• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] England vs Wales - 10/02/24

I really like Barclay. He's not immune from the usual pundit stuff obviously but he's a good pundit nonetheless. I'm a bit biased, though, as he has a soft spot for Wale given his time at the Scarlets.
John is a good guy he was a few years above me at school. His very dry sense of humor and slightly less exuberant personality balances well with Warbs who I also enjoy watching. All in all they make a good steady partnership with Ugo and it's good to have modern ex players dissect the games with a much better understanding of the pro era than the older crew (Guscott, Nicol even Jiffy etc) have even offered.

I dont know how to call this one. My head and heart are in conflict.
I do think though, the Welsh players would have had the footage\memories of JPR and Barry John rammed down their throats. JPR never lost at HQ and believe he always scored there when playing for Wales. I may be wrong on that. My foresight tells me the headlines will be something like "Wales gave a spirited performance".

Almost definitely, but Wales are nearly always good for an out-of-nowhere try or two vs England
This kind of talk always reminds me of the almost come back some time back that sore Manu get red card near the end for a high tackle into touch, whilst earlier play allowed Dan Parks around his neck after being hit pretty high and Wales receiving nothing in terms of punishment, if I recall it was comfortable mostly then a bit squeaky towards the end, moments and things that occur during Welsh games are always so memorable for some reason.

Game Day

Oh Yeah Smile GIF by BrownSugarApp

But Will was very happy though his money all had gone
He swapped 5 photos of his wife for 1 of Barry John

Come on boys, let's beat these horrible villains for Barry and JPR

Looking forwards to today, especially as I've accidentally played a blinder. The wife needs to head into town earlier than expected which means I'll have to be dropped at the pub no later than 3! I'm gonna be well warmed up come KO 🤪. God I hope we beat the Welsh. No amount of fine ale can ever make them bearable when they win. Also hope CCS and Feyi-Waboso can get a bit more time on the pitch to show what they can do.
Right, time to caffeine load and prep for the long haul. God I love rugby!

" They stole are lands, took are resources" screams Gats.

Half the dressing "But Warren my mum and dad are English, and i was born there" "You are being very mean".
I always think Scotland's pregame speeches must be weird, considering there's likely a handful of the opposition in the dressing room no matter who they're playing

I always think Scotland's pregame speeches must be weird, considering there's likely a handful of the opposition in the dressing room no matter who they're playing
I would say Van Der Merwe constantly has to be placed next to someone Scottish during the anthems to help him with the words, but he probably gave up trying to say them years ago.

Nerves.

Daffodil hats, painted faces, land of out fathers and all that nonsense can do one. I want to win.

I'm off to the nearest tap house to calm the nerves and think about my irrational hatred that always happens on this game day

Nerves.

Daffodil hats, painted faces, land of out fathers and all that nonsense can do one. I want to win.

I'm off to the nearest tap house to calm the nerves and think about my irrational hatred that always happens on this game day
I've been good and only purchased 8 pint cans of Guinness. Which I will start consuming during the build up of the Scottish game.

I will then spend the whole game on the Scottish match thread pointing out every Scottish indiscretion without mentioning any of France's to paint a picture that only one team is being reffed correctly

My grandmother's 88th birthday today, so I'll either be avoiding the result or living vicariously through this thread.

Probably the latter, so let's have a blow-by-blow description please. Beats the Telegraph's shonky live reporting.

I've been good and only purchased 8 pint cans of Guinness. Which I will start consuming during the build up of the Scottish game.

I will then spend the whole game on the Scottish match thread pointing out every Scottish indiscretion without mentioning any of France's to paint a picture that only one team is being reffed correctly
Nothing new there, myopia has always been your friend

Latest posts