• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Wales vs France - 10/03/24

It's clear we are really struggling physically, iñthe past we've had physical guys at half backs , Liam williams , Dan biggar , even George north when he played wing, now we don't even have one physical guy in the whole team , mike Phillips is probably more physical than our centres these days

Wasn't there some psychological study which said teams play better in red?

I'd love to see England in red, with white as the change.
Apparently red is colour that the eye is drawn to, it also considered to represent blood. On addition to that blue and ref are strong dye colours and white is bleached making them an ideal combination

Sheldon-Cooper-Fun-with-Flags-Big-Bang-Theory.png

Last edited:
That's France not England
Flag, yes - I'm aware.
Expression, no.
Agreed, but choose red, at least it's on your flag
A] We do
B] So what?
C] Did you miss this bit? or just ignore it completely?
And since when do team colours have to be related to flag colours? No black in the NZ flag, no Gold in the Aussie, no azure in the Italian...
I'll add though - why does anyone care what colour a team other than their own chooses as a change strip? or even as a first strip, for that matter?

Non vintage France, but men against boys.

Main takeaway is that Max Boyce, like Welsh rugby, peaked in the 1970s.

Flag, yes - I'm aware.
Expression, no.

A] We do
B] So what?
C] Did you miss this bit? or just ignore it completely?

I'll add though - why does anyone care what colour a team other than their own chooses as a change strip? or even as a first strip, for that matter?
If Mexico showed up in blue and red to a soccer match I'd be upset. It's sport, it's all irrational.

How was Reffell saw he was taken off early, was it an injury?
Knee injury, not sure what - played on for quite a while after getting it strapped up but it was obviously bothering him

He was very very good up until he went off - honestly would be one of my picks for player of the tournament despite Wales' run of results

I was there. Wales' implosion in the final quarter was terrible. Might it be largely explained by all the substitutions, esp the half-backs?

Apparently red is colour that the eye is drawn to, it also considered to represent blood. On addition to that blue and ref are strong dye colours and white is bleached making them an ideal combination

View attachment 19305
Actually the human eye can see more shades of green than any other colour. So that would put Ireland and SA at a disadvantage because they cant hide on the field.

That was an odd game, France clearly have defensive problems, but ultimately their bench upped the tempo and Wales bench wobbled around.

3 tries early on were directly related to awful kicking, if Robert's was brought in for his left foot, I'd rather have seen North kick with his left instead.

Costello and Lloyd proved once again not up to it at this standard, as did Tomos William's kicking, absolutely rubbish to spend 80 minutes, kick 30 times and get someone under to contest maybe 2 or 3 times.

It was sad to see desperation trying to force it from their own 22, including cross field kicks which always gave the ball away.

Italy are firm favourites next week.

Le Garrec was very impressive should of started every game. Much more Dupontesque than Luci. France's fitness appears to have seriously diminished post WC some of the forwards were gasping after half a dozen phases
Wales need power all of the park, some nice, neat and tidy players. However you can't win at this level without power, size and speed. The french subs blew them away in what was a tight game until the 55 minute mark

Latest posts