward..

Latest posts